Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2952 2953 [2954] 2955 2956 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2009146 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44295 on: July 23, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »

Parent’s always have the option to withdraw their kids from school and homeschool them.  That isn’t the question. The question is what the government is doing on a Federal level because of the pandemic to allow kids in those circumstances to still get the education they have a right to.

Sure - what do you suggest?

I feel the same way about college.  10% off my bill doesnt cut it

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44296 on: July 23, 2020, 07:02:05 PM »

You have no right to insult, without just cause.

So, ye shall reap what ye shall sow.

Where you are the sole individual who gets to decide what is or is not "just cause."

And back to the threat.

And the ongoing misogyny.

Would you like to form a rules  committee to decide what I think is grounds for engaging an angry adolescent on this forum?

I'll be happy to sit on that committee, as one who has received countless threats, insults, and very strange comments since arriving here shortly ago.

I know, it's different than the mainstream idiocy you feature here, but my own idiocy has its special charm, and my perspective has great value since it does not conform to yours or to those who you like to label as racists, misogynists, transphobic, or whatever the "woke term of the du jour" may be.

Seriously, you put up with this bullshit of "fuck off" and "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "asshole" and "I'll slap you and you'll like it" from everyone else, but I justifiably call out the little Princess of Prospect Park and suddenly it's OMG, there's a stranger in our midst!

I didn;t see you jumping into the fray when the Little Princess and bankshot were exchanging far worse insults, just last week.

Can't you see you are the problem, and not the solution, josh?

Everything is just so unfair.

You sound like Trump. Come in with false swag and whine when your bullshit gets taken to the upper deck.

Change your name and try again.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44297 on: July 23, 2020, 07:05:11 PM »

Nor could it

Right because Congress is not considering at this very moment aid to schools for their reopening, and in no way can earmark parts of that aid for specific purposes.

Oh wait, they are and they can.

Oh.  So it wasn’t a joke, it is the way things are.  POTUS has no power over what school districts decide, a portion of Federalism that you ignore when it pleases you. 

Had Republicans in Congress agreed to make school aid contingent on reopening, as POTUS wanted them to do, they would have the ability to pressure school districts into taking their preferred path.  This is why I mentioned that up top in my post.

Duh!

The lockdowns were overkill and caused the most harm to the poorest of Americans.
Closing schools will only magnify that harm.

The lockdowns were overkill is of course the only rational conclusion someone who isn't spouting partisan gibberish could draw from say New York vs. Florida right now.  Of course!

Duh!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #44298 on: July 23, 2020, 07:06:43 PM »

Starting to think pro Trump positions are a case of "there's less there than meets the eye. " 

For the record,  not that there is one,  I'm pretty far to the Left.   IOW,  I reside where there's a lot of creative ferment on how to have "economics as if people mattered. "  My stance is unabashedly extreme:  I think life predicated on the notion of "I want to buy lots of cool shit" is a shallow one.   If you are wedded to someone whose life is dedicated to material wealth,  and/or being "better" than others,  dump them and go find a real person.  JMO.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44299 on: July 23, 2020, 07:08:32 PM »

Parent’s always have the option to withdraw their kids from school and homeschool them.  That isn’t the question. The question is what the government is doing on a Federal level because of the pandemic to allow kids in those circumstances to still get the education they have a right to.

Sure - what do you suggest?

Money to set up lunch programs out of school.  Ipads provided for kids that don't have the hardware at home.  Ensuring children in effected areas have internet access.

Does it take that much imagination to think of ways the Federal Government could help school districts that decide to postpone in-school learning?  Of course not.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #44300 on: July 23, 2020, 07:08:50 PM »

- because police are now supposed to just stand there and get spit on, insulted and hit with stuff.

Which is also why police suicides are way up

"I was a good cop.  I served my community.  I was always prepared, willing to listen, but on guard for situations as I needed to be.  This made me a good living for my young family for twelve years.  I was a proud civil servant with beautiful kids.

"Today, as I take my own life, I apologize to everyone and pray for those who still serve.  I no longer feel like even half a man - and thus cannot go on.  What I have suffered the last three months has been inhumane, deserved of no man.  The animals have won.  I hope my family is proud of what I accomplished serving my city.  Heaven is a better place"

(and yes, this is fiction)

“We used to be able to tune up these skews and no one would say shit because they knew the only thing between them was us. You know what it would be like if they restricted our ability to mete out Street Justice? Like opening the cages at the zoo. Fucking animals, how do they live like this?

I’m so sick of these dindus always bellyaching and bitching. You know the truth? I don’t give a shit whether they did that or not. Fuck’em they’re guilty of something.”

All dialogue heard in person by the humble narrator.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44301 on: July 23, 2020, 07:14:31 PM »

Nor could it

Right because Congress is not considering at this very moment aid to schools for their reopening, and in no way can earmark parts of that aid for specific purposes.

Oh wait, they are and they can.
I’m guessing you were trying to make some point. Try again.

Oh.  So it wasn’t a joke, it is the way things are.  POTUS has no power over what school districts decide, a portion of Federalism that you ignore when it pleases you. 

Had Republicans in Congress agreed to make school aid contingent on reopening, as POTUS wanted them to do, they would have the ability to pressure school districts into taking their preferred path.  This is why I mentioned that up top in my post.

Duh!

For no apparent reason

The lockdowns were overkill and caused the most harm to the poorest of Americans.
Closing schools will only magnify that harm.

The lockdowns were overkill is of course the only rational conclusion someone who isn't spouting partisan gibberish could draw from say New York vs. Florida right now.  Of course!

Duh!
Irrelevant and immaterial to my post. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44302 on: July 23, 2020, 07:16:11 PM »

Cops kill a guy with no compunction on video and when people gather to complain they are immediately met with violence from those sworn to Protect and Serve.

You kill my dog - I kill 18 members of your family
Thats the Portland mentality

West Wing Season One -

Bartlett's first big decision

Proportional response - this is what the nation does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJRVVgz5aU&feature=youtu.be

Let loose on the streets, folks in Portland want extreme (unproportional) mayhem.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44303 on: July 23, 2020, 07:17:53 PM »

Money to set up lunch programs out of school.  Ipads provided for kids that don't have the hardware at home.  Ensuring children in effected areas have internet access.

None of this is being done - planned?

I think you are greatly mistaken in  your quest to paint the administration as buffoons.

But rock on.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #44304 on: July 23, 2020, 07:21:10 PM »

In America...a relative from Beijing staying with a family, killed and ate Humphrey the nice German Shepherd who lived next door with an American couple.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:27:55 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #44305 on: July 23, 2020, 07:32:03 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/intensive-care-nurses-blunt-warning-over-coronavirus-risk-to-younger-adults/ar-BB1774yw?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Intensive care nurse's blunt warning over coronavirus risk to younger adults

A senior Melbourne intensive care nurse says hospitals are preparing for the prospect of deaths among younger Victorians as authorities battle to rein in the state's coronavirus cases.

The head intensive care unit nurse at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Michelle Spence, said there was a growing number of younger adults being hospitalised by the virus.

"What we are seeing now is young people who are going to die. There is no doubt about it," she said.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44306 on: July 23, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »

None of this is being done - planned?

Why would you assume it is?

I think you are greatly mistaken in  your quest to paint the administration as buffoons

Because their COVID response has led us to think otherwise?

I know, B+.   I'd "LOL" at your cluelessness, but another 1,000 dead today, and that isn't funny.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44307 on: July 23, 2020, 07:47:34 PM »

Let loose on the streets, folks in Portland want extreme (unproportional) mayhem.

What "mayhem" is not proportional to the cops killing a man, kiidcarter8?

Again, point to actions by Portland protesters you think is so out of line.

DHS was given a chance, and all they could come up with was graffiti and broken fences.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44308 on: July 23, 2020, 07:52:48 PM »

What "mayhem" is not proportional to the cops killing a man, kiidcarter8?

And what "mayhem" is proportional to Federal cops roaming the streets in unmarked rental vans and pulling people into them without just cause?

The Right can talk for 8 years about resisting government tyranny when there was none under Obama, but Trump sends in a secret police force to beat up protesters and make unconstitutional arrests and its "You lefties are overreacting."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44309 on: July 23, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »

News Item

Former U.S. Rep. Michael Myers (d) was charged this week with conspiring to violate voting rights by fraudulently stuffing Pennsylvania  ballot boxes for specific candidates in several primary elections, bribery and obstruction, the Justice Department said Thursday.
The Justice Department said Thursday Myers has been charged this week with conspiring and bribing the former Judge of Elections for the 39th Ward, 36th Division, Domenick J. Demuro. Demuro had pleaded guilty previously in federal court and was responsible for overseeing the entire election process and all voter activities of his division in accord with federal and state election laws.
Myers, 77, is accused of stuffing ballot boxes for candidates during the 2014, 2015 and 2016 primary elections, bribing Demuro, falsifying records, voting more that once in federal elections, and obstruction of justice.
Pages: 1 ... 2952 2953 [2954] 2955 2956 ... 4288