Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 [2986] 2987 2988 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008713 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44775 on: July 26, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »

And if kids start getting sick in September and then parents get infected etc. and covid spikes around the country and schools and the economy have to shut down again, it will be a disaster on so many fronts (for the committee to reelect)

Yeah - Dems figuring what they can do to make this so (by PR)- and get Biden elected.

Sad.  COVID numbers up is their positive - and has them smiling

No, you keep conflating your motives with ours.

We wish Trump's approach had worked, jerk. We wish his claims about a vaccine or about fading by Easter had been fine. We would prefer that Florida (or NC) were safe enough for the damned RNC to hold their parties.

Sad is your continuing this insulting, disgusting line of "reasoning" because it is how you work.

Eat shit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44776 on: July 26, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »

If Massachusetts starts seeing major spikes, rather than the low rise we have seen thus far, this is an example of why:

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/photo-crowded-boston-harbor-cruise-draws-questions/2165974/

Ward can keep claiming that Americans are not stupid, but the evidence is incredibly strong against his position.

But Michael Glasfield, a manager with Bay State Cruise Company, said in an email the cruise sailed at just 33 percent capacity, falling within the company’s COVID-19 operating limits of 44 percent capacity.

That level of capacity on the deck areas would provide 28 square feet per passenger, Glasfield said, meaning each person could be spread six feet apart if social distancing practices are adhered to and all passenger spaces on the ship are utilized.

Most passengers in the picture appeared to be congregated on the open-air top deck.

The partially-enclosed middle deck can exchange its volume of air in less than a minute when the ship moves at nine knots, according to Glasfeld, while the bottom deck is the most fully enclosed.

Iliana Valles, a passenger on a different Bay State boat Sunday afternoon, said the photo taken Saturday didn't reflect her experience.

“Everybody was wearing masks, the only people who weren’t were taking a snack or drink,” Valles said. “There was hand sanitizer everywhere, I felt safe.”

She added that the cruise line left seats open in between passengers and face coverings were required.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #44777 on: July 26, 2020, 07:11:54 PM »

Sad.  COVID numbers up is their positive - and has them smiling

Trump had his chance to stop the numbers from going up.  Sad is what Trump's response was to Covid.  No one is smiling at the grim death toll.  Sad is what he is choosing to fight.. "the culture war".   Not the war against the invisible enemy.  He can call it the China flu but does nothing to China about it.  He has failed America.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44778 on: July 26, 2020, 07:12:56 PM »

If Massachusetts starts seeing major spikes, rather than the low rise we have seen thus far, this is an example of why:

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/photo-crowded-boston-harbor-cruise-draws-questions/2165974/

Ward can keep claiming that Americans are not stupid, but the evidence is incredibly strong against his position.

But Michael Glasfield, a manager with Bay State Cruise Company, said in an email the cruise sailed at just 33 percent capacity, falling within the company’s COVID-19 operating limits of 44 percent capacity.

That level of capacity on the deck areas would provide 28 square feet per passenger, Glasfield said, meaning each person could be spread six feet apart if social distancing practices are adhered to and all passenger spaces on the ship are utilized.

Most passengers in the picture appeared to be congregated on the open-air top deck.

The partially-enclosed middle deck can exchange its volume of air in less than a minute when the ship moves at nine knots, according to Glasfeld, while the bottom deck is the most fully enclosed.

Iliana Valles, a passenger on a different Bay State boat Sunday afternoon, said the photo taken Saturday didn't reflect her experience.

“Everybody was wearing masks, the only people who weren’t were taking a snack or drink,” Valles said. “There was hand sanitizer everywhere, I felt safe.”

She added that the cruise line left seats open in between passengers and face coverings were required.

Uh huh.

Blow up the picture. jerk. How many people on the top deck were wearing masks? I looked. Did you bother?

I read all that - note that she was on a different boat. I have no idea what hers was like and neither do you. We have photographic evidence of the unmasked, undistanced crowd.

You? You just have nay-saying, contrarian bullshit that doesn't say a fucking thing about that picture.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44779 on: July 26, 2020, 07:13:03 PM »

And these guys ought to be wearing masks:

heh

freak

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44780 on: July 26, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »

Uh huh.

Blow up the picture. jerk. How many people on the top deck were wearing masks? I looked. Did you bother?

I read all that - note that she was on a different boat. I have no idea what hers was like and neither do you. We have photographic evidence of the unmasked, undistanced crowd.

You? You just have nay-saying, contrarian bullshit that doesn't say a fucking thing about that picture.

Shut up, fucktard

(This is allowed, right?)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44781 on: July 26, 2020, 07:18:59 PM »

I've got October 24th as the date in the pool as to when Kid has the Covid-19 death total down to zero.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44782 on: July 26, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »

Uh huh.

Shut up, fucktard

(This is allowed, right?)

Sure. You can call me fucktard, jerk. You can tell me to shut up.

I don't give a fuck.

Your name calling doesn't change who or what you are and it doesn't make your posts have any greater amount of content or accuracy.

You and Ward are two peas in a pod. You both despise facts; you both want to win elections at all costs and assume everybody else must, too, since you do; and when evidence doesn't say what you want it to say, you lie, deny, and/or obfuscate.

You pretend to want discourse, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44783 on: July 26, 2020, 07:24:23 PM »

p.s. Kid, I loved your careful response to what I said about (a) the picture and the lack of masks on the top, crowded deck and (b) our lack of knowledge of the other woman's experience who wasn't on that boat.

Try consider facts in evidence. It would be a novel approach for you, but really. Give it a shot.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44784 on: July 26, 2020, 07:27:25 PM »

You know how I feel about masks

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #44785 on: July 26, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »

Classy move:

JULIE ERTZ today stood for the national anthem prior to the NWSL Challenge Cup Final

Ertz had knelt for the anthem prior to the 6 other games

(Teammate Rachel Hill had been the lone Red Star player to stand - previously.)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #44786 on: July 26, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »

....to Boz's Sequoia-sequestered but not sesquipedalian report, a sequential reply:   

Seems like a good choice, in July.   

Re:  Ward - we've had the food deserts chat before.   Nothing stuck.   

Good governance is what you do when families are eating junk and it's setting them up for lifelong ill health... instead of twiddling your thumbs and waiting for everyone to become educated,  informed,  and in reach of a supermarket with healthy selections.  Funny no one questions regulations that protect your skull from shattering in a car,  but try to keep a pancreas from shattering and suddenly it's tyranny.   

Diabetes rates aren't high due to heredity but primarily due to stuff like "nutrition bars" that are mostly sugars and simple carbs.   Nobody's genes are designed for what's in a quick mart in a food desert.   For 99% of our evolutionary history, we didn't even eat grains,  let alone highly processed ones with most of the fiber removed.    We're built to eat roots,  shoots,  fruits,  nuts,  eggs,  fish,  game....hunter/gatherer stuff.
Quik Marts are not places Americans shop for food. They are looking for beer, milk, soft drinks, toilet paper, and a rest room. They used to be run by Mom and Pop in small towns near the state highway. Now they partner with gas stations and are located close to interstate highways.
70 per cent of grocery store food items are processed( and regulated by local, state, and federal governments) Primarily those regulations are in place to guarantee the food is safe from disease and extend shelf life.
 Processed food is not synonymous with “ junk food” and can easily be segregated from such by reading labels. As most Americans are able to do.
Regardless of your “hunter/gather” misdirection Americans are healthier and live longer lives than their “ hunter/gatherer” ancestors.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44787 on: July 26, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

This will show the numbers with and without the various levels of provisional COVID-19 deaths.

It's just not that difficult to find or use. And the numbers won't make you feel much better.

One of the things about using this is that since the Donald ordered people to stop sending info to the NCHS, getting accurate info is a lot tougher. It always had a delay.

"No matter how these deaths are currently being attributed, after this pandemic terminates, an excellent approximation of the true fatality rate of COVID-19 deaths can be made by the calculation of the excess mortality for the period. This calculation was very helpful during the 1995 Chicago heat wave. Almost certainly, because of the scarcity of testing and other reasons, we will find that the number of COVID-19 deaths has been grossly underestimated."

One of many epidemiologists

But why listen to the experts, when we have Kid here to correct us.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44788 on: July 26, 2020, 07:37:39 PM »

You know how I feel about masks

Not really.

I know what you've said, like your wearing them when legally required to.

I know what the science has said about them and I know you continue to call that into doubt, in sly undercutting ways rather than directly.

I would take being a fucktard in your eyes over being a mealy-mouthed self-serving jerk, any time.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44789 on: July 26, 2020, 07:42:05 PM »

Masks, MAGA and the plague

Compare and contrast Donald Trump and Prince Prospero.

I bet Trump never read Poe

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:45:26 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 [2986] 2987 2988 ... 4288