Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3142 3143 [3144] 3145 3146 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603470 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47146 on: August 14, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »

https://t.co/hLi3NybaYD?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR1DyaUvezWFyYL9lh5D0oVAfJfy5GcxtM0XdhvGwvEaDufgDL18zH2yHi8

Mailboxes removed in NYC

Just the main man embracing cancel culture.

And you can't tell the difference between disabling a governmental agency facility and boycotting a food store or song.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47147 on: August 14, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »

Why?

Because they must be stopped from cancelling everything just because they don't like them...and they want to change society into their version of it.
First They Came...
...then they came for me.
They've already come for me...trying to cancel me...White, heterosexual, (Christian or not) male ...me.
How are "they" canceling you? And while  "the first they came for..."  line has long become a cliche I think we can agree that it was used about far more important matters than your perceived inability to listen to "Sweet Home Alabama" anymore.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:02:41 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47148 on: August 14, 2020, 05:04:14 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/14/jared-kushner-mail-in-voting-us-election-usps-amanpour-intv-vpx.cnn

Jared callls Trump out for posturing

"He's doing everything he can to make sure they have the resources they need."

Lie.  He is actively denying them resources.  And has stated explicitly that he is doing so to stop mail-in voting.

"Mail-in voting is unproven, and they don't have the infrastructure set up to run it."

Lie.  Every state in the union uses mail-in voting, and it has proven to be secure.

"There are a lot of examples where this is ripe with abuse and fraud."

Provide them, or you are lying.

Its crystal fucking clear what is happening here; Trump knows full well his voters are more likely to vote in person than Biden's, in part because they believe the lies he is telling them regarding the dangers of COVID.  So he is gaming the election by effectively eliminating mail-in voting as a means of casting a ballot.

Today the Postal Service (run by a Trump donor) has told 47 States that all ballots can not be delivered on time for them to be counted.  This effectively kills it for any voter that wants their vote to be counted.

So now the choice facing voters is risk getting sick by voting in person, or risk your vote not being counted if you send it by mail.  And that is exactly the choice Trump wants voters to make because he knows their facing it favors his reelection chances.

Its fucking disgusting.

And yeah, Kushner is a dirt-bag.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47149 on: August 14, 2020, 05:10:08 PM »

http://www.theweek.com/articles/931090/are-bread-riots-coming-america

That is horrible.
No shortage of money for space ships to Mars though.

It's ridiculous that Americans are forced to live like that.
Ridiculous, disgraceful, and pathetic.

People whose families have fought in far too many wars to save the free world from enslavement ... reduced to poverty and starvation.
It's a total outrage.

August 15 ... 75th Anniversary of Japan's surrender in WW2.
Australia remembers today...celebrates, honours, cries for their people killed and tortured to death.
Remembers the horror of being bombed in 64 raids over 18 months, young men dying in death marches in Asia, and along Kokoda Track in PNG.

Saved by America/ns, make no mistake.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:48:01 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47150 on: August 14, 2020, 05:18:00 PM »

https://t.co/hLi3NybaYD?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR1DyaUvezWFyYL9lh5D0oVAfJfy5GcxtM0XdhvGwvEaDufgDL18zH2yHi8

Mailboxes removed in NYC

Just the main man embracing cancel culture.

And you can't tell the difference between disabling a governmental agency facility and boycotting a food store or song.

Trump has been taught well...if you don't like someone, something...just cancel them/it.
Don't like the NBA commentator's "All lives matter" response to a question, have him sacked...cancelled.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47151 on: August 14, 2020, 05:20:53 PM »

Why?

Because they must be stopped from cancelling everything just because they don't like them...and they want to change society into their version of it.
First They Came...
They've already come for me...trying to cancel me...White, heterosexual, (Christian or not) male ...me.

Cue music:

“Destroyer”  by the Kinks
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47152 on: August 14, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/14/jared-kushner-mail-in-voting-us-election-usps-amanpour-intv-vpx.cnn

Jared callls Trump out for posturing

Jared should be basking in the glow of the Mid East deal but his father in law dropped trou and took a shit in the press room
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47153 on: August 14, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »

Why?

First They Came...
How are "they" canceling you? And while  "the first they came for..."  line has long become a cliche I think we can agree that it was used about far more important matters than your perceived inability to listen to "Sweet Home Alabama" anymore.

Even the band got rid of the flag years ago.

“Sweet Home Alabama” is always on my road trip playlist.

I do despise “Freebird.”

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47154 on: August 14, 2020, 05:44:37 PM »

Why?

First They Came...

2008 bambuland
"Discrimination against White males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities."
In Victoria state they passed laws in the parliament.   (30% of Australians were born overseas.)
The outrage broadcast nationwide on talk radio, that was about the time the gender, cultural, and employment 'wars' started.
Sounded great to the 'feminazis' etc, until many of them thought, "hang on a minute, I have a young White male son, and a White male husband".

The cancel lot seem to want White males gone or at least sitting under the table only getting the crumbs.

Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47155 on: August 14, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »

:'(
Why?

First They Came...

2008 bambuland
"Discrimination against White males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities."
In Victoria state they passed laws in the parliament.   (30% of Australians were born overseas.)
The outrage broadcast nationwide on talk radio, that was about the time the gender, cultural, and employment 'wars' started.
Sounded great to the 'feminazis' etc, until many of them thought, "hang on a minute, I have a young White male son, and a White male husband".

The cancel lot seem to want White males gone or at least sitting under the table only getting the crumbs.
Where is the quote at the top of your post from?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47156 on: August 14, 2020, 06:04:31 PM »

"We will not be replaced"  - flaming torches held high by marchers at Charlottesville.

They will be, if the cancel crowd get their way.

They're trying to cancel "Captain Cook" downunder (and worldwide).
He of "Botany Bay" fame, where a monument to where he first stepped ashore stands tall.
He, who "discovered Australia",  in 1770.
Black Australia takes umbrage..."We've been here for 60,000 years."
The last one to deface a Cook monument was a Chinese woman....in Sydney.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:35:47 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47157 on: August 14, 2020, 06:29:33 PM »

:'(
Why?

First They Came...

2008 bambuland

Where is the quote at the top of your post from?

Newspaper in Vic State...Herald Sun if I remember correctly.
Then went to News Ltd papers.

I just Googled:

"Discrimination against white males will soon be encouraged"

The whole newspaper article is there... the "women and cultural and religious minorities" bit is in the first paragraph.
It includes "disabled",  who were/are being employed increasingly anyway.

Go woke, go broke.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47158 on: August 14, 2020, 06:32:08 PM »

Well... Phil is doing his part

Every NJ registered voter to get a mail-in.

I should be getting three.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47159 on: August 14, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »

Forgive my ignorance...

If you vote by mail but then also show at the polling place - who catches this?
Pages: 1 ... 3142 3143 [3144] 3145 3146 ... 4288