Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2999 3000 [3001] 3002 3003 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008373 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45000 on: July 28, 2020, 11:02:00 AM »

The District is truly sending Brother John Lewis home in style.

Timing is everything and anytime is the right time to get in #GoodTrouble

His influence on the 2020 election will be immense.

Explain who is influenced and why.

To quote Louis Armstrong “If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.”

If you don’t know understand the impact of a John Lewis, well...

That's not an explanation. It's just a dodge.

An eloquent LOL, as Red would use.

I'll respond to you, anyway.

"Don't overestimate the decency of the human race."

H. L. Mencken

Explain who is influenced and why.

Nah.

Somehow you’ll make it about Botswana...
No need to consider your opinion, Lawrence, if you aren't willing to truly give it.

You'd be a lousy Tswani. They work hard, are responsible, considerate and self-reliant. Whereas you want others to just do for you. Based in what, God knows why.

Look. I said what I said about John Lewis. Interpret it the way you like.

You assert I don’t work hard, I’m not responsible, I’m not considerate or self-reliant and I want folks to do for me.

One thing I’d love for you to do for me.

Go fuck yourself.

Ahhh...Lawrence's default setting. "Go fuck yourself."

I only go by what you say, Lawrence.

Quite the rebuttal. You said what you said, but you said nothing. Because you refused to answer a pretty simple question. "Who is influenced and why?"

You weren't challenged as to being wrong about your opinion. you weren't told you don't know what you're talking about. You were just asked to provide some details as to why you thought what you thought.

And respectfully.

But I guess the old paranoia was kicking in, right, Lawrence?

So, eventually, instead of providing the details to show why you think what you think, it's "Go fuck yourself."

If you can't back up what you say with something substantial, it's not anyone else's fault by yours.

So, get up off that bean bag chair, walk into the nearest bathroom, look in the mirror and say, "Lawrence. Be a man. Grow up. Consider that you're as full of shit as the next man."

Go ahead.

You'll feel better, Lawrence.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45001 on: July 28, 2020, 11:12:18 AM »

Utley give it a rest.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45002 on: July 28, 2020, 11:40:54 AM »

Utley give it a rest.

Because that's what you would do, right, banksy?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45003 on: July 28, 2020, 11:49:24 AM »

Utley give it a rest.

I can be a persistant debator. But I try to stay on point, make my point and hopefully move on.

But f someone wants to continue to engage on points or on other grounds, I'll party.

However I've no idea what point you have other than to endlessly attack knicks, and seemingly in a purposely provocative manner.

That's my take.

barton

« Reply #45004 on: July 28, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »

I would imagine that's the default setting for most people on a message board,  when you start stalking and trolling.   Knicks gave you three more words than your comments deserved.   Try to imagine a world where,  when someone says "it's like jazz... can't really explain it for you... " you drop the matter and move on.   That is the world of civility that you profess to long for.   

And,  BTW,  at a message board,  any member can respond to any post.   So,  if I comment on something you post to another member,  I'm speaking my piece, not defending that member (everyone here can take care of themselves) or usurping their right to respond.   

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #45005 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »

Opening schools and having physical classes is more insane than shooting someone on 5th Avenue. A very Nazi-like euthanasia directive, only the strong and worthy will survive. You cannot believe the majority of teachers will go along.

Trump and Junior are urging their social media followers to heed the Covid-19 advice of Dr. Stella Immanuel, a Houston pediatrician who has determined that many diseases are caused by sex with demons and/or alien DNA. The Daily Beast reported that Dr. Immanuel "praises hydroxychloroquine and says that face masks aren’t necessary to stop transmission of the highly contagious coronavirus."

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/28/trump-and-trump-jr-praise-doc.html

he just gets crazier and crazier.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45006 on: July 28, 2020, 12:50:53 PM »

Utley give it a rest.

I can be a persistant debator. But I try to stay on point, make my point and hopefully move on.
Uh....
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45007 on: July 28, 2020, 01:00:59 PM »

Utley give it a rest.

But f someone wants to continue to engage on points or on other grounds, I'll party.

However I've no idea what point you have other than to endlessly attack knicks, and seemingly in a purposely provocative manner.

That's my take.

Bad take.

But, like others you seem to feel so poorly of Lawrence that you won't let him speak for himself and attempt to defend his remarks without feeling the need to jump in and speak for him.

So, that's something for YOU to consider.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45008 on: July 28, 2020, 01:02:14 PM »

Utley give it a rest.

Uh....

I try to engage socially in mixed company and stay on topic, and usually the point is made quickly. But I've found that at times some participants would rather distract from on point and take a lower road.

C'est la guerre

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45009 on: July 28, 2020, 01:03:26 PM »

I would imagine that's the default setting for most people on a message board,  when you start stalking and trolling.   Knicks gave you three more words than your comments deserved.   Try to imagine a world where,  when someone says "it's like jazz... can't really explain it for you... " you drop the matter and move on.   That is the world of civility that you profess to long for.   

And,  BTW,  at a message board,  any member can respond to any post.   So,  if I comment on something you post to another member,  I'm speaking my piece, not defending that member (everyone here can take care of themselves) or usurping their right to respond.

Another one popping off from the peanut gallery.

He chose the jazz reference as an excuse to keep from having to explain.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45010 on: July 28, 2020, 01:05:07 PM »

Utley give it a rest.

Uh....

I try to engage socially in mixed company and stay on topic, and usually the point is made quickly. But I've found that at times some participants would rather distract from on point and take a lower road.

C'est la guerre

Well if anyone knows about low roads it would be you.

Hell you even know about roads that tunnel underground.

Time for you to ride away in that high hobby horse of yours, cowboy.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45011 on: July 28, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »

How should we teach black history?

https://news.yahoo.com/how-should-we-teach-black-history-in-school-150706031.html

Interesting piece for all who wish to examine their own bias.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45012 on: July 28, 2020, 01:13:25 PM »

Utley give it a rest.

That's my take.

Bad take.

But, like others you seem to feel so poorly of Lawrence that you won't let him speak for himself and attempt to defend his remarks without feeling the need to jump in and speak for him.

So, that's something for YOU to consider.

I think quite highly of knicks and he has amply demonstrated he can defend himself from your indecency.

But standing up for decency when you see indecency is the right thing to do.

And you are indecent.

And i have no regard for it or you.

Your long history of stalking, indency, lies and deception can not be erased by your morphing into your next persona.

And that's the point.

And perhaps you would be well served to consider that.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45013 on: July 28, 2020, 01:14:32 PM »

Another one popping off from the peanut gallery.

He chose the jazz reference as an excuse to keep from having to explain.
If you do not want other people to comment on your disputes, try the message function. I realize bullies want to isolate victims but that is not how message boards work.
A parrot bit me.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #45014 on: July 28, 2020, 01:25:17 PM »

he just gets crazier and crazier.

I've pretty much assumed that the US has had the worst response to CV-19 and that Trump was the most irresponsible leader in dealing with the epidemic.  But then you know there certainly could be some major idiot in charge of another country.  Belarus giving the US/Trump some stiff competition.

Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko has previously come under fire after refusing to lockdown, and continued to play ice hockey as the disease spread across the world.  [He] claimed vodka and saunas could keep Covid-19 at bay and refused to cancel large sporting events.  The dictator also claimed that drinking 50ml of vodka a day would protect people from the virus.  Lukashenko previously bragged that no one would die from coronavirus in Belarus.  Now he has confirmed he has the virus.

I'm not really sure how, but Trump has managed not to get infected (or not to admit to such).  And I doubt Belarus needs encouragement to drink more.

(there was a weird interlude this Spring where some on the Right were touting Belarus as some sort of CV-model, because they refused to lockdown yet reported few cases.  Who knows how phony their numbers are but it's certainly not encouraging when their strongman leader -- often called the last dictator in Europe -- gets infected.  I actually was intending to visit Belarus this Fall, which will be postponed to next year)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2999 3000 [3001] 3002 3003 ... 4288