Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009216 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44220 on: July 23, 2020, 05:03:21 PM »

Oh, dearie, don't get your knickers in a twist.

And don't underestimate one, merely because you think you know who you are up against. That kind of hubris can be fatal.

That reads as a threat on my life, UNO.

Is that sort of thing allowed on this forum, Josh?

It read that way to me, also.

No.

Bad choice of words, perhaps, but no intent to threaten anyone's life. Their stupid remarks, yes. Then, no.

And you know that.

So, quit playing games.

You aren't getting it.

You cannot both claim to know where people live and then make those kinds of comments and I cannot ignore them.

My opinion of whether you are serious or not stops mattering when you say that kind of thing.

I appreciate your saying "no intent to threaten anyone's life."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44221 on: July 23, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »

And don't underestimate one, merely because you think you know who you are up against. That kind of hubris can be fatal.

Are you satisfied with that statement from "UNO" about intentions?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44222 on: July 23, 2020, 05:05:24 PM »

So many so called racists do great things for people of color - yes - inclusive of working closely with and befriending them.

I guess actions don't count as much as words and what you THINK they mean.

"But some of my best friends are Black" is a bad defense kiidcarter8 not only because obviously there is no way of anyone verifying if this is true, but also because it is irrelevant.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44223 on: July 23, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »

Are you satisfied with that statement from "UNO" about intentions?

I think his statement on his intentions is an obvious lie.  The intent in the first post was clear.

Do I take a threat on my life from a forum poster seriously?  No.  The guy is a buffoon.  The insult more than justified in this case.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44224 on: July 23, 2020, 05:07:37 PM »

In the future, remember -

A comment that is race-related doesn't naturally become racist no matter how much hate in your heart you have for the speaker.

kiidcarter8, I know the difference between racist and race-related.

Defending white supremacists, posting material here from white supremacist message boards about how Obama benefited from affirmative action, posting crimes committed by Black people ("thugs") or Hispanic immigrants (You go, Angel Moms!) as though they justify policies that should be taken against them, posting misinformation to argue that Trayvon Martin had it coming (and doing it again for the next one, and again for the next one, and again for the next one)...that's racism kiidcarter8.

You have a history on these forums, and you may not realize I know how far back it goes.   I know what I see, and call it like I see it. 

So no, I won't pretend I don't know where your opposition of BLM and support of Trump comes from.

So many so called racists do great things for people of color - yes - inclusive of working closely with and befriending them.

I guess actions don't count as much as words and what you THINK they mean.

(a) I had not realized you were such a great humanitarian.

(b) People can do great things for PoC and still be racists. I don't know why you would think it otherwise. They can do great things for the Jewish people and still be antisemitic.

(c) Many different actions. And words have impact and cause actions in others.

(d) Words are less ambiguous than you would like to claim them to be, much of the time.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44225 on: July 23, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »

The public the police serve are angry, and their anger is justified.  You agree?  Disagree? 

The trouble makers are unable to cope

They praise medical workers' bravery, selflessness, stamina and resolve but cant even keep their anarchists dicks in their pants.

City officials have decided to NOT handle the troublesome group.

I guess we will just watch it play out.  But no - I wont break a sweat defending an officer that steps out of line while the great majority of his brethren stand firm and abide amongst the excrement.  It is human nature that this should happen, given the numbers.

Incredibly sad state of affairs as we should all be battling the virus and thinking of the kids.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44226 on: July 23, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

If you cannot tell the difference between the two levels of bullshit, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't give a damn about the fuck offs and asswipes, anymore. I was reluctantly convinced a long time ago that that was the standard of discourse here.

I only lampooned your language because you were busy with your self-righteous platitudes about insults not being a right while simultaneously using them.

Then you explained, in full self-righteous wrath of god that because YOU have determined that something gave you just cause, NOW you would give people what they deserved, complete with your patented "could be fatal," which passes for a threat on almost any message board in the land.

So, cut the shit.

Go back to the run of the mill insults. Stop identifying where (you think) people live and stop threatening their lives.

Again.

Thanks for clarifying your confusion.

I don't, how you say, 'give a fuck" where anyone lives, and I have threatened no one's life.

I have promised to treat others as they have treated me.

That you see those as threats is telling.

And when it comes to self-righteousness, I may someday catch up to you.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44227 on: July 23, 2020, 05:15:28 PM »

By the way

EVERYONE THAT DOESNT SUPPORT KNEELING DURING THE ANTHEM AND DOESNT LIKE THE STREETS PAINTED SHOULD NOT BE LABELED ANTI-BLACK LIVES MATTER.

There can be support without the support of extremity.  Not unlike how YOU DONT SUPPORT THE HOOLIGANS OF PORTLAND, though you support the protests.

Unless...

No - do you support the guy who may have permanently blinded three officers?  I hope the benefit I have given you is correct.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44228 on: July 23, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »

Fac, Kid would like me to tell you to not call other posters drug users.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44229 on: July 23, 2020, 05:17:21 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

I wont post it again.  My bad.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44230 on: July 23, 2020, 05:19:32 PM »

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

If you cannot tell the difference between the two levels of bullshit, that's quite unfortunate.

I don't give a damn about the fuck offs and asswipes, anymore. I was reluctantly convinced a long time ago that that was the standard of discourse here.

I only lampooned your language because you were busy with your self-righteous platitudes about insults not being a right while simultaneously using them.

Then you explained, in full self-righteous wrath of god that because YOU have determined that something gave you just cause, NOW you would give people what they deserved, complete with your patented "could be fatal," which passes for a threat on almost any message board in the land.

So, cut the shit.

Go back to the run of the mill insults. Stop identifying where (you think) people live and stop threatening their lives.

Again.

Thanks for clarifying your confusion.

I don't, how you say, 'give a fuck" where anyone lives, and I have threatened no one's life.

I have promised to treat others as they have treated me.

That you see those as threats is telling.

And when it comes to self-righteousness, I may someday catch up to you.

Again, "may be fatal" is not a phrase that can be taken as an insult or advisory for health in the context in which you used it, as previously GRANTED by you.

It was a threat. You have said it was a stupid thing to have said.

Either accept that and acknowledge I have a point or go away. Pick one.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44231 on: July 23, 2020, 05:20:58 PM »

I guess we will just watch it play out.  But no - I wont break a sweat defending an officer that steps out of line while the great majority of his brethren stand firm and abide amongst the excrement.  It is human nature that this should happen, given the numbers.

Its so interesting that you still can't see the problem here even after it has been pointed out to you.  You dismiss a group of protesters as "Anarchists" (worse, as "excrement") when you can't even point to one incident on video you think goes too far.

Meanwhile, you dismiss the violence done against protesters as the result of a "few bad apples" when unlike the varied groups of protesters the Federal Police forces involved have the ability to literally police their own people but they don't. 

And no, again, making unconstitutional arrests in unmarked vans is not a few bad apples.  Six guys beating medics and preventing them from helping a hurt protester is not a few bad apples.  Not wearing any form of individual identification so that there can be no ramifications for abuse is not a few bad apples.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44232 on: July 23, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »

By the way

EVERYONE THAT DOESNT SUPPORT KNEELING DURING THE ANTHEM AND DOESNT LIKE THE STREETS PAINTED SHOULD NOT BE LABELED ANTI-BLACK LIVES MATTER.

There can be support without the support of extremity. 

I agree with the last comment but don't see it connected to the other two.

Kneeling during the anthem is not extreme. Not even close to extreme.

Neither is the street painting extreme.

Blinding people is beyond extreme.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44233 on: July 23, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »

(b) People can do great things for PoC and still be racists.

Well, the world needs more of these type racists.

heh

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44234 on: July 23, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »

ECHO

I called Needs Amity.  UNO just picked it up.  Needs has made it no secret that is where he is from

I wont post it again.  My bad.

For what its worth, I am not from Amity (Amityville?) and have never inferred in any way that I was.

I'm actually unaware that it was an insult, so didn't take offense.  Just filed it under "kiidcarter8 doesn't know what he is talking about" which as you can imagine is a very very thick folder.
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 4288