Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008633 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #44895 on: July 27, 2020, 02:57:02 PM »

https://www.wtvy.com/2020/07/25/adoc-responds-to-federal-review-alleging-excessive-force-against-inmates/

The Alabama Department of Corrections responded Friday after the U.S. Department of Justice announced it believes the conditions inside the state’s prisons are unconstitutional.

“We are disappointed in the surprise manner in which the DOJ orchestrated the release of this letter, which hinders the progress made by our Department to address the long-standing challenges facing our correctional system,” ADOC said in a statement.

Thursday, DOJ released a report and letter showing the findings of its investigation into ADOC. DOJ said it found cause to believe prisoners are frequently subjected to excessive force at the hands of prison staff.

tl;dr: "We don't dispute your claims, but we wish you have kept it secret.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44897 on: July 27, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »

On the issue of prison, there is the movie "Blood In, Blood Out." It shows a pretty real depiction I believe. 

And they are all Gay. Imagine a straight guy getting locked up with a bunch of Playboy Playmates, that is how it is for the Gay prison guys. They love prison.

They divide them all up by race, etc, and if one White guy does something wrong then they lock down all of the White guys, etc. And the races all fight against each other.

2 of my uncles spent their whole lives in prison, they thought that gangs, drugs, and crime, were cool. What a waste of life.

Salute,

Tony V.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #44898 on: July 27, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »

AOC would be a surprise, all right!
She's still 4 years too young to serve.

I thought of checking on that.
But it didn't matter.
She's nearly at that level, which is amazing.

Could see AOC becoming the first female president.
Actually there are 25 female senators right now, and while 25% isn't really that great, it's a world away form where things used to be not too long ago.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #44899 on: July 27, 2020, 04:13:25 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/us/mike-ditka-kneel-anthem-trnd/index.html

Mike Ditka should consider a new life other than public commentary.

While he has a perfect right to say what he thinks

He has a right to be wrong.  That doesn't mean he should be given a platform to be wrong.   Time to cancel mike.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #44900 on: July 27, 2020, 04:16:42 PM »

On the issue of prison they are all Gay. Imagine a straight guy getting locked up with a bunch of Playboy Playmates, that is how it is for the Gay prison guys. They love prison.

Salute,

Tony V.

No.  Not all those who are locked-up are gay.  And for you to say that homosexuals love prison is really stupid.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44902 on: July 27, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »

On the issue of prison they are all Gay. Imagine a straight guy getting locked up with a bunch of Playboy Playmates, that is how it is for the Gay prison guys. They love prison.

No.  Not all those who are locked-up are gay.  And for you to say that homosexuals love prison is really stupid.

It's one of the most bigoted things I think I have read from Tony, ever, and he's shared some doozies.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44903 on: July 27, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »

Tom Cotton is evil and unnecessary.

The only question is once he’s pulled from his pedestal should he be chucked in a river or dragged behind a truck?
Why would that happen? He represents Arkansas. Calling slavery necessary? To quote the actual not internet meme Mark Twain, if that line don’t fetch them, I don’t know Arkansaw!
A parrot bit me.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44904 on: July 27, 2020, 04:32:30 PM »

The simplest example of how RealClearPolitics is gaming their polling data is on the right of the front page.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

There is a box labeled "RealClearPolitics Election 2020."

Underneath it are bunches of categories and, to the far right, if a category has gone up or down, it gets a small blue arrow of that direction. Currently, there are up and down arrows in the Battleground States area, two up, one down.

Earlier today, before the new Minnesota number came in (from notoriously biased Trafalgar), there were no arrows showing at all. Now Minnesota is down and two others are up.

But more pointedly is the national Biden vs. Trump number, at the top of their list. It now reads 9.6 for Biden. In the last few days it has been under 9, with a down arrow for much of the time. With this new number, it should have a blue up arrow and it just doesn't.

This is not the only way in which they are playing with their numbers to make things look (slightly) better for the GOP than honest treatment would, just the quickest and easiest to observe.

I am disappointed.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44905 on: July 27, 2020, 04:36:50 PM »

AOC would be a surprise, all right!
She's still 4 years too young to serve.

I thought of checking on that.
But it didn't matter.
She's nearly at that level, which is amazing.

Could see AOC becoming the first female president.
Actually there are 25 female senators right now, and while 25% isn't really that great, it's a world away form where things used to be not too long ago.
I think the smart money for first female president would be "whoever Biden picks for veep" which will not be AOC.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44906 on: July 27, 2020, 04:41:07 PM »

On the issue of prison, there is the movie "Blood In, Blood Out." It shows a pretty real depiction I believe.

And they are all Gay. Imagine a straight guy getting locked up with a bunch of Playboy Playmates, that is how it is for the Gay prison guys. They love prison.

They divide them all up by race, etc, and if one White guy does something wrong then they lock down all of the White guys, etc. And the races all fight against each other.

2 of my uncles spent their whole lives in prison, they thought that gangs, drugs, and crime, were cool. What a waste of life.

Salute,

Tony V.

If you are going to attack me and my posts, then post the entire post, do not pull something out of context, and attack me.

In the movie "Blood In, Blood Out" the inmates are all Gay, for the most part, and I know and have known people who were Gay while they were in prison.

To deny that there is homosexuality in prison is totally false. And you need to comment from the context of the movie "Blood In, Blood Out" which is what I started my post with.

And my uncles both were Gay in prison.

Salute,

Tony V.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #44907 on: July 27, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »

The simplest example of how RealClearPolitics is gaming their polling data is on the right of the front page.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

There is a box labeled "RealClearPolitics Election 2020."

Underneath it are bunches of categories and, to the far right, if a category has gone up or down, it gets a small blue arrow of that direction. Currently, there are up and down arrows in the Battleground States area, two up, one down.

Earlier today, before the new Minnesota number came in (from notoriously biased Trafalgar), there were no arrows showing at all. Now Minnesota is down and two others are up.

But more pointedly is the national Biden vs. Trump number, at the top of their list. It now reads 9.6 for Biden. In the last few days it has been under 9, with a down arrow for much of the time. With this new number, it should have a blue up arrow and it just doesn't.

This is not the only way in which they are playing with their numbers to make things look (slightly) better for the GOP than honest treatment would, just the quickest and easiest to observe.

I am disappointed.

Real Clear Politics is a clearly biased platform that nevertheless provides useful aggregation of the political market numbers.

Not unlike, say, the Wall Street Journal.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #44908 on: July 27, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »

"Blood In and Blood Out" is a movie and not one that's a documentary.  Maybe you and Kid should discuss what's real and what isn't.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #44909 on: July 27, 2020, 05:01:45 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

If you are going to attack me and my posts, then post the entire post, do not pull something out of context, and attack me.

In the movie "Blood In, Blood Out" the inmates are all Gay, for the most part, and I know and have known people who were Gay while they were in prison.

To deny that there is homosexuality in prison is totally false. And you need to comment from the context of the movie "Blood In, Blood Out" which is what I started my post with.

And my uncles both were Gay in prison.

No, Tony, you don't get off by claiming you are merely representing the movie's take on things.

You wrote, "It shows a pretty real depiction I believe."

That's you endorsing the movie's perspective.

And... your entire post is taking piece of the movie out of context!

I'm sorry your uncles were in prison and I am pleased for them if it was not the agonizing place it has been for many folks.

But their experiences do not sum up the experiences of gay guys in prison. Neither does a movie.
Pages: 1 ... 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 ... 4288