Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3134 3135 [3136] 3137 3138 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583738 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47025 on: August 12, 2020, 10:59:23 PM »

On my tv all day yesterday was shown vidoeo of Mr Biden an Ms Harris disagreeing angrily in raised voice with each other.

Which tells us you are watching biased television, in case we didn't already know.

No...well yes, I guess, ..msm would never show it.
It happened though, there on camera for all to see.

Yes.

It's just such a small part of the story - if they did the same thing with every contentious thing anybody said about Donald Trump before they went to his side, it would take a couple weeks to air it.

But they didn't.

And that is what makes it biased.

BTW, MSN and other stations played the interchanges between Biden and Harris and have been for weeks. Just not either continuously or exclusively.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47026 on: August 12, 2020, 11:04:42 PM »

On my tv all day yesterday was shown vidoeo of Mr Biden an Ms Harris disagreeing angrily in raised voice with each other.

Which tells us you are watching biased television, in case we didn't already know.

No...well yes, I guess, ..msm would never show it.
Except they did and do. In context.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47027 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:44 PM »

From MSN a couple weeks ago:
Harris on tense debate with Biden: 'That's politics' - MSN.comwww.msn.com › en-us › news › harris-on-tense-debate-...
Jul 27, 2020

From MSN in the last 24 hours:
One of the standout moments of her campaign came at the expense of Biden. During a June 2019 Democratic debate, she said Biden made "very hurtful" comments about his past work with segregationist senators and slammed his opposition to busing as schools began to integrate in the 1970s.

"There was a little girl in California who was a part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day," she said. "And that little girl was me."

Shaken by the attack, Biden called her comments "a mischaracterization of my position."

But unlike your TV, they didn't stop in July of 2019.

But Biden and Harris have since returned to a warm relationship.

"Senator Harris has the capacity to be anything she wants to be. I mean it sincerely," Biden said in December shortly after Harris ended her presidential bid. "She is solid. She can be president someday herself. She can be the vice president. She can go on to be a Supreme Court justice. She can be an attorney general. I mean, she has enormous capability."

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47028 on: August 12, 2020, 11:48:43 PM »

The big question for me is;

Does she know anything about Australia?
...and if elected President, er...Vice President...what will her position on Australia be?

Her position on China and the South China Sea?
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47029 on: August 12, 2020, 11:53:31 PM »

Harris on tense debate with Biden: 'That's politics' - MSN.comwww.msn.com › en-us › news › harris-on-tense-debate-...
Jul 27, 2020

One of the standout moments of her campaign came at the expense of Biden. During a June 2019 Democratic debate, she said Biden made "very hurtful" comments about his past work with segregationist senators and slammed his opposition to busing as schools began to integrate in the 1970s.

"There was a little girl in California who was a part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day," she said. "And that little girl was me."

Shaken by the attack, Biden called her comments "a mischaracterization of my position."

"Senator Harris has the capacity to be anything she wants to be. I mean it sincerely," Biden said in December shortly after Harris ended her presidential bid. "She is solid. She can be president someday herself. She can be the vice president. She can go on to be a Supreme Court justice. She can be an attorney general. I mean, she has enormous capability."
LOL,!
Harris’ run for President was met by a avalanche of democrats who could have cared less.
Same for Biden’s multiple runs until the party decided Sleepy Joe was its only alternative to joining the Whigs in ignominy.
Now the race is Trump’s to lose 

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47030 on: August 13, 2020, 12:13:20 AM »

Jul 27, 2020

LOL,!
Harris’ run for President was met by a avalanche of democrats who could have cared less.
Same for Biden’s multiple runs until the party decided Sleepy Joe was its only alternative to joining the Whigs in ignominy.

The change was not Whigs, but COVID-19, Ward.

And the person who made Biden a candidate was Trump, himself, and his utter incompetence at leadership in handling the pandemic.

Without him, I don't know who would have won.

And I agree. Harris's run, with a very brief window of exception, was met with apathy. Ditto most of the campaigns by most Democrats. (See also: 2016 GOP, 1988 Dems, and many contests before or in the middle.)

But your point means that the GOP's efforts to try to cause trouble by harkening back to this or that are laughable.

Harris is one of a dozen or so folks in the Party who would be good presidents, whether or not they were or would have been good candidates. Not a one of them would have put up with the insults that Cruz, Rubio, Christie, Graham, or Romney endured prior to their bending the knee to Trump in complete swallowing of their pride, not for a principled stand, but for potential positions in the administration that none of them got.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47031 on: August 13, 2020, 12:28:26 AM »

According to an SF Weekly report from 2009, “The cops, in turn, argue that District Attorney Kamala Harris, a striver and candidate for Attorney General, is loath to take difficult cases lest she blemish her political future with an embarrassing loss.”

OUCH.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/kamala-harris-vp-pick-biden-justin-haskins

That translates to:

“Your case is weak. You’ve no evidence and your only witness is a  CI who will say anything to get a rock.”

“Yeah, I know the little bastard did something, you just can’t show me how he’s the  one who did that!”

Cops always whine when they can’t get paid to sit around the court.

I've been enjoying the responses of the poor conflicted GOP folks:

1) She was too hard on criminals!

2) She was too much of a reformer of criminal justice!

3) She wouldn't take on hard cases.

4) She was too aggressive in handling cases!

I keep waiting for them to break into "Tastes great!" "Less filling!" and then "Eat Shit!" and "Fuck you!"
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47032 on: August 13, 2020, 12:31:13 AM »

Jul 27, 2020

LOL,!

Don’t you ever tire of being so loud wrong?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #47033 on: August 13, 2020, 01:02:13 AM »

It dragged down the overall Trump brand, overall

Truly it didn't

He's the fucking POTUS.

blagodarya khoroshey pomoshchi

Ochen zabavno!   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47034 on: August 13, 2020, 02:21:00 AM »

Red bathes in the slime of a machine that needs him to think that despite around 1500 Americans dying a day and at least 1,000,000 jobs being destroyed every week the crap crew is somehow going to get a second run and extended chance to further destroy America.

He’s smoking Kiid’s crack pipe again. It’s neither pleasant nor convincing as dialogue, but the noises Red makes when he’s down and broken bode very well for The United States.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47035 on: August 13, 2020, 07:59:22 AM »

Red bathes in the slime of a machine that needs him to think that despite around 1500 Americans dying a day and at least 1,000,000 jobs being destroyed every week the crap crew is somehow going to get a second run and extended chance to further destroy America.

He’s smoking Kiid’s crack pipe again. It’s neither pleasant nor convincing as dialogue, but the noises Red makes when he’s down and broken bode very well for The United States.
I think it is hilarious that the worst thing the right wing pro Trump web sites Red gets all of arguments and almost all of his words from can come up with to denigrate Harris is that she never gained traction in a crowded Democratic presidential field.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

luee

• View Profile
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #47037 on: August 13, 2020, 09:01:16 AM »

I think it is hilarious that the worst thing the right wing pro Trump web sites Red gets all of arguments and almost all of his words from can come up with to denigrate Harris is that she never gained traction in a crowded Democratic presidential field.

It's pretty funny.   His best hope is to poach some overzealous prosecutor of truancy critiques from the Left and pretend again he's joined the Left in caring about single parents of truant children. 

barton

« Reply #47038 on: August 13, 2020, 09:58:04 AM »

A Florida Sheriff Has Ordered His Deputies Not to Wear Masks

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/us/fl-sheriff-billy-woods-bans-masks.html

Non-science idiots need to be defunded.

Yep.   Here's a non paywalled link to this crazy story....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-sheriff-billy-woods-bands-deputies-wearing-face-masks-marion-county/

Now, I can already hear the whining and just so you know I did not make this decision easily and I have weighed it out for the past 2 weeks," he wrote. "We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn't."

"Professionals"??  Professional what?   Barley growers?   Accordion restorers?  Like this twit actually consulted with virologists and epidemiologists.   How has this lying shitbag been entrusted with protecting the public? 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47039 on: August 13, 2020, 10:25:20 AM »

Because of Harris?  Really? 

Awfully bold to declare Trump in the drivers seat considering national and swing state polling that shows Biden as a solid favorite, not to mention the fact that Trump has been unpopular to a historic degree all throughout his "presidency."   But an entirely sensible choice for VP is going to create a six point swing in Trumps favor, I guess...

Trumpers like REDSTATEWARD should be confident, so long as there isn't some disaster, like Trump totally mishandling a pandemic that leads to 200,000 preventable deaths.  He should be good to go, as long as nothing like that happens.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 3134 3135 [3136] 3137 3138 ... 4288