Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2942 2943 [2944] 2945 2946 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009170 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44145 on: July 23, 2020, 03:29:18 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

Well, the problem is that I put your quote: "Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement" through a search and nothing came up.

So, post a link. Quotes always have a context. Responding to something without its context is like asking Andrea Bocelli to judge if it was a fastball or a curve that DeGromm just threw.

So, Linkee, or forgetee.

Your call.  Seems a bit ridiculous.

How about I change it to unquoted - just a statement by ME, rather than Marie Harf?

Now what do you say?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44146 on: July 23, 2020, 03:29:51 PM »

Scum rises to the top.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/former-pennsylvania-democratic-congressman-charged-bribery-ballot-stuffing-n1234704

This is a case in which the crime merits loss of right to vote, among other punishments.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44147 on: July 23, 2020, 03:30:25 PM »

"Dude, you gotta give the whole Nazi thing a rest.  It's insulting to people who suffered under the real Nazis."

This would be compelling stuff if the author of the quote had not in the past frequently compared other posters, one in particular, to Nazis, usually using Joseph Goebbells as his comparison point.

Sadly, you are confused.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44148 on: July 23, 2020, 03:31:53 PM »

"No results found for 'Molotov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement'".

Pretty sure Google doesn't pick up every televised conversation.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44149 on: July 23, 2020, 03:32:50 PM »

Misogynistic much, UNO?

Many thanks for being the paragon of Forum virtue!

Says the Forum's Taylor Swift.

I don't think you understand how this phrasing is supposed to work.

Your being misogynistic again does not point to me also being a misogynist.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44150 on: July 23, 2020, 03:35:13 PM »

We get it kiidcarter8.  You are Trumpist who applauds the coming fascism and will pull on the brown shirt as soon as you are called.  No need for you to spend every day here proving it further.

You lose.

"as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

~Mike Godwin, 1994

""If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump"

~Mike Godwin, 2017

We lose, because the comparisons are apt.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44151 on: July 23, 2020, 03:37:44 PM »

So, post a link. Quotes always have a context. Responding to something without its context is like asking Andrea Bocelli to judge if it was a fastball or a curve that DeGromm just threw.

Do you want more of the conversation?  I can give you that.

If you will ignore it anyway I wont bother.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44152 on: July 23, 2020, 03:39:02 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

Well, the problem is that I put your quote: "Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement" through a search and nothing came up.

So, Linkee, or forgetee.

Your call.  Seems a bit ridiculous.

How about I change it to unquoted - just a statement by ME, rather than Marie Harf?

Now what do you say?

I'd say you need to clarify your statement. And let's Harf out of it, since you've not provided a real quote.

So, clarify it. Dealt with, how? And who is enforcing the law? And what was the context for the alleged Molotov cocktail tossing?

So go ahead, explainee.

Misogynistic much, UNO?

Many thanks for being the paragon of Forum virtue!

Says the Forum's Taylor Swift.

I don't think you understand how this phrasing is supposed to work.

Your being misogynistic again does not point to me also being a misogynist.

Oh, is there a Godwin's law for that one, too, Miss PC of Brooklyn, 2018?

Clearly, you can dish it out, but you can't take it.

I gave you lots of rope, but all you've done is to tie the noose around your own neck.

Ciao, sister.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44153 on: July 23, 2020, 03:39:57 PM »

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Cuccinelli's guys are not UNMARKED.

If they dont have their NAME on their gear, there is a good reason.

Were the others really just in camo?  No emblem?  This is what is being put out there (big story of the one guy loaded in the van) - and if it is true it may have been changed by now.

I welcome discourse on this, surely.

A stenciled patch saying "POLICE" on the front and a shoulder patch saying "SRT" do not qualify as marking that tells anybody who they work for. And if they do not have their names on their gear, that's a problem. And if they refuse to give their names when asked, that is a violation of law.

"Were the others really just in camo? No emblem?"

Again, Google would have fixed this for you, but here is a photo from Portland (rather than from Ukraine, like Trump's ad):

I would love to have discourse, Kid.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44154 on: July 23, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

So... answerring Marie myself...

Should they be immediatey arrested?

If so, what if they resist?

What if other protesters come to his aid?  Should they then be subject to arrest?

Would it be better to ID the person and arrest later, like happened when the guy was packed into the unmarked van?

Reallly - dont throw stones if you cant even say how you want the police to act.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44155 on: July 23, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

Too many of the agitators don't actually know what they want. 

Evidence of this?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44156 on: July 23, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »

Do you think the federal government should be involved with inserting itself into local politics by using forces like Trump has employed, especially when it appears that it is actively squelching Americans' first amendment rights?

I don't agree with this entire premise - but yes, I believe Federal action is wise in these cities of unrest.

The other option played out in the song The Night Chicago Died.

Not sure anyone wants that.

So, you think this is Eliot Ness? He was fighting organized crime. This is not organized crime.

This is Bull Connor. I find it hard to believe that you would support Bull Connor. Maybe I am wrong.

Depends on if he thought Bull Connor was on his side or the other side, I suspect.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44157 on: July 23, 2020, 03:42:45 PM »

Oh, is there a Godwin's law for that one, too, Miss PC of Brooklyn, 2018?

Not sure what you mean by that.  I called you a misogynist because you keep posting misogyny on the forum.

Just like I will call someone a racist when they post racism on the forum.

My doing so in both cases seems to bother you for some reason.  Can't imagine what that reason might be...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44158 on: July 23, 2020, 03:44:54 PM »

I dont think we will ever get a proper count on actual numbers for each day in each locale.

Certainly not for Florida, where the governor admitted to cooking the numbers previously.

Ditto Georgia, where the governor got caught.

But remember that while a given day's numbers may not be dead on, they are not disputing the accumulated total is low rather than high.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44159 on: July 23, 2020, 03:47:10 PM »

Would it be better to ID the person and arrest later, like happened when the guy was packed into the unmarked van?

I posted a recounting of the interview with the leadership of this squad where he admitted that the person who was packed into the unmarked van had done nothing wrong. 

So you would have no idea if that person's arrest was justified or not, except that you have already been shown evidence, from those doing the arresting that it wasn't.  But you ignore that so that you can again make an argument you know is wrong.

Then you claim you want a discourse?

No.  You don't. 
Pages: 1 ... 2942 2943 [2944] 2945 2946 ... 4288