Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007957 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45466 on: July 30, 2020, 10:40:40 PM »

Trump World is losing their collective mind.

Nah son. This ain’t the Paul Wellstone memorial service.

https://twitter.com/nikkimcr/status/1288993909654335488?s=21
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45467 on: July 30, 2020, 10:53:14 PM »

I'd call Tucker a name, but I'm afraid it would to an hours long argument with Red over definitions.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45468 on: July 30, 2020, 11:00:04 PM »

I'd call Tucker a name, but I'm afraid it would to an hours long argument with Red over definitions.

He can do that by himself. Go ahead!

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45469 on: July 30, 2020, 11:01:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/us/ferguson-missouri-michael-brown-darren-wilson-no-charges/index.html

No charges will be filed against former Ferguson, Missouri, police Officer Darren Wilson after a reinvestigation into the 2014 shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell said Thursday.

The investigation didn't exonerate Wilson, Bell said.

Wilson's shooting of Brown, a Black man, in August 2014 sparked a federal civil rights inquiry, protests, and a national debate. Protests erupted around the country after a grand jury declined to indict Wilson.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #45470 on: July 30, 2020, 11:26:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/us/ferguson-missouri-michael-brown-darren-wilson-no-charges/index.html

No charges will be filed against former Ferguson, Missouri, police Officer Darren Wilson after a reinvestigation into the 2014 shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell said Thursday.

The investigation didn't exonerate Wilson, Bell said.

Wilson's shooting of Brown, a Black man, in August 2014 sparked a federal civil rights inquiry, protests, and a national debate. Protests erupted around the country after a grand jury declined to indict Wilson.

“And then after he did that, he looked up at me and had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked.”

“At this point it looked like he was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I’m shooting at him. And the face he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn’t even there, I wasn’t even anything in his way.”

Darren Wilson... he feared for his life.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45473 on: July 30, 2020, 11:55:12 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics/federalist-society-trump-election-mail-in-voting/index.html

The Federalist Society's co-founder says Trump's tweet about delaying the election is grounds for impeachment.

The co-founder of the conservative Federalist Society said Thursday in a blistering New York Times op-ed that President Donald Trump's tweet musing about a delay to November's presidential election is grounds for impeachment.

Steven Calabresi, a Northwestern University law professor who has offered broad defenses of the President in recent years, wrote, "I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist."
"But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate," he said.

I saw that. If trump drops another 3-5%, probably once the economic news sinks in and the repercussions of the unfolding republican gridlock fuck up start to be felt, I think some serving voices will probably feel a lot of pressure to get behind it on the republican side.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:59:58 PM by facilitatorn »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #45474 on: July 31, 2020, 12:00:07 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/politics/federalist-society-trump-election-mail-in-voting/index.html

The Federalist Society's co-founder says Trump's tweet about delaying the election is grounds for impeachment.

The co-founder of the conservative Federalist Society said Thursday in a blistering New York Times op-ed that President Donald Trump's tweet musing about a delay to November's presidential election is grounds for impeachment.

Steven Calabresi, a Northwestern University law professor who has offered broad defenses of the President in recent years, wrote, "I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist."
"But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate," he said.

I saw that. If trump drops another 3-5%, I think some serving voices will probably feel a lot of pressure to get behind it on the republican side.

2013 Shelby v Holder
Federalist Society, “Yaaaaaay!”

2020 Trump yaps about delaying the election
Federalist Society, “Oh, HELL NO! Don’t fuck with MY vote!”

Black folks been telling you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45475 on: July 31, 2020, 12:02:33 AM »

The Federalist Society is pissed they gave it up for a Wolf too dumb to wear clothing, after all those painstaking years of setting up and maintaining such a colossal scam.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45476 on: July 31, 2020, 12:05:21 AM »

Darren Wilson sounds a lot like George Zimmerman. It seems the problem is wide, systemic, and pervasive.

“Keep Marching”.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45477 on: July 31, 2020, 12:28:25 AM »

This front in trump & the republicans’ war on America is opening up

http://www.salon.com/2020/07/30/with-trump-appointee-in-place-postal-service-may-shut-locations-and-cut-service-before-election-day/

Achtung bitches!

“Keep marching”.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #45478 on: July 31, 2020, 01:29:41 AM »

This front in trump & the republicans’ war on America is opening up

http://www.salon.com/2020/07/30/with-trump-appointee-in-place-postal-service-may-shut-locations-and-cut-service-before-election-day/

Achtung bitches!

Here it is in watchable form with suggested preventative safety measures, courtesy of Chris Hayes

http://youtu.be/4A3shHAGpWc

“Keep marching”.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #45479 on: July 31, 2020, 01:39:32 AM »

adelaidenow.com.au

"The deranged left is 'blaming Trump' for Coronavirus."

Not blaming Trump for the virus but the response.   ...   Only a few leaders have responded as poorly as Trump.

Nobody is blaming Trump for the origin of the CV virus.  But the spread throughout the US is directly related to the Trump Admin nonchalance, poor preparation and planning, no federal coordinated strategy, dismissal of face masks, downplaying the severity, overplaying cures and treatments, and just general ineptitude and incompetence.

Arguably, only Belarus and Brasil have had a worse leader and CV response than the US & Trump.  Already 19 states have more confirmed cases than China had.  Another 6 states have more cases than all of China outside of Hubei Province.
5K deaths in China compared to 150K and counting in the USofA.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 4288