Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009434 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #43980 on: July 22, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »

(b) CJ Cregg remains fictional. And when she was set up to lie to the media she got angry. No signs of anger on McEnany's part.

How would you know?

(a) the leakers in the WH
(b) her demeanor in front of the cameras.

barton

« Reply #43981 on: July 22, 2020, 03:05:12 PM »

Next week on "Word Pedant," I explore the definitions of fascism.

Only if I let you!

I control the horizontal! I control the vertical!

He's reached the outer limits of moderation!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43983 on: July 22, 2020, 03:32:23 PM »

(b) CJ Cregg remains fictional. And when she was set up to lie to the media she got angry. No signs of anger on McEnany's part.

How would you know?

daft

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43984 on: July 22, 2020, 03:33:47 PM »

But you're right

McEnany is no Cregg.

And Cregg no Perino.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43985 on: July 22, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »

Stupid CNN headline:

Lawmakers perplexed by billions in unspent Covid-19 testing money

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/congress-coronavirus-testing-unspent-funds/index.html

Yeah, its a real fucking mystery when Trump has said in public that he wants to slow down testing.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #43986 on: July 22, 2020, 03:38:20 PM »

"They want to keep this framework going of panic and chaos. I think in part because they think it might hurt the president," she said. "They are wrong. Americans are not infants. We know what is going on, and we are going to defend our lives. The president, I think, is within that framework. He understands that, but this is not going to bode well for the Democrats in November."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tammy-bruce-pelosi-dems-covid-trump

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43987 on: July 22, 2020, 03:50:34 PM »

"They want to keep this framework going of panic and chaos. I think in part because they think it might hurt the president," she said. "They are wrong. Americans are not infants. We know what is going on, and we are going to defend our lives. The president, I think, is within that framework. He understands that, but this is not going to bode well for the Democrats in November."

Meanwhile in the real world, Democrats are pushing to continue the $600 increase in UI benefits that kept the US economy afloat over the last four months of lockdowns, when if they wanted to "keep this framework going of panic and chaos" and were only motivated by beating Trump in November, ending those benefits and putting the economy in a nosedive would be the surest way to do it.  Republicans know this well.  It was their playbook against Obama.

Over 1,000 dead per day, no sign of a drop-off in the increase in cases, and even Trump saying the worst days are ahead of us, but somehow COVID is all a Democratic hoax.  Pathetic bullshit.

And kiidcarter8 is pathetic for pointing to this garbage.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43988 on: July 22, 2020, 03:52:45 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #43989 on: July 22, 2020, 04:18:29 PM »

Albuquerque and Chicago.

Achtung, bitches!

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43990 on: July 22, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »

How would you know?

daft

says the fool who compared her to a fictional character.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #43991 on: July 22, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »

Albuquerque and Chicago.

Achtung, bitches!

Sanctuary cities.  As I said before, they are implementing a plan they had well before the rise in BLM protests. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/Border-Patrol-ICE-Sanctuary-Cities.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:51:43 PM by NeedsAdjustments »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43992 on: July 22, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »

(a) We don't know what is going on because Trump has blocked some of the sources of information.

(b) The president is a baby.

(c) Watch the masses whining about having to wear masks or refusing to do so and tell me again how we are not babies.

(d) Sycophants gotta sicko.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43993 on: July 22, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »

Meanwhile in the real world, Democrats are pushing to continue the $600 increase in UI benefits that kept the US economy afloat over the last four months of lockdowns, when if they wanted to "keep this framework going of panic and chaos" and were only motivated by beating Trump in November, ending those benefits and putting the economy in a nosedive would be the surest way to do it.  Republicans know this well.  It was their playbook against Obama.

Over 1,000 dead per day, no sign of a drop-off in the increase in cases, and even Trump saying the worst days are ahead of us, but somehow COVID is all a Democratic hoax.  Pathetic bullshit.

And kiidcarter8 is pathetic for pointing to this garbage.

Repubican inability to effectively govern or give a shit about the lower and middle classes and people most vulnerable is proven once again. Mostly they don't care about these people.

Much as they spent decades trying to defeat healthcare reforms, and when given 8 years couldn't come up with any plan but went after O-care for pure vindictiveness and cruelty, and today are pursuing to strip O-Care from the people who tuly need a safety net, Republicans are fucking garbage and have to be dumped on the curb where some average Joe or Jose, will place them in the back of the truck and crush them. Gotta keep the streets clean of this shit.

The Rs have had plenty of time to try and agree to the next round of aid as millions of americans are exposed to the continued economic hardships related to the covid-catasophre and only made worse by inept Republican governing.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43994 on: July 22, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/john-hickenlooper-cory-gardner-ad-nrsc/index.html

Cory Gardner acts responsibly.

We'll see if the NRSC does the same.
Pages: 1 ... 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 ... 4288