Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2920 2921 [2922] 2923 2924 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009996 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43816 on: July 21, 2020, 02:50:33 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-announce-racketeering-case-ohio-speakers-farm

FBI to announce $60M racketeering case following raid, reported arrest at Ohio speaker's farm
The DOJ says its case involves a bribe to a state official and associates

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43817 on: July 21, 2020, 03:00:37 PM »

That Tigani went to prison for campaign finance violations related to Biden’s campaign, and that he cooperated with federal investigators, has been known for years. But the details of his attempted cooperation, including the fact that the FBI investigated the Biden campaign, have remained secret until now.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/07/21/christopher-tigani-joe-biden-fundraising-373724

Trump's former lawyer/fixer is currently in jail for committing campaign finance violations that were directed by Trump personally.

Biden was investigated by.....let's see....... THE DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

Can't make it up.

Special prosecutor. independent investigation. Cleared. Tigani is a disgruntled guy, because he was stupid, and got caught.  If you know DE, you know the Tiganis. Alcohol distribution; not the cleanest of businesses.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43818 on: July 21, 2020, 03:05:19 PM »

That Tigani went to prison for campaign finance violations related to Biden’s campaign, and that he cooperated with federal investigators, has been known for years. But the details of his attempted cooperation, including the fact that the FBI investigated the Biden campaign, have remained secret until now.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/07/21/christopher-tigani-joe-biden-fundraising-373724

Trump's former lawyer/fixer is currently in jail for committing campaign finance violations that were directed by Trump personally.

Biden was investigated by.....let's see....... THE DELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

Can't make it up.

Special prosecutor. independent investigation. Cleared. Tigani is a disgruntled guy, because he was stupid, and got caught.  If you know DE, you know the Tiganis. Alcohol distribution; not the cleanest of businesses.

Always better for Kid to focus on an accused (regardless of result) Democrat than a perp GOP member, like Trump and his boys, found guilty of fraud in multiple instances.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43819 on: July 21, 2020, 03:08:20 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-sign-order-illegal-immigrants-voting-districts

Undocumented residents should not be counted toward the size of voting districts, says Trump in his new executive order.

This is his workaround for having had the citizenship question stricken from the census.

There will be a suit over this one, too, and I would not bet on his winning in court, given the background. Among other things, if you cannot ask citizenship questions, how do you know which people to exclude from the apportionment count?!

Understand, I am not asserting that the undocumented residents should be counted, only calling into question this approach to dealing with the topic.

They SHOULD get counted because they are there.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43820 on: July 21, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »

Given the twin threats of loss of job and loss of unemployment benefits, coupled with Trump's threats to open the schools, of course he can.

Trump cant open the schools

What his aim is right now is that schools are working toward a re-open

Regardless of the state's or municipality's preferences and regardless of safety.
This isnt complicated

States should be working toward re-opening (and they are), so that the plan is in place if the numbers say GO.

What are the necessary numbers?  We dont  know - the slanted Gayle King never asked.

Again you misrepresent the Trump Administration’s position on schools, one you supported not too long ago.

I do appreciate how you’ve changed your stance once you heard the relevant arguments though.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #43822 on: July 21, 2020, 03:15:04 PM »

About to hit 4M positives, which means the actual infected number is likely around 45M and heading to 50M.

Completely dismaying.  Thoroughly avoidable.  Perplexing how bad the Trump Admin handled (didn't handle) this.

kiid's B+ grade gave me a good laugh.
I'm really not sure how the virus could have been handled worse.

It's weird watching America crash and burn because folks couldn't wear face masks or act responsibly.  And had one of the stupidest and most irresponsible Americans as president. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43823 on: July 21, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »

Again you misrepresent the Trump Administration’s position on schools

Really - I don't

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43824 on: July 21, 2020, 03:34:29 PM »

Really - I don't

Really, you do.  And I won't bury you under another avalanche of links like Echo4 did only so that you can ignore them again.

But, as I said, I appreciate the moderation of your stance (to the point where really you no longer have one) after we made you understand how wrong your previous position was.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43825 on: July 21, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »

I have worn a mask lawfully from the start - and have been behind school openings within reason from the outset.

I also am against day-long mask-wearing at my kids' schools

Nothing has changed

Anything else?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43826 on: July 21, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43827 on: July 21, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »

Really - I don't

Really, you do.  And I won't bury you under another avalanche of links like Echo4 did only so that you can ignore them again.

But, as I said, I appreciate the moderation of your stance (to the point where really you no longer have one) after we made you understand how wrong your previous position was.

I've received word today that both of my kids will be 100% on remote learning at the start of the school year.  The city isn't even opening the school buildings to prepare for classes until the middle of September.

It will be, as I said, a nightmare for the parents who will no doubt need to extend working from home as a result, while also serving as their kids' taskmasters (though difference next year will be that the teachers will be on screen for most of the day.)

Frustrating that this needs to happen, but the blame is squarely with Trump.  NYC needs to proceed with an abundance of caution because most of the rest of the country did not.  And its worth the trouble to live in a place where new cases are not spiraling out of control.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43828 on: July 21, 2020, 03:39:43 PM »

I have worn a mask lawfully from the start - and have been behind school openings within reason from the outset.

Within reason?  Why the hesitation if people are "Far far FAR more likely to get the virus outside of school" (paraphrasing you, but you know its accurate.)
Pages: 1 ... 2920 2921 [2922] 2923 2924 ... 4288