Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3101 3102 [3103] 3104 3105 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584229 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #46530 on: August 08, 2020, 11:41:03 AM »

Biting the hand that feeds:
Trump antagonizes GOP megadonor Adelson in heated phone call
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-antagonizes-sheldon-adelson-phone-call-392688

Wait...

What happened to "I'm so rich, I don't need anybody's money to run a campaign" Trump?! Why does he need other billionaires to step up?!

Trump's got the Russian oligarchs and the deep pockets of mother Russia.

And they got Trump in their pocket.

It's Russia vs China in the US election.

Think about it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46531 on: August 08, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/susan-rice-sells-netflix-shares-192743046.html

Susan Rice, the former national security advisor who is considered a strong contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate in the presidential election, has sold shares in Netflix worth $305,323.

Her exercising of options was completed on Wednesday, according to an SEC filing late Thursday. Rice has been on the Netflix board since May 2018.

She’s rich.

So?

Not sure why you perceive information as an attack.

Attack?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46532 on: August 08, 2020, 11:45:03 AM »

It alleges that the not-for profit organization violated New York state laws governing charities by diverting tens of millions of dollars away from the organization’s mission for the personal benefit of its leaders, with Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s Executive Vice President for the past 29 years, and three other officers named as defendants along with the organization itself. According to the complaint, LaPierre used NRA funds for eight private plane flights to the Bahamas, where they enjoyed life on the 107-foot yacht of an NRA vendor, as well as for safaris in Africa and elsewhere. The complaint also claims that LaPierre allotted millions of dollars for private security for himself without sufficient oversight (and cited “security” concerns to explain why he didn’t disclose those trips to the NRA’s board), that he spent $1.2 million of the group’s funds on gifts from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman for favored friends and vendors, and that he negotiated a post-employment contract for himself valued at $17 million without board approval.

‘Fraught With Fraud and Abuse’: NY Attorney General Sues to Dissolve the National Rifle Association

New York, like most states, requires non-profit organizations to file annual financial reports as a condition of its non-profit status, which confers tax benefits for the organization and its donors. The law requires funds to be used to serve the organization’s members and advance its charitable mission. The complaint alleges that the NRA’s leaders “blatantly ignored” those rules by failing to ensure proper internal controls, ignoring whistleblowers and concealing problems from auditors.

Like other cases of corruption, this easily could have been framed as a criminal case. Filing false registration and disclosure documents as part of a scheme to defraud can serve as the basis for federal mail or wire fraud, and often does in public corruption cases. When I served as a federal prosecutor, my former office brought public corruption cases on such theories in similar cases in which officials misused funds for personal benefit. Why then, is it left to James, whose office’s oversight over charities is civil in nature, to bring this action? The silence of the U.S. Department of Justice here is deafening.

But the effect of the state attorney general’s civil case might be even more devastating than a criminal case because one of the remedies of her action is dissolution of the NRA itself. She used the same tactics to dissolve the Trump Foundation in November. There, she reached a settlement with President Donald Trump and family members to pay $2 million to resolve allegations of misuse of charitable funds to influence the 2016 presidential primary election and to further his own personal interests. Among the improper use of funds was doling out $500,000 to potential voters at a 2016 campaign rally in Iowa. As part of that settlement, James required Trump to personally admit to misusing the Foundation’s funds. Sometimes, parties to settlements are permitted to publicly state that a resolution is not an admission of wrongdoing. James would not let them off so easily. Her success in the Trump Foundation case puts teeth into her legal quest to dissolve the NRA as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/real-reason-york-attorney-general-224915491.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46533 on: August 08, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/susan-rice-sells-netflix-shares-192743046.html

Susan Rice, the former national security advisor who is considered a strong contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate in the presidential election, has sold shares in Netflix worth $305,323.

Her exercising of options was completed on Wednesday, according to an SEC filing late Thursday. Rice has been on the Netflix board since May 2018.

She’s rich.

So?

Attack?

And now the denial.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46534 on: August 08, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »

Biting the hand that feeds:
Trump antagonizes GOP megadonor Adelson in heated phone call
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-antagonizes-sheldon-adelson-phone-call-392688

Wait...

What happened to "I'm so rich, I don't need anybody's money to run a campaign" Trump?! Why does he need other billionaires to step up?!

Trump's got the Russian oligarchs and the deep pockets of mother Russia.

And they got Trump in their pocket.

It's Russia vs China in the US election.

Think about it.

I do.

I remember when we were the Grand Master of the geopolitc chess game, now we have been reduced to being mere pawns in other's games.

Trump has brought so much damage to this country's global power, prestige and influence through his corruption and incompetence, at best it will take years to repair the damage he has caused.

its fucking extraordinary.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46535 on: August 08, 2020, 11:53:00 AM »

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/national-international/pompeo-rejects-congress-subpoenas-for-ig-biden-probe-info/2174027/

"WE are the party of LAW AND ORDER.

"We ORDER you to obey the LAW, but we are going to ignore it."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46536 on: August 08, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »

Per Fox News -

Joe Biden has picked his running mate.

barton

« Reply #46537 on: August 08, 2020, 12:03:22 PM »

The biker rebel mentality prevails today.   From the wire service....

Many who rode their bikes into Sturgis on Friday expressed defiance at the rules and restrictions that have marked life in many locales during the pandemic. People rode from across the country to a state that offered a reprieve from coronavirus restrictions, as South Dakota has no special limits on indoor crowds, no mask mandates and a governor who is eager to welcome visitors and the money they bring.

“Screw COVID,” read the design on one T-shirt being hawked. “I went to Sturgis.”

Bikers rumbled past hundreds of tents filled with motorcycle gear, T-shirts and food. Harley Davidson motorcycles were everywhere but masks were almost nowhere to be seen, with an Associated Press reporter counting fewer than 10 in a crowd of thousands over a period of several hours.

For Stephen Sample, who rode his Harley from Arizona, the event was a break from the routine of the last several months, when he’s been mostly homebound or wearing a mask when he went to work as a surveyor.

“I don’t want to die, but I don’t want to be cooped up all my life either,” he said.

Still, Sample, who is 66, feared what could happen if he caught COVID-19 at the rally. He said he was trying to avoid indoor bars and venues, where he felt the risk of infection was greater. But on the opening day of the rally, he said he ate breakfast at an indoor diner.

As Sample weighed the risks of navigating the crowds, the same thrill-seeking that attracted him to riding motorcycles seemed to win out.

“I think we’re all willing to take a chance,” he said....   

Stephen "Stool" Sample does seem fairly typical.   Watch out,  BOZ,  he's coming back to Arizona.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46538 on: August 08, 2020, 12:07:03 PM »

She’s rich.

So?

Attack?

And now the denial.

Bruh...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46539 on: August 08, 2020, 12:11:56 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #46540 on: August 08, 2020, 12:26:43 PM »

60% of the residents wanted the motorcycle rally canceled.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46541 on: August 08, 2020, 12:39:33 PM »

She’s rich.

So?

Attack?

And now the denial.
No, that was your previous post.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #46542 on: August 08, 2020, 12:41:50 PM »

The biker rebel mentality prevails today.   From the wire service....

Many who rode their bikes into Sturgis on Friday expressed defiance at the rules and restrictions that have marked life in many locales during the pandemic. People rode from across the country to a state that offered a reprieve from coronavirus restrictions, as South Dakota has no special limits on indoor crowds, no mask mandates and a governor who is eager to welcome visitors and the money they bring.

“Screw COVID,” read the design on one T-shirt being hawked. “I went to Sturgis.”

Bikers rumbled past hundreds of tents filled with motorcycle gear, T-shirts and food. Harley Davidson motorcycles were everywhere but masks were almost nowhere to be seen, with an Associated Press reporter counting fewer than 10 in a crowd of thousands over a period of several hours.

For Stephen Sample, who rode his Harley from Arizona, the event was a break from the routine of the last several months, when he’s been mostly homebound or wearing a mask when he went to work as a surveyor.

“I don’t want to die, but I don’t want to be cooped up all my life either,” he said.

Still, Sample, who is 66, feared what could happen if he caught COVID-19 at the rally. He said he was trying to avoid indoor bars and venues, where he felt the risk of infection was greater. But on the opening day of the rally, he said he ate breakfast at an indoor diner.

As Sample weighed the risks of navigating the crowds, the same thrill-seeking that attracted him to riding motorcycles seemed to win out.

“I think we’re all willing to take a chance,” he said....   

Stephen "Stool" Sample does seem fairly typical.   Watch out,  BOZ,  he's coming back to Arizona.

Small Sample size.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #46543 on: August 08, 2020, 01:42:21 PM »

So you have a house ...

You forgot to mention that it was the other guy's house to begin with.
But that you used to live there a few thousand years ago ...

So they buy into the false notion that the aggressor is the oppressed and that defender is the oppressor.

I'd venture to guess that the fellers with full riot gear, high tech weaponry, plus a state (and a superpower) backing them are oppressors and the stateless folks with rocks and knives are the oppressed.  But that's probably just my bias.

This isn't the 1950's or even 1970's.  Israel today isn't the heroic plucky little newcomer, but has morphed into a wealthy occupier with nuclear weapons and US backing.  There is no existential threat, despite whatever rhetoric Bhargouthi employs.  And for you to pretend otherwise is simply fraudulent.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #46544 on: August 08, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »

Per Fox News -

Joe Biden has picked his running mate.

You pick your friends and you can pick your running mate, but you can't pick your friend's running mate.

Boy, Kid, such heart stopping news.
Pages: 1 ... 3101 3102 [3103] 3104 3105 ... 4288