Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3054 3055 [3056] 3057 3058 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605813 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45825 on: August 03, 2020, 12:54:25 PM »

Summarize a couple main points,  with the link.  (for example,  Josh's link to the counselor

For most links, either the URL or a couple sentences might do.

But for WaPo links, "a couple main points" don't give them the ready option to go read the rest.

There - just a pair of sentences, to explain my main points.

Oops, that was a third sentence. Oh, wait!
Haha.  I know any suggestion is "aspirational" around here, and for sure, some stories need more setup than others.  I don't have a good handle on how everyone processes things - the feed here is often scattered, there are issues coming from all directions, and the one potentially interesting chat gets drowned.  And sometimes it manages to happen, even in a flood of nonsequiturs.  Part of it's that we need at least ten political forums, but instead this one Trump thread is forced to bear the brunt, so everything including the kitchen sink gets tossed in.  But I wouldn't want the perfect to be the enemy of the good, as they say. 

The trolling is the real problem.  Shitposting, which means just tossing in unsupported nonsense and watching gleefully as everyone gets aggravated, is the enemy of good discourse.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45826 on: August 03, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »

Part of it's that we need at least ten political forums, but instead this one Trump thread is forced to bear the brunt, so everything including the kitchen sink gets tossed in.

We could go back to using all of the political fora, but I'm not sure either the volume or number of posters merits it.

I am very open to opinions.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45828 on: August 03, 2020, 01:09:02 PM »

Part of it's that we need at least ten political forums, but instead this one Trump thread is forced to bear the brunt, so everything including the kitchen sink gets tossed in.

We could go back to using all of the political fora, but I'm not sure either the volume or number of posters merits it.

Or you could develop the brain power needed to sift thru crap and keep up.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45829 on: August 03, 2020, 01:09:39 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45830 on: August 03, 2020, 01:15:28 PM »

We do have a forum entitled Campaign Trail.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45831 on: August 03, 2020, 01:16:37 PM »

Or you could develop the brain power needed to sift thru crap and keep up.
Alternatively you could stop defecating all over these forums.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45832 on: August 03, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »

We do have a forum entitled Campaign Trail.

Hence the phrase "using all of the political fora."

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45833 on: August 03, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »

I'm not sure how anyone is meant to distinguish between topics that belong in "Trump Administration" and "Campaign Trail."  When everything his administration does is politically motivated, this would be true even if we weren't 3 months from the election.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45834 on: August 03, 2020, 01:26:55 PM »

My 2 scents-I agree with the bolded, if we had a larger body of active posters, segmentation might make sense, but with a smaller population, I like the concentration of politically-related posts in a central area, and if I have to wade around a few trolls who want nothing more than to interupt or distract, its not that big a deal to ignore them. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #45835 on: August 03, 2020, 01:33:26 PM »

I think I posted here re Trump's campaign, that its like Charlie Manson designed plan hoping that death and depression will lead to his "Helter-Skelter" race war with Trump fantansiing he inherits the burned out shell of our society.

I don't really believe it, or it seems hard to rationalie, but everything this psychopath does seems designed to bring us closer to our destruction.

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: The GOP as a Necessary Evil
« Reply #45836 on: August 03, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »

Candace Owens and Blexit are the future.
BLEXIT is a beacon that will show African Americans young and old the right path to freedom. Freedom from all the things wrong with their lives today.

Yeah, black people should throw in their lot with the racists, then they'll be accepted  for sure ...

How it will get them freedom from racism, is still being worked out ...

What BLM  movement  and the protesters  are doing for them  is not working.
Burning down social housing under construction  for them, for example.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:47:18 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45837 on: August 03, 2020, 01:48:36 PM »

My 2 scents-I agree with the bolded, if we had a larger body of active posters, segmentation might make sense, but with a smaller population, I like the concentration of politically-related posts in a central area, and if I have to wade around a few trolls who want nothing more than to interupt or distract, its not that big a deal to ignore them.

Agree. Skipping past HairyLip's posts isn't so hard to do.

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: The GOP as a Necessary Evil
« Reply #45838 on: August 03, 2020, 01:58:16 PM »

Candace Owens and Blexit are the future.
BLEXIT is a beacon that will show African Americans young and old the right path to freedom. Freedom from all the things wrong with their lives today.

Yeah, black people should throw in their lot with the racists, then they'll be accepted  for sure ...

How it will get them freedom from racism, is still being worked out ...

What BLM  movement  and the protesters  are doing for them  is not working.
Burning down social housing under construction  for them, for example.

Gee, you think so?

In June, the ensuing nationwide protests against police brutality led to 16 state legislatures having discussed the issues roiling the country. Legislatures had introduced, amended or passed 159 bills and resolutions related to policing, including bills that were introduced in both chambers, according to a database compiled by the National Conference of State Legislatures, a nonpartisan association of state lawmakers.

5 more states had no bills pending. The rest were not in session and therefore could not. Three states had already passed bills. I know more have since. We also have had federal legislation.

In addition, in this time, public opinion has shifted with the increased visibility.

But don't let facts interfere with your "thoughts."

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45839 on: August 03, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »

It hasn't worked because Bambu finds himself even angrier with the Blacks.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 3054 3055 [3056] 3057 3058 ... 4288