Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3057 3058 [3059] 3060 3061 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595071 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45870 on: August 03, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »

"I think Trump is an incompetent, a liar and a bigot, but dammit he makes a lot of sense about TikTok. He's got my vote!"
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #45871 on: August 03, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »

Making SENSE about the virus

Uh, he just slapped down Birx for admitting the virus was everywhere.

And is his response claimed that his admin has done a "very good job" with the virus.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45872 on: August 03, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »

Making SENSE about TikTok

LOL!

You never sensed that what was going on in the big cities might eventually be bad for your side?

Nope.  I never thought so.  And credible polling has not indicated that it is so. 

If it has been, someone forgot to tell Trump, who at this moment seems convinced that he has a good chance of losing in November.  Somehow the guy he just hired to be his campaign manager after demoting the last one just a few weeks ago seems to have failed to tell him that he will be coasting to an easy reelection.

Strange, that.

Republicans who pay their own pollsters seem to agree with Needs and find Kiid’s arguments simultaneously unable to hold water and to be full of shit.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/03/republican-leadership-battle-trump-389789

Gearing up for some serious intra-party infighting once trump loses.

Interesting.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #45873 on: August 03, 2020, 04:34:43 PM »

And is his response claimed that his admin has done a "very good job" with the virus.

Which makes total SENSE to the guy who thinks Trump is at the height of his popularity right now and headed toward an easy reelection.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #45874 on: August 03, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »

We need to revive our great cities, we need to re-imagine, and save our once great cities.

San Bernardino used to be great, I used to love going to San Bernardino.

San Bernardino used to have great malls, with beautiful women, when I was a teen we used to go to the malls to meet girls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carousel_Mall

And there was Harris'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Company

And there were orange groves, San Bernardino used to grow a lot of oranges.

And I saw Johnny Cash at the Orange Show, along with Buck Owens and Roy Clark, when I was a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Orange_Show

And the first McDonald's was in San Bernardino, you can watch the movie "The Founder." My Grandmother worked at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino, she was a car hop,  she brought your food out to your car for you.

https://youtu.be/AX2uz2XYkbo

San Bernardino used to be great. But now the malls are gone, and all that they have is thrift stores and pawn shops. Seriously, it is depressing, San Bernardino went from being great to being a ghetto.

During the Great Depression San Bernardino was the land of opportunity. That was when my Grandparents came to San Bernardino, my Grandmother's family came from Colorado, and my Grandfather's family came from Arkansas, and they loved San Bernardino.

San Bernardino needs to bring in some creative people to re-imagine San Bernardino, San Bernardino needs to be awesome again. Right now San Bernardino sucks, especially when compared to how great San Bernardino used to be.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:01:44 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45875 on: August 03, 2020, 04:43:28 PM »

To have those numbers after the recent economic numbers were released...

wow.

Take a guess what happens with a 3rd quarter surge - not to mention the debates, if Chickenhawk Joe decides to show up.

Remind us again of when you served in war, kid. You don't need to remind us of how many times you've advocated it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45876 on: August 03, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45877 on: August 03, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-chart-shows-what-matters-more-as-schools-announce-covid-19-reopening-plans-11596457036?mod=home-page

In reality, there is no relationship—visually or statistically—between school districts’ reopening decisions and their county’s new COVID-19 cases per capita.

In contrast, there is a strong relationship—visually and statistically—between districts’ reopening decisions and the county-level support for Trump in the 2016 election. Districts located in counties that supported Trump are much more likely to have announced plans to open in person.

On average, districts that have announced plans to reopen in person are located in counties in which 55% voted for Trump in 2016, compared to 35% in districts that have announced plans for remote learning only. Unsurprisingly, the one remaining group in EdWeek’s data—“Hybrid/Partial”—falls right in the middle, at 44%.

These data aren’t perfect. For example, EdWeek’s database of district reopening plans is, by its own acknowledgement, incomplete, and school districts don’t map perfectly to counties. However, the patterns are so clear, and the regression results so consistent (e.g., controlling for different variables and restricting the timeframe of district announcements), that it seems implausible that politics aren’t a major factor in district decision-making.

Despicable.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45878 on: August 03, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »

Another bullspit header - headline that accurately sums up a. Opinion piece.tbat.comes to a conclusion I do not like -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/politics/2020-election-map/index.html
Fify.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45879 on: August 03, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »

Another bullspit header -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/politics/2020-election-map/index.html

Hmmm. I saw this and thought of you for some reason: https://www.foxnews.com/health/man-penis-infection-arm

Bet he can put on an interesting puppet show for the neighborhood kids.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45880 on: August 03, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »

Making SENSE about TikTok

LOL!

You never sensed that what was going on in the big cities might eventually be bad for your side?

Nope.  I never thought so.  And credible polling has not indicated that it is so. 

If it has been, someone forgot to tell Trump, who at this moment seems convinced that he has a good chance of losing in November.  Somehow the guy he just hired to be his campaign manager after demoting the last one just a few weeks ago seems to have failed to tell him that he will be coasting to an easy reelection.

Strange, that.

Republicans who pay their own pollsters seem to agree with Needs and find Kiid’s arguments simultaneously unable to hold water and to be full of shit.
No, no. Those rosy Rasmussen polls showing soaring approval for Trump are why Martha McSally has not mentioned him at all in a single ad this year. It would simply be unfair to take advantage of his booming popularity!
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45881 on: August 03, 2020, 04:54:03 PM »

Why do you equate virus spread with doing a poor job?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45882 on: August 03, 2020, 04:55:09 PM »

Have any quotes?

You weren't just reading headlines, were you?

(As Fat Mike would say) Careful....

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #45883 on: August 03, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/prosecutor-seeking-trumps-taxes-cites-171546052.html

A Manhattan prosecutor trying to get President Donald Trump’s tax returns told a judge Monday that he was justified in demanding them, citing public reports of “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization.”

Trump’s lawyers last month said the grand jury subpoena for the tax returns was issued in bad faith and amounted to harassment of the president.

Manhattan District Attorney District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr. seeks eight years of the Republican president’s personal and corporate tax records, but has disclosed little about what prompted him to request the records, other than part of the investigation relates to payoffs to women to keep them quiet about alleged affairs with Trump.

In a court filing Monday, though, attorneys for Vance said Trump's arguments that the subpoena was too broad stemmed from “the false premise” that the probe was limited to so-called “hush-money” payments.

“This Court is already aware that this assertion is fatally undermined by undisputed information in the public record,” Vance’s lawyers wrote. They said that information confirms the validity of a subpoena seeking evidence related to potentially improper financial transactions by a variety of individuals and entities over a period of years.

They said public reporting demonstrates that at the time the subpoena was issued “there were public allegations of possible criminal activity at Plaintiff’s New York County-based Trump Organization dating back over a decade.”

“These reports describe transactions involving individual and corporate actors based in New York County, but whose conduct at times extended beyond New York’s borders. This possible criminal activity occurred within the applicable statutes of limitations, particularly if the transactions involved a continuing pattern of conduct,” the lawyers said.

The lawyers urged Judge Victor Marrero to swiftly reject Trump's arguments, saying the baseless claims were threatening the investigation. Marrero, who ruled against Trump last year, has scheduled arguments to be fully submitted by mid-August.

Every day that goes by is another day Plaintiff effectively achieves the ‘temporary absolute immunity’ that was rejected by this Court, the Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court," Vance's lawyers said. “Every such day also increases the prospect of a loss of evidence or the expiration of limitations periods — the precise concerns that the Supreme Court observed justified its rejection of Plaintiff’s immunity claim in the first place."

Trump and his lawyers are doing their own TikTok dance.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #45884 on: August 03, 2020, 05:00:29 PM »

To have those numbers after the recent economic numbers were released...

wow.

Take a guess what happens with a 3rd quarter surge - not to mention the debates, if Chickenhawk Joe decides to show up.

Remind us again of when you served in war, kid. You don't need to remind us of how many times you've advocated it.

Nope.  I never enlisted - nor was I helped educationally by the GI bill.

Long family history of it though - as I am sure you have.

Here's to all of 'em!
Pages: 1 ... 3057 3058 [3059] 3060 3061 ... 4288