Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3010 3011 [3012] 3013 3014 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2008047 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45165 on: July 29, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »

What is the process for choosing a replacement senator in Illinois or Wisky?
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45166 on: July 29, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »

I'm on team "don't fuck it up"  for Biden's VP.

Leaning Harris-as she has the resume and credentials that should play well enough.

I also like Rice a lot, but maybe more as a Sec State.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45167 on: July 29, 2020, 04:56:36 PM »

My take on yesterday’s Barr Hearing...

Fun stuff!

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/07/29/lowering-the-barr-house-democrats-go-for-blood/

Getting Barr to incriminate himself and the pile of fetid mung that appointed him was good work by the functional house of Congress.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45168 on: July 29, 2020, 04:57:58 PM »

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

Another bullet dodged by Trump.  Another stupid non-masking GOPer infected.
Gohmert was seen walking right next to Barr yesterday, both sans mask, at the hearings.

Doses of HCQ or Remdesivir will clear that right up

Hey, it's good enough for Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Fake news should be deleted, right?!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45169 on: July 29, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »

What is the process for choosing a replacement senator in Illinois or Wisky?

I think in Illinois that the "Blagojevich rights" belong to Gov who can sell the seat to the highest bidder.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45170 on: July 29, 2020, 05:00:20 PM »

The world has gone crazy the Cancel Culture is hard at work destroying lives...

A friend of mine, after 7 yrs of medical school and training, has been fired for one minor mistake. He slept with one of his patients.
And now he can no longer work in his profession. Such a waste of time, effort, training and money! Sadly he is still paying on his school loans.

This just goes to show one minor mishap can ruin your life.
Thoughts for him and his family right now in this time of sadness.

He really is a great guy and a brilliant veterinarian.

You should see if trump wants a new surgeon general. The molested pet or heifer could serve as an upgrade from trump’s current spokesperson or attorney general.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45171 on: July 29, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »

Jerry Nadler was prescient in his outburst yesterday asking the Repubs on the Judiciary Comm to wear mask, stop politiciing masks and stop being fucking idiots.

I just saw Gohmert speculating his wearing a mask once or twice as causing his infection

Although I think its pretty clear even with a mask Gohmert will always be fucking idiot
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:24:15 PM by bankshot1 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #45172 on: July 29, 2020, 05:24:04 PM »

Then the GOP waits until the last minute to put the bill together thinking that would give them some leverage over the Democrats, but couldn't even agree among themselves what should be in it once they finally started.

That's governing.  It's not always agreement within party.

Which is why they should not have waited until the last minute to try and find consensus.

And why you should try addressing my point, instead of taking a piece of a sentence out of context just because that is the only part you have a response to.

I think it was 100% strategic. By waiting until the last minute to propose a weak $1 trillion proposal that has no chance of working they can say democrats voted against their effort to restart the economy and keep funding higher UI benefits  (albeit at a lower level).   It's not negotiating in good-faith. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45173 on: July 29, 2020, 06:17:27 PM »

Jerry Nadler was prescient in his outburst yesterday asking the Repubs on the Judiciary Comm to wear mask, stop politiciing masks and stop being fucking idiots.

I just saw Gohmert speculating his wearing a mask once or twice as causing his infection

Although I think its pretty clear even with a mask Gohmert will always be fucking idiot

A fine little mask is not for me
But me catch the virus from across the sea
Me catch  the bug I'm all alone
Now I got to quaratine in my home

Louie Louie, Louie Louie
me gotta go, oh no
Louie Louie, oh baby, me gotta go

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45174 on: July 29, 2020, 06:17:51 PM »

Are Americans dumb?

A couple in Michigan had to take down their Norwegian flag from their inn as folks were complaining thinking it was a Confederate flag

Americans are stupid.

Not just the "conservative" ones, though they have a disproportionate percentage of the stupidity.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #45175 on: July 29, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/29/women-who-voted-trump-who-regret-decision

Listen to the women.

Keep marching.

Hilary Clinton was a divisive candidate.  Dems needed to at least add Bernie as her running mate to retain the Bernie vote.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #45176 on: July 29, 2020, 06:27:19 PM »

Are Americans dumb?

A couple in Michigan had to take down their Norwegian flag from their inn as folks were complaining thinking it was a Confederate flag

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #45177 on: July 29, 2020, 06:28:56 PM »

A friend of mine, after 7 yrs of medical school and training, has been fired for one minor mistake. He slept with one of his patients.
And now he can no longer work in his profession. Such a waste of time, effort, training and money! Sadly he is still paying on his school loans.

If it's a joke [I never know on here sometimes]...LOL

If it's not a joke and he slept with one of his human customers...yes, impossible standards are demanded today, especially of men who are seduced.

If it's not a joke and he slept with one of his non-human patients...it was always going to end badly for him.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #45178 on: July 29, 2020, 06:33:34 PM »

Are Americans dumb?

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

That person would be at the median,  not the average.   Those two don't necessarily coincide.   And that is my super-nerd post for this week.   Seriously, I miss George Carlin.   

barton

« Reply #45179 on: July 29, 2020, 06:39:54 PM »

If it's a joke [I never know on here sometimes]...LOL

If it's not a joke and he slept with one of his human customers...yes, impossible standards are demanded today, especially of men who are seduced.

If it's not a joke and he slept with one of his non-human patients...it was always going to end badly for him.

(Eye roll emoji)
Pages: 1 ... 3010 3011 [3012] 3013 3014 ... 4288