Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008920 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44115 on: July 23, 2020, 02:21:27 PM »

You can feel what you feel, but you have no right to insult.

If you are living a life consumed by anger, I feel sorry for you and I hope you get the help you need.

He has every right to insult, you twat. You may dispute the call to insult, but the right to insult is pretty well established, especially when the insult is well earned, dingleberry.

Ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

There is no right to insult.

You are confused, and are showing no real understanding of what it means to entertain a different point of view than your own, without taking personal offense. So you feel justified to go to the gutter.

It's extremely immature to be so quick to embrace your own ego in order to throw yet another adolescent snit, but especially when you do it in order to defend another's illegitimacy; it's exactly what TRUMP does.

You're really no different than who you profess to loathe.

And typical of many who reside on the extreme ends of the political spectra.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44116 on: July 23, 2020, 02:23:05 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:26:12 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44117 on: July 23, 2020, 02:23:26 PM »

Latest from Lincoln Project:

https://youtu.be/2uLJkpH__os

Trump Virus.

One day he will just disappear.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44118 on: July 23, 2020, 02:25:12 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44119 on: July 23, 2020, 02:25:21 PM »

Uno, I have deep sympathy for you, child. I sincerely believe that if you start working you can get somewhere.

This might be related to America’s growing understanding that republicans are terrible for the economy.

“This is a good shorting spot.

In fact, we fell yet another 1,800 point to 21,600 just recently but it was an overshoot and we quickly took back the strong retrace and the weak retrace and now we're back at 27,000 but the real question is – where should we be? 

Let's consider that 18,000 was a realistic base.  The economy was going well under Obama, America was at full employment and a respected World leader and the deficit was getting under control – all good things that help a market stay strong.  The Dollar was strong too, it was at 102 in 2017 and Americans enjoyed great buying power and my kids loved going to the Dollar store to get knick knacks. 

Trump took office in January of 2017 and he cut taxes drastically for Corporations and people in the Top 1% and the Dollar dove all the way to 0.88 a year later, a 14% collapse that we've only recovered half of 2.5 years later.  Losing 7% of the buying power on every penny you've saved your entire life is a devastating shock to the average American, who was not able to offset the loss of buying power through their stock market gains. 

Still the weak Dollar is also good for our Corporate Citizens (thanks Citizens United!) as well as for the Top 1%, whose stock prices were jacked up by the weak dollar which, of course, makes our exports cheaper too.  This is how we make America Great, by devaluing our currency, running up the deficit and putting profits over people time and time again.  Surely that's worth a 20% boost in the Dow, isn't it?”
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44120 on: July 23, 2020, 02:27:40 PM »

Seriously...

Fuck this guy.

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1286272616630833154?s=21

Yeah - I think Barr is wrong

None of this current stuff is about George Floyd - or any man killed by police action.

It's not about any specific individual killed by police action.

It is about many people killed by police action.

It is about systemic racism.

It is about abuse of power.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44121 on: July 23, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »

Kiid is the most cowardly form of terrorist, hence his affinity for trump.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bv8y45/how-police-unions-protect-racist-cops
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44122 on: July 23, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »

Uno, I have deep sympathy for you, child. I sincerely believe that if you start working you can get somewhere.

This might be related to America’s growing understanding that republicans are terrible for the economy.

“This is a good shorting spot.

In fact, we fell yet another 1,800 point to 21,600 just recently but it was an overshoot and we quickly took back the strong retrace and the weak retrace and now we're back at 27,000 but the real question is – where should we be? 

Let's consider that 18,000 was a realistic base.  The economy was going well under Obama, America was at full employment and a respected World leader and the deficit was getting under control – all good things that help a market stay strong.  The Dollar was strong too, it was at 102 in 2017 and Americans enjoyed great buying power and my kids loved going to the Dollar store to get knick knacks. 

Trump took office in January of 2017 and he cut taxes drastically for Corporations and people in the Top 1% and the Dollar dove all the way to 0.88 a year later, a 14% collapse that we've only recovered half of 2.5 years later.  Losing 7% of the buying power on every penny you've saved your entire life is a devastating shock to the average American, who was not able to offset the loss of buying power through their stock market gains. 

Still the weak Dollar is also good for our Corporate Citizens (thanks Citizens United!) as well as for the Top 1%, whose stock prices were jacked up by the weak dollar which, of course, makes our exports cheaper too.  This is how we make America Great, by devaluing our currency, running up the deficit and putting profits over people time and time again.  Surely that's worth a 20% boost in the Dow, isn't it?”

Nice rant, and very well on track for criticizing Trump.

Still, it is unrelated to being able to handle someone disagreeing with you, which is what the topic was.

And FTR, if you read my posts, you'd see that I am not your enemy. I may not be your best friend, but I am not your enemy.

Don't color me blue, don't color me red.

Color me purple.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44123 on: July 23, 2020, 02:33:02 PM »

But AOC swiftly indicated on Twitter that she did not accept the apology.

She wrote that Yoho didn't "apologize or name any action he did," didn't "accept responsibility," and lied about their interaction -- saying "this was not a 'conversation,' it was verbal assault

LETS GO!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-makes-emotional-speech-about-rep-yoho

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44124 on: July 23, 2020, 02:39:32 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44125 on: July 23, 2020, 02:49:23 PM »

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44126 on: July 23, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »

Interesting -

Hannah Brown: A rap song got the "Bachelorette" star in hot water. She had to apologize for using the N-word while attempting to rap the lyrics of DaBaby's "Rockstar" on her Instagram Live. The whole situation resurfaced debate as to whether it's ever appropriate for White people to use that word. Here's a clue: It's not

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/entertainment/entertainment-newsletter/index.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44127 on: July 23, 2020, 02:51:10 PM »

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44128 on: July 23, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »

You're really no different than who you profess to loathe.

The people calling out racism are just like the racists.

Your shtick is tired, UNO.  We've seen it here before, and know that every single poster here sees through it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44129 on: July 23, 2020, 02:59:38 PM »

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

Well, the problem is that I put your quote: "Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement" through a search and nothing came up.

So, post a link. Quotes always have a context. Responding to something without its context is like asking Andrea Bocelli to judge if it was a fastball or a curve that DeGromm just threw.

So, Linkee, or forgetee.
Pages: 1 ... 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 ... 4288