Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3055 3056 [3057] 3058 3059 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583497 times)

Echo4

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45841 on: August 03, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »

It hasn't worked because Bambu finds himself even angrier with the Blacks.

Nah...people get angry, mistakes get made.

Go woke, go broke.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45842 on: August 03, 2020, 02:35:54 PM »

Screw you, CNN

Example of alarmist statement:

In Gwinnett County, Georgia, where some parents protested in favor of in-person classes, at least 260 school district employees tested positive for the virus or were in contact with someone infected, a district spokeswoman said

Full article:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45843 on: August 03, 2020, 02:37:06 PM »

Part of it's that we need at least ten political forums, but instead this one Trump thread is forced to bear the brunt, so everything including the kitchen sink gets tossed in.

We could go back to using all of the political fora, but I'm not sure either the volume or number of posters merits it.
I am very open to opinions.

My 2 scents-I agree with the bolded, if we had a larger body of active posters, segmentation might make sense, but with a smaller population, I like the concentration of politically-related posts in a central area, and if I have to wade around a few trolls who want nothing more than to interupt or distract, its not that big a deal to ignore them.

Agree. Skipping past HairyLip's posts isn't so hard to do.
Hey, I have had that mustache since I won a bet on the 1978 MSU - Meatchicken game and my friend Mike had to shave his.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #45844 on: August 03, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »

Screw you, CNN

In Gwinnett County, Georgia, where some parents protested in favor of in-person classes, at least 260 school district employees tested positive for the virus or were in contact with someone infected, a district spokeswoman said

Full article:

Factual reporting undermining the Trump Administration's Campaign's push to force kids into schools regardless of the threat to their health and well-being = alarmist. Got it.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #45845 on: August 03, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »

It hasn't worked because Bambu finds himself even angrier with the Blacks.

Nah...people get angry, mistakes get made.
That is what your dad said.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #45846 on: August 03, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »

In Left/Far Left run Victoria state bambuland...there's now an 8pm curfew.
"Off the streets by 8pm, or else"...very few exemptions.
Stage 4 lockdown as well, for 6 weeks.
Of course, the "Harmony Day" mindset was always going to end badly.

Swamped by the virus...all because the govt outsourced quarantine security for returning travellers to private company...instead of using the police and army.
Said company then sub contracted the work  to another organisation.
Said organisation then hired "guards" from the internet.
No interviews, no training, no masks...no idea...one guard to a floor in some cases.
Travellers out of their rooms, mingling in corridors,  some guards of both genders and those supposed to be in strict quarantine sleeping together. The guards then all eating together in fast food restaurants.
Dopey govt.
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #45847 on: August 03, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ammon-bundy-comes-out-in-support-of-blm-calls-to-defund-the-police/?fbclid=IwAR2thiixiSjk-S_O8-9-3KUU9D7spM8eZ_is63WZ2yvv_PE6WNSD9BXbq0k

Too funny for words!

Well,  at least Bundy has a consistent libertarian philosophy.   Which is rare among self proclaimed libertarians.   Politics makes strange bedfellows. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45848 on: August 03, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »

Screw you, CNN

Full article:

Factual reporting undermining the Trump Administration's Campaign's push to force kids into schools regardless of the threat to their health and well-being = alarmist. Got it.

kiidcarter8's objection is to lumping in the hard data of positive tests with a less quantifiable (outside of contact tracing)  "in contact with." 

The fact is though (and granted, the CNN blurb did not make it crystal clear, because blurbs tend not to do that) the employees who were in contact with the positives need to then go into 2-week quarantine, which means the 260 people is not "alarmist" but absolutely relevant given the story is about the difficulties facing school districts trying to open up in two weeks.

And note that all of these multiple stories about teachers and administrators getting sick are without students! (save the one that closed down school after the first couple of hours) imagine what the stories will be with students in the mix.

But never mind, we should all put our lives on the line and say thank you (!) because Donald Trump has an election to win.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45849 on: August 03, 2020, 03:12:29 PM »

Screw you, CNN

The non-alarmist version would have been what? "Nobody died, yet, so no problem?"

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45850 on: August 03, 2020, 03:13:03 PM »

"....media almost rooting for the virus to win"

- Molly Hemingway, Media Buzz, Fox News, 8/2/20

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45851 on: August 03, 2020, 03:13:59 PM »

Swamped by the virus...all because the govt outsourced quarantine security for returning travellers to private company...instead of using the police and army.

The individuals, of course, have no responsibility at all.

One way or the other.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45852 on: August 03, 2020, 03:14:24 PM »

kiidcarter8's objection is to lumping in the hard data of positive tests with a less quantifiable (outside of contact tracing)  "in contact with."

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #45853 on: August 03, 2020, 03:15:05 PM »

Quote from: kiidcarter8 link=topic=55.msg[tt
138156#msg138156 date=1596481983]

Do you actually believe idiocy like this? Or do you have a trolling quota to meet and I'm the sucker.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 03:17:02 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #45854 on: August 03, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »

Even Fox News didn't go as far as you. Molly knows that we aren't rooting for the virus, even if you haven't figured it out.
Pages: 1 ... 3055 3056 [3057] 3058 3059 ... 4288