Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2944 2945 [2946] 2947 2948 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008856 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44175 on: July 23, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »

I gave you many chances to be treated differently.

You've chose this, not me.

So you went from "There is no right to insult" to "You had it coming!"

Justify it any way you want UNO.  I appreciate that you kept up the attempt at all.  I really do. 

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44176 on: July 23, 2020, 04:09:51 PM »

But AOC swiftly indicated on Twitter that she did not accept the apology.

She wrote that Yoho didn't "apologize or name any action he did," didn't "accept responsibility," and lied about their interaction -- saying "this was not a 'conversation,' it was verbal assault

LETS GO!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-makes-emotional-speech-about-rep-yoho

Can you (a) quit with the sophomoric "LET'S GO"? (b) Explain why you wanted China dropped from discourse? and (c) understand that it was not an apology?

You have refused calls to stop other posters from specific behavior when asked nicely

I thus respectfully say NO -

Re:  AOC

I like her.  She locked herself in pretty good as long as she doesnt seek higher office.  And is much less annoying than so man others in her party.

I dont care if she sees this as an apology or not - this is all she will get.

AOC takes the bits and pieces she can from NOT getting exactly what she wants.  This is the beauty of her modus operandi.

You have refused calls to stop other posters from specific behavior when asked nicely

But, but, but they were on his side of the argument! That's different, kid.

Can't you see how this works?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44177 on: July 23, 2020, 04:10:36 PM »

So... answerring Marie myself...

Should they be immediatey arrested?

If so, what if they resist?

What if other protesters come to his aid?  Should they then be subject to arrest?

Would it be better to ID the person and arrest later, like happened when the guy was packed into the unmarked van?

Reallly - dont throw stones if you cant even say how you want the police to act.

You didn't answer the question at all.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44178 on: July 23, 2020, 04:12:12 PM »

Yes, of course. Calling people names or labeling them in order to pretend they have legitimacy or to debase them personally is what you do. It's easier for you to just call them something rather than debate the real issue at hand.
Because it's who you are. An entitled twit.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44179 on: July 23, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »

But AOC swiftly indicated on Twitter that she did not accept the apology.

She wrote that Yoho didn't "apologize or name any action he did," didn't "accept responsibility," and lied about their interaction -- saying "this was not a 'conversation,' it was verbal assault

LETS GO!!!!

The actual speech is amazing, you should watch it repeatedly and share it with everyone you know.

https://youtu.be/LI4ueUtkRQ0

It a good 10 minutes.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44180 on: July 23, 2020, 04:15:01 PM »

I gave you many chances to be treated differently.

You've chose this, not me.

So you went from "There is no right to insult" to "You had it coming!"

Justify it any way you want UNO.  I appreciate that you kept up the attempt at all.  I really do.

I will clarify it, for you and all your friends, Princess.

You have no right to insult, without just cause. Once cause has been established, and one has been given the opportunity to change, but that one has chosen to remain ingrained in the business of misdirecting anger, it's game on.

And I don't really care what you appreciate, Princess. You created the problem. Now you have to deal with it.

And it will not be a pleasant circumstance for you, but you were approached respectfully and in earnest and you chose to slap away the hand that could have helped you, and you did so several times.

So, ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

And in your case, that's a lot of reaping.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44181 on: July 23, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »

Just like I will call someone a racist when they post racism on the forum.

Your view is skewed

Other than that you're an ok bloke.

In the future, remember -

A comment that is race-related doesn't naturally become racist no matter how much hate in your heart you have for the speaker.

Everybody here agrees with that, Kid. Not in dispute.

But:
a) Just because they are not all racist doesn't mean that the ones that have been called out as racist aren't;

b) When somebody regularly makes racist comments, then when they make one that could go either way, they are less likely to be given the benefit of the doubt;

c) Just because a racist claims their comments were not racist does not mean that the comments were not racist; and

d) Just because a person who makes racist comments claims that they are not a racist does not make it so.

Finally, a person who consistently defends racist policies and actively supports a racist individual is racist, even if they wish not to be thought of as such.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44182 on: July 23, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »

And I don't really care what you appreciate, Princess. You created the problem. Now you have to deal with it.

And it will not be a pleasant circumstance for you, but you were approached respectfully and in earnest and you chose to slap away the hand that could have helped you, and you did so several times.

LOL.  Shaking in my boots, UNO.

Though I do find your repeated misogyny quite unpleasant to read.  But then, given the value of your posts, they are easy enough to ignore.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44183 on: July 23, 2020, 04:19:48 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

Is that a threat?

Was it addressed to you? No threat. He's explained what he meant. As did I.

It doesn't matter to whom it was addressed.

And no, the youtube did not make it less of a threat.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44184 on: July 23, 2020, 04:20:32 PM »

Or every made up one, Kid.

heh

Outdoing yourself daily.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44185 on: July 23, 2020, 04:21:25 PM »

Yes, of course. Calling people names or labeling them in order to pretend they have legitimacy or to debase them personally is what you do. It's easier for you to just call them something rather than debate the real issue at hand.
Because it's who you are. An entitled twit.

Josh is very good at editing. This is what a good propagandist does.

He copies, he pastes, and all as an attempt to paint a new picture, one that reflects his views and his plans for all of us, one far removed from context and the reality of the original discussion.

This is why he is in higher education.  That is the business of duping others. And they give you a nice piece of paper to hang on the wall, if you are good at regurgitating what the "educator" has given you.

It is dishonesty presented as authority.

He is Putin us all on, of course. Just Putin us on.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44186 on: July 23, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »

I am merely giving you back what you have foisted on others.

If you can't handle it, by all means, take your leave, PoPP.

If there is "no right to insult," then "merely giving you back" blah, blah, blah is bullshit.

And the whole macho stance is even bigger bullshit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44187 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:30 PM »

"Dude, you gotta give the whole Nazi thing a rest.  It's insulting to people who suffered under the real Nazis."

This would be compelling stuff if the author of the quote had not in the past frequently compared other posters, one in particular, to Nazis, usually using Joseph Goebbells as his comparison point.

Speaking with some knowledge of the subject, the "Big Lie" attacks reminded me of current day Trumpian projection. I think most of us understood it for exactly that.

Ribbentrop for $200

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44188 on: July 23, 2020, 04:23:17 PM »

LOL.  Shaking in my boots, UNO.

Though I do find your repeated misogyny quite unpleasant to read.  But then, given the value of your posts, they are easy enough to ignore.

Oh, dearie, don't get your knickers in a twist.

And don't underestimate one, merely because you think you know who you are up against. That kind of hubris can be fatal.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44189 on: July 23, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »

I find it telling that nobody will take a stab at Ms Harf's (or even the made up) comment.

Paints the realistic and haunting picture of what is Escape From Elba on 7/23/20
Pages: 1 ... 2944 2945 [2946] 2947 2948 ... 4288