Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583506 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46515 on: August 08, 2020, 09:20:18 AM »

My question would be how do you get Israel to moderate its behavior and allow a decent life in Gaza and some pathway to the end of half century occupation of the West

First explain how the Palestinians have moderated their behavior during the last century.

If you're pinned to the street with a boot squishing your face, the first move towards humane is the boot's owner's.

So you have a house, and you live in that house in a small neighborhood, peacefully, and yet, one day the neighbors attack you because they don't want you in that house and they want that neighborhood for themselves because they've decided you're not like them. So you defend your house and property from those who have attacked you, and you defeat them. And so, an arrangement is made to settle the neighborhood. The attackers to the west take some of the neighborhood, and the attackers to the east take some, and you are left with your house and property.
But those who attacked you from the east, from the west, and now from the north try again and again to take your house, and kill your children, because, again you are not like them. But you defend your house and your neighborhood so well, that your attackers lose parts of the neighborhoods.

You are attacked year after year, decade after decade, and yet you establish the only democracy in the region. The other neighbors coordinate their attacks on you, and they are successful at times and they kill many of your children.

So, you do what you need to do to defend your house and your children because over and over the attackers have repeated the same mantra, and taught it to all of their children, and their children's children: Your house and your family and your children and your children's children should be destroyed.

Still, you persevere. And you continue to defeat your attackers. You are shown to be among the greatest defenders of your family and your neighborhood in all of the history of the world. Because you know that your attackers will never stop from pursuing their stated goals of destroying you, your house, and your children.

Those attackers then go to distant lands and show the wounds and scars of their many defeats to the people there, but tell those in the distant lands nothing of their continued attacks on your house. They say nothing of their stated goals to destroy your house, your neighborhood, and killing you and your children. Instead, they claim they are victims of your oppression!

You can clearly show this is not the case. You show clearly to those distant denizens that in fact, you have been attacked over and over and over again merely because you are not like your neighbors. You are different.

But the folks in those distant lands do not wish to see it, they do not want to hear about all those times you've been attacked. They do not wish to hear of how the neighbors' stated goals are to destroy your house and your family.

Why? Because they, too, decide that you are not like them.

So they buy into the false notion that the aggressor is the oppressed and that defender is the oppressor.

They believe that because you've so successfully secured your neighborhood, your house, and your family and that your attackers have been so roundly defeated that you simply must be the oppressor.

They believe that up is now down, red is now blue, and you are the perpetrator of decades and decades of discord, merely because...you are not like them.

So, when you paint the Palestinians and their Arab supporters as the oppressed, you do it either because you are ignorant of history, or you also have decided that Jews are not like you, and therefore you will also believe whatever the Palestinians tell you.

Up is now down. Red is now blue. That's what you believe.

The boot is on the face of those who send their own children to blow themselves up in order to kill an Israeli. The boot is on the face because of those who work with the other neighbors to try to destroy Israel, and kill Israeli children,and kill Israeli families. The boot is on the face because of those who have said that this path of killing and destruction and war on the Jewish people is what shall ever be.

And yet you wish to lecture on who is "humane".

Because Jews are not like you.

Thank God, we are not like you.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #46516 on: August 08, 2020, 09:54:13 AM »

Re: Sturgis -- only mitigation is there's some negative correlation between altitude,  wind speeds,  and rate of spread.   We've got enough altitude and wind to help reduce spread at the outdoor venues.   But yeah plenty of close contact in bars,  restaurants, groceries,  gear shops,  etc.   

The Lakota enjoyed those SD  venues,  too,  back in the day,  until we suddenly decided we were living there "peacefully" and then they got all crazy and weird and just hating on our goodness and democracy.   Just like those awful Palestinian thugs!   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46517 on: August 08, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »

Re; Sturgis

dumbfuckstock

250,000 selfish jerks

is this a mega-proxy for the Republican Convention?

I truly do not understand the level of self-defeating stupidity we seemingly are determined to top every day

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46518 on: August 08, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »

Re; Sturgis

dumbfuckstock

250,000 selfish jerks

I truly do not understand the level of self-defeating stupidity we seemingly are determined to top every day

Re: Sturgis

All these folks are gonna go home...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46519 on: August 08, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »

Israel has offered aid and support to Lebanon following Tuesday's devastating port explosion in Beirut, a quick turn of sentiment after a recent exchange of attacks with Lebanese militants along a tense border in recent days.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel was ready to provide medical and humanitarian assistance for a catastrophe that some initially suspected was caused by an Israeli strike. Israel has denied any role in the blast, and the investigation has focused on the unsafe storage of ammonium nitrate in a waterfront warehouse.

With at least 135 killed and thousands injured, Israeli officials said it was time to put aside hostilities and offer help to Israel’s northern neighbor.

“We have no fight with either the Lebanese people or the Iranian people, but with their governments,” Netanyahu said Wednesday in an appearance before Israel’s parliament.

barton will complain that they aren't doing enough, of course.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46520 on: August 08, 2020, 10:11:28 AM »

Re; Sturgis

dumbfuckstock

250,000 selfish jerks

Yep.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46521 on: August 08, 2020, 10:15:40 AM »

Biting the hand that feeds:
Trump antagonizes GOP megadonor Adelson in heated phone call
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-antagonizes-sheldon-adelson-phone-call-392688

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46522 on: August 08, 2020, 10:17:49 AM »

Re; Sturgis

dumbfuckstock

250,000 selfish jerks

yup,

STURGIS SUPER-SPREADER 2020

Dumbfuckstock

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46523 on: August 08, 2020, 10:27:43 AM »

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer traveled to Delaware last weekend for a private meeting with former Vice President and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, two Democratic officials confirmed to NBC News.

News of the meeting was first reported earlier Friday by The Associated Press, which said that the meeting was Biden's first known in-person session with a potential running mate.

The meeting lasted several hours, one of the two Democratic officials who confirmed the meeting said.

Biden had said he planned to make an announcement the first week in August, but aides later said that was unlikely. Whitmer declined to comment when asked about the meeting.

On Thursday, NBC News reported that Whitmer was among those still under serious consideration.

Source: NBC News

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46524 on: August 08, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/susan-rice-sells-netflix-shares-192743046.html

Susan Rice, the former national security advisor who is considered a strong contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate in the presidential election, has sold shares in Netflix worth $305,323.

Her exercising of options was completed on Wednesday, according to an SEC filing late Thursday. Rice has been on the Netflix board since May 2018.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46525 on: August 08, 2020, 11:05:46 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/susan-rice-sells-netflix-shares-192743046.html

Susan Rice, the former national security advisor who is considered a strong contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate in the presidential election, has sold shares in Netflix worth $305,323.

Her exercising of options was completed on Wednesday, according to an SEC filing late Thursday. Rice has been on the Netflix board since May 2018.

She’s rich.

So?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46526 on: August 08, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »

She’s rich.

So?

Not sure why you perceive information as an attack.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46527 on: August 08, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »

This would be more of an attack on Rice.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/07/progressives-alarmed-by-rices-vast-investments-392507

From the dogmatic left, of course.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46528 on: August 08, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-antagonizes-sheldon-adelson-phone-call-392688

Wait...

What happened to "I'm so rich, I don't need anybody's money to run a campaign" Trump?! Why does he need other billionaires to step up?!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46529 on: August 08, 2020, 11:35:09 AM »

Wait...

What happened to "I'm so rich, I don't need anybody's money to run a campaign" Trump?! Why does he need other billionaires to step up?!

Trump's got the Russian oligarchs and the deep pockets of mother Russia.

And they got Trump in their pocket.
Pages: 1 ... 3100 3101 [3102] 3103 3104 ... 4288