Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1592880 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45765 on: August 02, 2020, 09:16:43 PM »

BLEXIT... freeing Black people from the grip of the left/far left.

Now Black people in America have a choice ...other than BLM and all that goes with it.

A choice... the party that is an existential threat to our existence or the party that has tried in fits and starts to do the right thing over the last 50 odd years?

Damn, that’s a head scratcher for sure. Tell you what though, for a ‘stipend’ and intellectual property rights, what would you like me to say?

Suckers.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45766 on: August 02, 2020, 09:28:25 PM »

Last week, a Republican had to pull back an ad that showed his Jewish opponent with a larger nose than he has. It was "an accident."

This week, it's Lindsey Graham, showing an ad with his opponent's skin darkened. I'm sure that was an accident, too.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/30/jaime-harrison-darker-skin-in-graham-ad-response-ctn-vpx.cnn

But they simply say "Oh, this is nothing."

Whattttt?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45767 on: August 02, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/us/schools-reopening-indiana-coronavirus.html?fbclid=IwAR34I5y0S0oTJ0EDI-S3L3xpHsjXbF5zmMdAqY0wH4PQesfTDRuLwa06sM0

A school has opened for the fall, already.

And, within hours, it has shut.

“We knew it was a when, not if,” said Harold E. Olin, superintendent of the Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation”

Right

Administrators began an emergency protocol, isolating the student and ordering everyone who had come into close contact with the person, including other students, to quarantine for 14 days. It is unclear whether the student infected anyone else.

Doesnt say they "shut", extremist.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45768 on: August 02, 2020, 09:38:23 PM »

Last week, a Republican had to pull back an ad that showed his Jewish opponent with a larger nose than he has. It was "an accident."

This week, it's Lindsey Graham, showing an ad with his opponent's skin darkened. I'm sure that was an accident, too.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/07/30/jaime-harrison-darker-skin-in-graham-ad-response-ctn-vpx.cnn

But they simply say "Oh, this is nothing."

Whattttt?

Someone just called out a couple of racist crackers in a racist and cracked party for trolling for racist cracker votes.

We are aware these are all causes you contribute to in your twisted and diminished fashion.

It’s no good from you and it’s no good from the shitheel politicians who play on your erogenous prejudices.

They’ll be drummed out and you’ll be left playing with yourself, muttering slurs, in hopes of one day reaching climax.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45769 on: August 02, 2020, 09:39:10 PM »

Echo is slipping.  Just 7 consecutive posts today.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45773 on: August 02, 2020, 10:14:45 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45774 on: August 02, 2020, 10:23:29 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/us/schools-reopening-indiana-coronavirus.html?fbclid=IwAR34I5y0S0oTJ0EDI-S3L3xpHsjXbF5zmMdAqY0wH4PQesfTDRuLwa06sM0

“We knew it was a when, not if,” said Harold E. Olin, superintendent of the Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation”

Right

Administrators began an emergency protocol, isolating the student and ordering everyone who had come into close contact with the person, including other students, to quarantine for 14 days. It is unclear whether the student infected anyone else.

Sure. It only shut for the students and teacher who came in contact with the kid for 15 minutes or more, not for everybody.

So much better. And you accuse me of rooting for the virus. YOU are the one urging us to have it spread!

It does say the Superintendent was shocked to have it happen on the first day.

Laura Taylor, who has a seventh grader at the middle school, said other students will probably come to school with COVID-19, especially because they could be asymptomatic and spread it to classmates without realizing.

She feels the school is doing the best it can to stay safe and remain open, but virtual learning seems like an inevitable outcome, especially since it took just one day for a confirmed case at the middle school. 

Other school districts such as Washington Township and Indianapolis Public Schools, already made the decision to begin the year online. 

“What needs to happen before we shut down?” she asked.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45775 on: August 02, 2020, 10:26:38 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #45776 on: August 02, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »

Right

Sure. It only shut for the students and teacher who came in contact with the kid for 15 minutes or more, not for everybody.

So much better. And you accuse me of rooting for the virus. YOU are the one urging us to have it spread!

It does say the Superintendent was shocked to have it happen on the first day.

Laura Taylor, who has a seventh grader at the middle school, said other students will probably come to school with COVID-19, especially because they could be asymptomatic and spread it to classmates without realizing.

She feels the school is doing the best it can to stay safe and remain open, but virtual learning seems like an inevitable outcome, especially since it took just one day for a confirmed case at the middle school. 

Other school districts such as Washington Township and Indianapolis Public Schools, already made the decision to begin the year online. 

“What needs to happen before we shut down?” she asked.

I’m glad I’m not in that district. I don’t have school aged kids now but if I did they would not set foot in that Petri dish.

Major League Baseball with its unlimited resources and assets cannot keep the Virus away from the players and you’re gonna send children out into uncertainty?

I didn’t raise any coal mine canaries.

The government only wants the schools open so parents can work and the economy can ‘rebound’

How many of our fellow people are we gonna sacrifice?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #45777 on: August 02, 2020, 10:32:44 PM »

Sick.  The lack of tears for this kid and others is just appalling

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/2020/08/01/new-mexico-lobos-hoops-commit-fedonta-j-b-white-18-fatally-shot/

I don’t see you crying any tears for the thousands of low wage workers who have died as result of being forced to work through a plague.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45778 on: August 02, 2020, 10:37:03 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45779 on: August 02, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »

"Pick me, pick me, pick me!"

Pages: 1 ... 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 ... 4288