Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3003 3004 [3005] 3006 3007 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008302 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45060 on: July 28, 2020, 04:50:35 PM »

Larry doesn't need special treatment. He has the same rights as everyone here. He was born with those rights. You don't get to give him extra rights merely because you feel sorry for him, or because you feel someone question his views is too hard on him.

THAT'S RACIST, you dumb motherfucker.

Must explain why I call you a misogynist, too, huh? To protect poor beleaguered Larry?

Your reasoning is as sound as Ward's was when he accused me of racism for calling Americans stupid.

You would continue being a racist if Larry were to disappear in a puff of logic. Our opinions of you are based on you, not him. That you hide behind him this way is hilarious.

That's my one.

Josh favors cancelling others' views instead of countering them.

Typical of those who habituate the Ivory Tower.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45061 on: July 28, 2020, 04:52:04 PM »

Nope. Fact, Chuckles.

Fact?

You can back up that ‘fact’ or is this merely your opinion?

It's like jazz, Larry, man. If I have to explain it, you don't get it.

GFY.

Naw, son. A fact is a fucking fact or it ain’t.

But imma throw you a bone...

Here’s the answer you’ve demanded.

We will wait and see if that translates into votes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45062 on: July 28, 2020, 05:00:59 PM »

Biden's a breath of fresh air in the shit-storm of the Trump vortex

I see Joe was let out again today

Nice

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45063 on: July 28, 2020, 05:24:45 PM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/07/27/trump-tries-dominating-the-streets-and-the-political-landscape/

"Trump’s words are divisive, raw, unheeding, misogynistic, racist and wrong."

And have been, from the start. From before he got elected.

And the bulk of those who voted for him the first time around stand ready to do so, again.

Ward wondered why I didn't use the word deplorable, when I was talking about the ignorance and stupidity of the average American citizen. And he accused me of racism, because I think Americans are dumb. (And he leaps to accuse people of being unable to read. Hah!)

But... those Americans who would support a president and candidate of whom it can be rightly said that his "words are divisive, raw, unheeding, misogynistic, racist and wrong," are deplorable.

Your deplorables' reaction to a white man holding a BLM sign:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmlvk9GAto

They eat the same dog’s breakfast as red and Kiid. It’s no surprise they’ve developed some of the same degenerative conditions, such as the stupid and the ugly, as our two resident failed Americans.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45064 on: July 28, 2020, 05:28:26 PM »

Larry doesn't need special treatment. He has the same rights as everyone here. He was born with those rights. You don't get to give him extra rights merely because you feel sorry for him, or because you feel someone question his views is too hard on him.

Must explain why I call you a misogynist, too, huh? To protect poor beleaguered Larry?

Your reasoning is as sound as Ward's was when he accused me of racism for calling Americans stupid.

You would continue being a racist if Larry were to disappear in a puff of logic. Our opinions of you are based on you, not him. That you hide behind him this way is hilarious.

That's my one.

Poor persecuted UNO.

No one will play with such an egregious asshole.

Unfair!

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #45067 on: July 28, 2020, 06:07:52 PM »

Nice
Well. He did admit that the  many of the“ protesters”  in Seattle and Portland, etc. are actually rioters and should be arrested and tried. It was sort of like he  had to say it since people watching the videos are not stupid.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:29:08 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45068 on: July 28, 2020, 06:16:24 PM »

That's my one.

Poor persecuted UNO.

No one will play with such an egregious asshole.

Unfair!

Nice spin, Buckie.

Guess you don't read well.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45069 on: July 28, 2020, 06:26:05 PM »

OPINION
Sister attack: The coming Trump-GOP war on Biden’s veep
By SOPHIA NELSON
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
JUL 28, 2020 AT 5:15 PM

Ladies first.
Ladies first...

Recent polls (including by Fox News) tell a story of an incumbent president in serious re-election trouble. Pre-pandemic Trump, despite all manner of personal and political scandals, impeachment and a host of former campaign aides and friends indicted or in jail, still had a good shot at being re-elected, given the economy. Not so much now, as the coronavirus took center stage in March and continues to ravage American communities with more than 150,000 American dead. Trump is in serious trouble, particularly with women voters. The president has an average 20-plus point gender gap, as does the GOP nationally.
This may explain Trump’s openly race-baiting, fear mongering campaign to woo back fearful white voters, particularly white women without college degrees and swing voters, in a desperate shot of pulling another 2016. Team Trump already knows that Biden’s pick will be a woman, further widening the gender gap. The pick will be more historic if it is a woman of color; Biden recently shared that at least four black women are on a shortlist that also reportedly includes Sen. Tammy Duckworth, who is part Asian, and New Mexico’s Latina Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham.

Enter the Trump oppo-research team. They will salivate at the chance to attack anyone Biden names. Some attacks have already started: Fox host Tucker Carlson slimed Duckworth, an Iraq combat veteran, as a “coward” for not wishing to go on his show to defend her seeming openness to removing statues of the Founding Fathers.

The claim is farcical, as Duckworth left her legs in Iraq, whereas Carlson, the poster boy of white male conservative privilege (son of an ambassador) and to my knowledge has never served in so much as a soup kitchen. Separately, Trump has already shown his willingness to attack women of color, calling them “dumb” and “dogs.” He told the AOC-led “Squad” of four freshman Democratic congresswomen, “go back to your country” despite the fact that three are American-born and Rep. Ilhan Omar became a citizen years ago.

Given that both the media and Democrats know what Trump is capable of, they must be ready for his general election attacks on Biden’s running mate. Take the word of this former lifelong Republican, the vitriol will be even worse if it is a Black woman.

Consider how Biden’s likely top six Black female picks — despite their considerable accomplishments — will be portrayed by the Trump GOP Smear Machine, attacks the Biden team must anticipate and assess as they go forward:

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-biden-women-20200728-24r5vzvppzbzhndfz4mnioutia-story.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:27:42 PM by UNO »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45070 on: July 28, 2020, 06:30:57 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45071 on: July 28, 2020, 06:51:49 PM »

No crimes have been charged in the overwhelming majority of cases in which folks were seized by the feds.

In which case, there is no basis for detaining them other than intimidation and stopping the protests.

The PROTESTS, not the riots.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45072 on: July 28, 2020, 07:41:15 PM »

Nice
Well. He did admit that the  many of the“ protesters”  in Seattle and Portland, etc. are actually rioters and should be arrested and tried. It was sort of like he  had to say it since people watching the videos are not stupid.

Grandpa, either get a hearing aid, get a hearing aid that works, or set the closed caption option on your screen to display in a language you understand.

The way you are doing it now makes you look like a truly ignorant and obtuse asshole.

I’m pretty sure that’s not really the way you want to go through life, regarded as a tired old fuck up by everyone you meet.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45073 on: July 28, 2020, 07:45:05 PM »

No crimes have been charged in the overwhelming majority of cases in which folks were seized by the feds.

In which case, there is no basis for detaining them other than intimidation and stopping the protests.

The PROTESTS, not the riots.

That will be destroyed on appeal, hopefully along with the careers of whatever judges and prosecutors thought it was a good idea.

Cancel the fuck out of those bastards.

Keep marching.

oilcan

« Reply #45074 on: July 28, 2020, 07:51:21 PM »

On Dr.  Immanuel,  latest champion of the hydrochloro-cult....why FB may have chosen not to have millions of Americans keep being fed her medical advice on their platform:

Not so, says Stella Immanuel, a Houston pediatrician and spiritual leader of Fire Power Ministries, a pronouncedly non-orthodox church. Endometriosis and other potentially dangerous gynecological conditions are the residue of sexual intercourse with demons, Immanuel teaches. These demons, known as “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives” (you might prefer their pet names: Incubus and Succubus) once walked the Earth in physical form. After they drowned in Noah’s flood, however, they carried on only in non-corporeal form. They visit humans in sexy dreams, which aren’t dreams after all but spirit spouses making a booty call. The demons are responsible not only for diseases of the female reproductive system but also for male impotence, most financial troubles, marital discord and spiritual malaise.

This is not Immanuel’s only diversion from the medical mainstream. She also maintains that alien DNA is a component of some therapeutic drugs and that government scientists are developing a vaccine to prevent religious faith...     

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/america-is-suffering-trump-offers-them-a-doctor-who-warns-of-sex-with-demons/2020/07/28/460fea3e-d0fb-11ea-8c55-61e7fa5e82ab_story.html

Pages: 1 ... 3003 3004 [3005] 3006 3007 ... 4288