Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3078 3079 [3080] 3081 3082 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583532 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46187 on: August 05, 2020, 01:15:53 PM »

GOP Senate seat in Kansas is safe.

Kobach, who Trump endorsed in 2018,  defeated in primary.   You're right,  rejecting the most Trumpian choice was the smart move for KS GOP.
Trump did not endorse either candidate since there was no advantage to do so. Kobach  threatened to turn off the GOP base and put Kansas in jeopardy of losing what has been a solid GOP seat in the Senate since the 1930’s.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 01:18:12 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46188 on: August 05, 2020, 01:17:43 PM »

The Biden campaign on Wednesday is announcing what it says is the largest TV ad buy ever by a presidential candidate, with $220 million set aside for commercials to air through the fall and another $60 million budgeted to reach audiences digitally on social media or gaming platforms.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-campaign-2020-largest-political-ad-buy-presidential-candidate/

I wish I had $280M ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46189 on: August 05, 2020, 01:26:29 PM »

Kobach, who Trump endorsed in 2018,  defeated in primary.   You're right,  rejecting the most Trumpian choice was the smart move for KS GOP.
Trump did not endorse either candidate since there was no advantage to do so. Kobach  threatened to turn off the GOP base and put Kansas in jeopardy of losing what has been a solid GOP seat in the Senate since the 1930’s.

Kobach fucked up their pet voter fraud project by proving there is virtually no voter fraud.

Trump and the GOP is toast.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #46191 on: August 05, 2020, 01:40:09 PM »

I didn't say Trump endorsed anyone in that race, in 2020.  But the key to this is that Kobach, the most Trumpian candidate in mindset and ethical character, and the one formerly endorsed by Trump in 2018, was, as you said, more likely to turn off the GOP base.

Yay.  We got there.  Red's got a little tiny piece of the reality of Trumpism there!  Woohoo! 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46192 on: August 05, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

And?

Maybe you like the state projections for Clinto better

+3.7 Pennsylvania

+4.2 Michigam

+0.7 Florida

+5.8 Wisconsin

+5.3 Minnesota

---------------------

Electoral votes for Clinton     302

Gooooo, Five Thirty Eight

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46193 on: August 05, 2020, 01:44:37 PM »

Kobach fucked up their pet voter fraud project by proving there is virtually no voter fraud.

Trump and the GOP is toast.

How many million did the Dems spend on Kobach?

hahahahahahahaha

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #46194 on: August 05, 2020, 01:49:02 PM »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

And?

Maybe you like the state projections for Clinto better

+3.7 Pennsylvania

+4.2 Michigam

+0.7 Florida

+5.8 Wisconsin

+5.3 Minnesota

---------------------

Electoral votes for Clinton     302

Gooooo, Five Thirty Eight
And? I've made clear my distrust of any polling (I still believe there are a lot of voters ashamed to admit their support of Trump).  I just don't understand why you prefer Rasmussen, who despite touting their own horn, is is no more accurate, and frequently less so, than any other individual polling, and is, in fact, part of the amalgamation  that makes up fivethirtyeight.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 01:50:55 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46195 on: August 05, 2020, 01:53:06 PM »

I didn't say Trump endorsed anyone in that race, in 2020.  But the key to this is that Kobach, the most Trumpian candidate in mindset and ethical character, and the one formerly endorsed by Trump in 2018, was, as you said, more likely to turn off the GOP base.

Yay.  We got there.  Red's got a little tiny piece of the reality of Trumpism there!  Woohoo!
And Kansas stays Red. Trump saw the larger picture this time. Holding on to the Senate.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46196 on: August 05, 2020, 01:54:16 PM »

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_nov7

Friday before election Trump and Clinto were tied (not sure anyone else had near that)

And on Monday, 24 hours to actual vote - Clinton led by 2.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #46197 on: August 05, 2020, 02:02:32 PM »

I can read polls too. Are you telling me that your belief is Rasmussen is the most accurate?

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46198 on: August 05, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FOX13TampaBay/videos/3274063622819241/

The hearing in Miami about the push to open schools vs. to block the opening of the schools.

FEA vs. State of Florida because of COVID-19

That they are having this hearing remotely answers the question, IMO.

But the State is challenging the venue, among other things.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 02:55:36 PM by Echo4 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #46199 on: August 05, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »

Sorry but it’s ok now for a presidential campaign to run other candidates in the same race in hopes of siphoning off votes from the real opposition?

Kanye’s own wife says he needs mental help. But let’s run him as a candidate in Wisconsin because those Black people will vote for him?

Incredibly insulting and dirty, from people who show us again and again that they despise Democracy.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 3078 3079 [3080] 3081 3082 ... 4288