Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610797 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46335 on: August 06, 2020, 08:39:43 PM »

So Joe, say what?
Biden:

And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

(During an interview that aired at the convention of the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists broadcast by NPR.
8-6-2020)

Where the lie?

Look at voting percentages and it tracks.
LOL!

Well that settles that...
But probably not.
Joe has just started a $280 Million Multi state campaign to shore up the BLACK vote.
Just weeks ago he boasted if you are debating between Trump and me YOU AINT BLACK!
And today he defined the black community as anything but DIVERSE!

Why then the ad campaign?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:56:24 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46336 on: August 06, 2020, 10:14:20 PM »

So Joe, say what?
Biden:

And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

(During an interview that aired at the convention of the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists broadcast by NPR.
8-6-2020)

Where the lie?

LOL!

But probably not.
Joe has just started a $280 Million Multi state campaign to shore up the BLACK vote.
Just weeks ago he boasted if you are debating between Trump and me YOU AINT BLACK!

Read the manuals! Read the books!

1000 a day. It is what it is.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46337 on: August 06, 2020, 10:19:57 PM »

Powerful

Narrated by Emma Rodriguez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6F_w6tWs4

Well done.

May it also prove effective.

I think the youth of this nation will surprise a lot of people in November and beyond.

I won’t be surprised.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46338 on: August 06, 2020, 10:25:23 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ari-fleischer-ny-suing-nra

I always find it interesting when Fox News brings on guests who readily concede "I don’t know the facts".....

Sweet.
March For Our Lives (Parkland survivors) filed the complaint against the NRA last year.

“Don’t ever underestimate the power of pissed off teenagers,” wrote Hogg, who survived the Parkland shooting, which left 17 people dead.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/510880-march-for-our-lives-trolls-nra-after-new-york-lawsuit-sending

Hogg should go live his life - not let Parkland define him

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."

Winston Fucking Churchill
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46339 on: August 06, 2020, 10:30:16 PM »

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:38:05 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46340 on: August 06, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »

So Joe, say what?
Biden:

8-6-2020)

Where the lie?

LOL!

But probably not.

Because we all know the GOP is going to use every lever of government in their power to make it harder for black people to vote. So if I’m Biden and I can figure on 85-90% of that vote it makes sense for me to get as many of those voters to the polls as I can .

Math, ya know?

Latinos gave Trump 30% in 2016.

Almost 1/3.

Yeah. Politically they’re more diverse.

LOL
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:37:44 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #46341 on: August 06, 2020, 10:44:12 PM »

So Joe, say what?
Biden:

8-6-2020)

Where the lie?

LOL!

But probably not.

Because we all know the GOP is going to use every lever of government in their power to make it harder for black people to vote. So if I’m Biden and I can figure on 85-90% of that vote it makes sense for me to get as many of those voters to the polls as I can .

Math, ya know?
Hmmm.

The only effective suppresser of the black vote in 2016 was Hillary.
Biden is going to be worse.
Hence the ad campaign. And the need for a black woman Veep candidate.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46342 on: August 06, 2020, 10:54:47 PM »

Sorry Needs will be weeping when his gal is second choice.

I've made it clear that my preference was Warren.

Sorry about that.  Likely you were on my IGGY at the time

A good excuse for your just making up shit.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46343 on: August 06, 2020, 10:55:22 PM »

I always find it interesting when Fox News brings on guests who readily concede "I don’t know the facts".....

Sweet.
March For Our Lives (Parkland survivors) filed the complaint against the NRA last year.

“Don’t ever underestimate the power of pissed off teenagers,” wrote Hogg, who survived the Parkland shooting, which left 17 people dead.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/510880-march-for-our-lives-trolls-nra-after-new-york-lawsuit-sending

Hogg should go live his life - not let Parkland define him

You mean like Trump and the Mueller investigation?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46344 on: August 06, 2020, 10:55:39 PM »

Red is right. It’s going to be a huge cakewalk for Putin’s party. They shouldn’t campaign at all, just keep funneling their money into mango jabba’s endless pie hole.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46345 on: August 06, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/massachusetts-hotel-accused-of-hosting-300-person-wedding-despite-warnings/2173024/

Wow - $600 fine - that's harsh

Somebody in the decision-making chain should go to prison.

But as is well known to everybody but you, Ward, and Bambi:

White collar crime
Seldom does time.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46346 on: August 06, 2020, 10:58:23 PM »

Speaking of facts.
Who are the victims who  need relief via the NY AG’s lawsuit?
If the NRA leadership mishandled NRA funds then it was sabotaging its own membership.
If that is the case doesn't the leadership need to be punished without disbanding the entire organization?

The NRA has non-profit, tax-exempt status.

That makes it a public entity, Ward.

Kind of like the Trump Foundation.

One is not allowed to misuse the money the way it seems the NRA has done.

Remember: LAW AND ORDER!

Let's go!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46347 on: August 06, 2020, 11:08:09 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/minneapolis-star-tribune-endorses-ilhan-omar-opponent

Omar 15 minutes may be up         

2018:
https://www.startribune.com/editorial-board-endorsement-dfl-s-kelliher-in-fifth-congressional-district/490303731/

I am sure that Rep. Omar will be heartbroken to have again failed to get them to endorse her. She won the primary last year 48 to 30 to 13 to others, before winning the general with 78% of the vote.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46348 on: August 06, 2020, 11:10:21 PM »

So Joe, say what?
Biden:

8-6-2020)

Where the lie?

LOL!

But probably not.

Oddly enough, your interpretation of the ad campaign doesn't align with anybody but the GOP's whistle-in-the-dark campaign.

I am sure the Black vote will be terribly impressed by the ads in Cuban Spanish in Florida, Puerto Rican Spanish in NYC, and Mexican Spanish in southern Texas.

Go play in the street, little boy.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46349 on: August 06, 2020, 11:17:41 PM »

President Donald Trump said an interview with Geraldo Rivera that he has made no mistakes with the handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

I expect we will see that clip in a few adds this season, along side Dr. Fauci, along side Dr. Bir; along side a picture of the charts; along side pictures of funerals....

Among others.
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 4288