Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2896 2897 [2898] 2899 2900 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010519 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43455 on: July 18, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »

Kid given all you know about the pandemic what grade would you give the president's handling of this crisis so far?

And Incomplete is not an answer

b plus

Grading on the curve, huh?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43456 on: July 18, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »

Really?

The Black Aussie model hasn't been seen or heard of since being grabbed and taken to who knows where even though having a valid passport / valid visa  and obeying all conditions  of her sentence by the judge in a US court.

I said to mrs bambu: " They can't do that."
She replied: "Yes they can,  it's their country...they can do whatever they like."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:51:01 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43457 on: July 18, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »

Folks screaming wearing a mask infringes on 5heir freedoms should drive down Main Street without a seatbelt.

Are they gonna grab their guns and protest “Click it or Ticket?”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43458 on: July 18, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »

Kid given all you know about the pandemic what grade would you give the president's handling of this crisis so far?

b plus

Grading on the curve, huh?

I think kid knocked off a few points for the Clorox cocktail cure.

So keeping Track

bank-D

Kid B+

barton

« Reply #43459 on: July 18, 2020, 07:24:05 PM »

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/masks-and-emasculation-why-some-men-refuse-to-take-safety-precautions/

(I know I said I was done posting links.   But this touches on several of the issues that have been kicking up a lot of dust here)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:26:38 PM by barton »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43460 on: July 18, 2020, 07:28:44 PM »

bank-D

Kid B +

Just like college

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43461 on: July 18, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »

bank-D

Kid B +

Just like college

heh

That was my first semester, after taking a year off I went gangbusters

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43462 on: July 18, 2020, 08:14:42 PM »

Young mom shot dead in Indeanapolis for saying  "all lives matter".
Well there you go.
If only she'd moved thru society wearing headphones and swaying to the sounds of the Tennessee waltz instead.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43463 on: July 18, 2020, 08:34:18 PM »

Well there you go.
If only she'd moved thru society wearing headphones and swaying to the sounds of the Tennessee waltz instead.

More complicated than you have suggested.

This is from her fiance:
According to Ramirez, the shooting started over some racially charged language. Ramirez claimed he and Whitaker and two other people were hanging out along the canal when someone in their group used a slang version of the N-word.

Ramirez said that word prompted a confrontation by a group of strangers in which the suspect’s group shouted “Black Lives Matter” and either Whitaker or someone in her group replied that “All Lives Matter”.

Eventually the two sides separated because they realized they were both armed. The groups then fist bumped and walked away from each other.

However, minutes later Ramirez claims the killer opened fire from a nearby bridge and ran away.

“It was squashed and they went up the hill and left we thought, but they were sitting on St. Clair waiting for us to come under the bridge and that’s when she got shot,” said Ramirez.

Ramirez admitted he returned fire, but didn’t hit anyone.

There is more, but it doesn't feel as relevant to me.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43464 on: July 18, 2020, 08:35:06 PM »

b plus

What would it have taken for him to be getting a C? A D?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43465 on: July 18, 2020, 09:19:07 PM »

Well there you go.

This is from her fiance:
According to Ramirez, the shooting started over some racially charged language. Ramirez claimed he and Whitaker and two other people were hanging out along the canal when someone in their group used a slang version of the N-word.

Ramirez said that word prompted a confrontation by a group of strangers in which the suspect’s group shouted “Black Lives Matter” and either Whitaker or someone in her group replied that “All Lives Matter”.

Eventually the two sides separated because they realized they were both armed. The groups then fist bumped and walked away from each other.

However, minutes later Ramirez claims the killer opened fire from a nearby bridge and ran away.

“It was squashed and they went up the hill and left we thought, but they were sitting on St. Clair waiting for us to come under the bridge and that’s when she got shot,” said Ramirez.

Perfectly clear to me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #43466 on: July 18, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/masks-and-emasculation-why-some-men-refuse-to-take-safety-precautions/

(I know I said I was done posting links.   But this touches on several of the issues that have been kicking up a lot of dust here)

In Victoria state bambuland, from today...$200 fine for not wearing a mask...law, cops stop and issue fine...no excuses.
"I wanted to look like a macho man not a wimp."
"You were told to wear a mask in public, you didn't, so here is a $200 fine for you."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43467 on: July 18, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »

Well there you go.

This is from her fiance:

Perfectly clear to me.

Of course it is.

People doing as you say and walking around with guns. People having words. Somebody loses their temper and shoots. Somebody dies.

Just like you want.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #43468 on: July 18, 2020, 09:35:14 PM »

That's what happens when "guns are cocked and ready to fire."
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43469 on: July 18, 2020, 09:39:21 PM »

People doing as you say and walking around with guns. People having words. Somebody loses their temper and shoots. Somebody dies.

From the account that is not what occurred

Somewhat pre-meditated.
Pages: 1 ... 2896 2897 [2898] 2899 2900 ... 4288