Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008957 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44160 on: July 23, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »

You can feel what you feel, but you have no right to insult.

If you are living a life consumed by anger, I feel sorry for you and I hope you get the help you need.

UNO says "You have no right to insult, but I have the right to insult!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44161 on: July 23, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »

There is no right to insult.

You are confused, and are showing no real understanding of what it means to entertain a different point of view than your own, without taking personal offense. So you feel justified to go to the gutter.

It's extremely immature to be so quick to embrace your own ego in order to throw yet another adolescent snit, but especially when you do it in order to defend another's illegitimacy; it's exactly what TRUMP does.

You're really no different than who you profess to loathe.

And typical of many who reside on the extreme ends of the political spectra.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44162 on: July 23, 2020, 03:51:03 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

Is that a threat?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44163 on: July 23, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »

Oh, is there a Godwin's law for that one, too, Miss PC of Brooklyn, 2018?

I called you a misogynist because...

Just like I will call someone a racist when they post racism on the forum.

My doing so in both cases seems to bother you for some reason.  Can't imagine what that reason might be...

Yes, of course. Calling people names or labeling them in order to pretend they have legitimacy or to debase them personally is what you do. It's easier for you to just call them something rather than debate the real issue at hand.

Which is what the Trumps do.

Pocahontas! Sleepy Joe! Crazy Bernie!

Racist!

Mysogynist!

Brown shirt!

It's what you do.

So, I am calling you...

The Princess of Prospect Park! or maybe just PoPP, for short.

Because it's who you are. An entitled twit.

PoPP.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44164 on: July 23, 2020, 03:53:16 PM »

But AOC swiftly indicated on Twitter that she did not accept the apology.

She wrote that Yoho didn't "apologize or name any action he did," didn't "accept responsibility," and lied about their interaction -- saying "this was not a 'conversation,' it was verbal assault

LETS GO!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-makes-emotional-speech-about-rep-yoho

Can you (a) quit with the sophomoric "LET'S GO"? (b) Explain why you wanted China dropped from discourse? and (c) understand that it was not an apology?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44165 on: July 23, 2020, 03:53:22 PM »

Just like I will call someone a racist when they post racism on the forum.

Your view is skewed

Other than that you're an ok bloke.

In the future, remember -

A comment that is race-related doesn't naturally become racist no matter how much hate in your heart you have for the speaker.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44166 on: July 23, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »

Remember UNO, there is no right to insult.

Its kind of amazing that you couldn't keep up the facade for even three hours.  Though even that might be a record for you.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44167 on: July 23, 2020, 03:54:41 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

Is that a threat?

Was it addressed to you? No threat. He's explained what he meant. As did I.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44168 on: July 23, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »

"Malatov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement"

- Prominent Democrat voice on OUTNUMBERED

How?

Class?  Anyone?  Bueler?

LINK?

No linkee, no responsee?

Setting aside your racist phrasing, no link means no context.

Further, the number of direct questions you ignore is too large to count, so for you to complain about a lack of response is pretty funny.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44169 on: July 23, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »

Remember UNO, there is no right to insult.

Its kind of amazing that you couldn't keep up the facade for even three hours.  Though even that might be a record for you.

You've been exposed, PoPP. Don't make your life worse than it is.

I gave you many chances to be treated differently.

You've chose this, not me.

I am merely giving you back what you have foisted on others.

If you can't handle it, by all means, take your leave, PoPP.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44170 on: July 23, 2020, 04:00:07 PM »

But AOC swiftly indicated on Twitter that she did not accept the apology.

She wrote that Yoho didn't "apologize or name any action he did," didn't "accept responsibility," and lied about their interaction -- saying "this was not a 'conversation,' it was verbal assault

LETS GO!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-makes-emotional-speech-about-rep-yoho

Can you (a) quit with the sophomoric "LET'S GO"? (b) Explain why you wanted China dropped from discourse? and (c) understand that it was not an apology?

You have refused calls to stop other posters from specific behavior when asked nicely

I thus respectfully say NO -

Re:  AOC

I like her.  She locked herself in pretty good as long as she doesnt seek higher office.  And is much less annoying than so man others in her party.

I dont care if she sees this as an apology or not - this is all she will get.

AOC takes the bits and pieces she can from NOT getting exactly what she wants.  This is the beauty of her modus operandi.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44171 on: July 23, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »

So... answerring Marie myself...

Should they be immediatey arrested?

If so, what if they resist?

What if other protesters come to his aid?  Should they then be subject to arrest?

Would it be better to ID the person and arrest later, like happened when the guy was packed into the unmarked van?

Reallly - dont throw stones if you cant even say how you want the police to act.

The police do not have to act with force in kind, if they are trained properly. I know many police who are upset with what they see being done in the name of "law and order", and especially from those who break the law and are for anything but order---Trump, Fox News, Mitch McConnell, etc.

The feds have no place invading cities to usurp without invitation any local government's response to its citizenry.

It's unconsitutional, and it should be challenged.

By all means, come to Philly with that and see what happens.

in fact, the Philly police were able to use social media to identify and apprehend the woman who set fire to a car during the civil unrest there in June. No feds were necessary.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44172 on: July 23, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »

A comment that is race-related doesn't naturally become racist no matter how much hate in your heart you have for the speaker.

kiidcarter8, I know the difference between racist and race-related.

Defending white supremacists, posting material here from white supremacist message boards about how Obama benefited from affirmative action, posting crimes committed by Black people ("thugs") or Hispanic immigrants (You go, Angel Moms!) as though they justify policies that should be taken against them, posting misinformation to argue that Trayvon Martin had it coming (and doing it again for the next one, and again for the next one, and again for the next one)...that's racism kiidcarter8.

You have a history on these forums, and you may not realize I know how far back it goes.   I know what I see, and call it like I see it. 

So no, I won't pretend I don't know where your opposition of BLM and support of Trump comes from.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44173 on: July 23, 2020, 04:07:49 PM »

kiidcarter8, I know the difference between racist and race-related.

Defending white supremacists, posting material here from white supremacist message boards about how Obama benefited from affirmative action, posting crimes committed by Black people ("thugs") or Hispanic immigrants (You go, Angel Moms!) as though they justify policies that should be taken against them, posting misinformation to argue that Trayvon Martin had it coming (and doing it again for the next one, and again for the next one, and again for the next one)...that's racism kiidcarter8.

You have a history on these forums, and you may not realize I know how far back it goes.   I know what I see, and call it like I see it. 

So no, I won't pretend I don't know where your opposition of BLM and support of Trump comes from.

You have a history, too, Princess. And it's one fraught with a)changing the subject when you've been shown you were wrong b) misrepresenting others' views c) lying d) lobbing personal insults or going to the e)big bag of labels, for whatever the occasion, f) being a crybaby hypocrite.

You simply hate anyone who disagrees with you. Like the Red Queen.

You toss your own Molotov cocktails here, every day.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44174 on: July 23, 2020, 04:08:18 PM »

"No results found for 'Molotov cocktail throwing protesters should be dealt with by law enforcement'".

Pretty sure Google doesn't pick up every televised conversation.

Or every made up one, Kid.

But you could have simply said, "I don't know how it would be possible for law enforcement to deal with them, other than what is being done." Or any other statement of your own beliefs, rather than complaining that others are not answering your question.

DISCOURSE involves an exchange of thoughts, Kid.

I believe that by the time it has gotten to the point at which crowds are throwing firebombs of any sort at the police that law enforcement has already lost the battle.

How can the conflict be deescalated to bring that shit to a stop? I don't believe deadly force should be used, but understand the urge to do so. It just seems certain to do the opposite of deescalating things, which makes it more contra-indicated than not.

Fire hoses seem like the best response, which is not to claim they are good, either. The new sound-based weapons might help, but I am not sure.

Do you have anything to say on this?!
Pages: 1 ... 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 ... 4288