Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2945 2946 [2947] 2948 2949 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008846 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44190 on: July 23, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »

I am merely giving you back what you have foisted on others.

If you can't handle it, by all means, take your leave, PoPP.

If there is "no right to insult," then "merely giving you back" blah, blah, blah is bullshit.

And the whole macho stance is even bigger bullshit.

And right on cue, "Echo4" becomes "Josh", again.

See?

Completely untrustworthy.

But, authoritarian.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44191 on: July 23, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »

I find it telling that nobody will take a stab at Ms Harf's (or even the made up) comment.

Paints the realistic and haunting picture of what is Escape From Elba on 7/23/20

You should read more carefully, because the stabbing has been done.

And it was a sharp blade, too.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44192 on: July 23, 2020, 04:26:20 PM »

You have refused calls to stop other posters from specific behavior when asked nicely

You posted a complaint about a post.

I asked a question of you, in return, for clarification.

You have not responded to the question I asked you.

You may also note that I called out a poster other than you just tother day for objectionable conduct regarding you.

So, no I don't buy your "respectfully" as respectful, which will not perforce change your actions or opinions.

And my failure (according to you) to do what you asked does not make your choices to continue LET'S GOing and to refuse to tell me why you requested we stop discussing China even slightly rational.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44193 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:12 PM »

Oh, dearie, don't get your knickers in a twist.

And don't underestimate one, merely because you think you know who you are up against. That kind of hubris can be fatal.

That reads as a threat on my life, UNO.

Is that sort of thing allowed on this forum, Josh?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44194 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »

I’ll insult you when I feel like it.

Then you will earn the retribution you deserve, Lawrence of (ironically) Amity.

Is that a threat?

Was it addressed to you? No threat. He's explained what he meant. As did I.

It doesn't matter to whom it was addressed.

And no, the youtube did not make it less of a threat.

Don't worry, josh.

Little Larry of AngryTown, USA will adjust.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44195 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »

You toss your own Molotov cocktails here, every day.

Incendiary comments in a forum =/= firebombs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44196 on: July 23, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »

And you have no fucking idea whose guys they were.  Like all the rest, they were unmarked.  Certainly dressed like all the other Fed forces that were there.  And the Vet himself thought they were Feds which is why he went up to talk to them.

Cuccinelli's guys are not UNMARKED.

If they dont have their NAME on their gear, there is a good reason.

Were the others really just in camo?  No emblem?  This is what is being put out there (big story of the one guy loaded in the van) - and if it is true it may have been changed by now.

I welcome discourse on this, surely.

A stenciled patch saying "POLICE" on the front and a shoulder patch saying "SRT" do not qualify as marking that tells anybody who they work for. And if they do not have their names on their gear, that's a problem. And if they refuse to give their names when asked, that is a violation of law.

"Were the others really just in camo? No emblem?"

Again, Google would have fixed this for you, but here is a photo from Portland (rather than from Ukraine, like Trump's ad):

I would love to have discourse, Kid.

i know we like to compare Trump with Hitler etc, and the secret police trampling human rights in Portland as SS, but this reminds me of the Putin's army of unmarked military enforcers injected into Ukraine several years ago to disrupt the democratic growing process there.

SSD Dictator   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44197 on: July 23, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »

You have no right to insult, without just cause.

So, ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

Where you are the sole individual who gets to decide what is or is not "just cause."

And back to the threat.

And the ongoing misogyny.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44198 on: July 23, 2020, 04:31:41 PM »

i know we like to compare Trump with Hitler etc, and the secret police trampling human rights in Portland as SS, but this reminds me of the Putin's army of unmarked military enforcers injected into Ukraine several years ago to disrupt the democratic growing process there.

Yup.  Goes to bodiddley's point too.  Don't sleep on these forces being used to disrupt free and fair elections.

Couldn't happen here?  So much has already happened just this year that I never thought could happen here.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44199 on: July 23, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »

I see there was an attempt - accept my apology

How can the conflict be deescalated to bring that shit to a stop? I don't believe deadly force should be used, but understand the urge to do so.

Officers need to be able to arrest someone without fear it might escalate into a brawl.  "Deadly force" is a misused term here.  Necessary force.

It just seems certain to do the opposite of deescalating things, which makes it more contra-indicated than not.

A complete sweep (it might be worrisome for the bystanders, I understand - which is why they say CLEAR out - see DC) of the uglies just needs to happen one time.  But the police are being handcuffed.  This is why there was such outrage at the Navy vet video - because police are now supposed to just stand there and get spit on, insulted and hit with stuff.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:36:10 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #44200 on: July 23, 2020, 04:34:37 PM »

Oh, dearie, don't get your knickers in a twist.

And don't underestimate one, merely because you think you know who you are up against. That kind of hubris can be fatal.

That reads as a threat on my life, UNO.

Is that sort of thing allowed on this forum, Josh?

No, it doesn't read that way at all.

You would like it to be so, as you could then be free to be the asshole you are without verbal retribution of any kind.

But, no. No threat on your life, Princess.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44201 on: July 23, 2020, 04:36:47 PM »

Everything is allowed here.  Just ask Factard.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44202 on: July 23, 2020, 04:36:54 PM »

I'm just going to point this out one more time, because it is remarkable.

At 11:46 today UNO comes onto the Forum to admonish a poster for being uncivil.

At 4:23 today UNO is literally threatening the life of a poster.

And with zero irony or self-awareness!  I mean, wow.  Truly a remarkable turnabout. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44203 on: July 23, 2020, 04:36:59 PM »

Yes, of course. Calling people names or labeling them in order to pretend they have legitimacy or to debase them personally is what you do. It's easier for you to just call them something rather than debate the real issue at hand.
Because it's who you are. An entitled twit.

Josh is very good at editing. This is what a good propagandist does.

He copies, he pastes, and all as an attempt to paint a new picture, one that reflects his views and his plans for all of us, one far removed from context and the reality of the original discussion.

This is why he is in higher education.  That is the business of duping others. And they give you a nice piece of paper to hang on the wall, if you are good at regurgitating what the "educator" has given you.

It is dishonesty presented as authority.

He is Putin us all on, of course. Just Putin us on.

Uh huh.

This is you pretending you were not insulting.

This is YOU doing the redirecting.

But, as you say, Piggy, if you cannot stand the heat, you can go elsewhere.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44204 on: July 23, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »

I am merely giving you back what you have foisted on others.

If you can't handle it, by all means, take your leave, PoPP.

If there is "no right to insult," then "merely giving you back" blah, blah, blah is bullshit.

And the whole macho stance is even bigger bullshit.

And right on cue, "Echo4" becomes "Josh", again.

See?

Completely untrustworthy.

But, authoritarian.

I cannot eliminate things as Echo4.

I had a pair of reported posts to respond to.

I know, you don't get that. I don't really care.
Pages: 1 ... 2945 2946 [2947] 2948 2949 ... 4288