Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3143 3144 [3145] 3146 3147 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583752 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47160 on: August 14, 2020, 06:46:06 PM »

Donald Trump is trying to take out the knee-cap of the United States Postal Service, he needs to have his head examined.

Then he said that absentee ballots are fine, but not mail in ballots, and the absentee ballots ARE mail in ballots.

I have been doing absentee ballots as long as I have been old enough to vote, and I plan to continue to do the absentee ballots.

And the United States Postal Service is great, they do a fantastic job, and they can handle the ballots just like they do for every election.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #47161 on: August 14, 2020, 06:49:23 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47163 on: August 14, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »

Forgive my ignorance...

If you vote by mail but then also show at the polling place - who catches this?

Boris Badenov, head of foreign dirty tricks at the GRU

barton

« Reply #47164 on: August 14, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »

Donald Trump is trying to take out the knee-cap of the United States Postal Service, he needs to have his head examined.

Then he said that absentee ballots are fine, but not mail in ballots, and the absentee ballots ARE mail in ballots.

I have been doing absentee ballots as long as I have been old enough to vote, and I plan to continue to do the absentee ballots.

And the United States Postal Service is great, they do a fantastic job, and they can handle the ballots just like they do for every election....

Not if the PMG cuts overtime pay and staffing,  and also removes automated sorting machines.   And is a big Trump campaign donor.   The corruption is really bad right now.   Congress needs to act asap.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47165 on: August 14, 2020, 07:00:40 PM »

And the United States Postal Service is great, they do a fantastic job, and they can handle the ballots just like they do for every election.

Salute,

Tony V.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds, but a fucking traitor in the White House actively sabotaging our sworn oath to serve Americans is a whole different natural disaster. "

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47166 on: August 14, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »

Unnatural disaster, but otherwise right on point.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47167 on: August 14, 2020, 07:14:57 PM »

:'(
Why?

Because they must be stopped from cancelling everything just because they don't like them...and they want to change society into their version of it.
First They Came...
...then they came for me.
They've already come for me...trying to cancel me...White, heterosexual, (Christian or not) male ...me.
How are "they" canceling you? And while  "the first they came for..."  line has long become a cliche I think we can agree that it was used about far more important matters than your perceived inability to listen to "Sweet Home Alabama" anymore.

2008 bambuland
"Discrimination against White males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities."
In Victoria state they passed laws in the parliament.   (30% of Australians were born overseas.)
The outrage broadcast nationwide on talk radio, that was about the time the gender, cultural, and employment 'wars' started.
Sounded great to the 'feminazis' etc, until many of them thought, "hang on a minute, I have a young White male son, and a White male husband".

The cancel lot seem to want White males gone or at least sitting under the table only getting the crumbs.
Where is the quote at the top of your post from?

https://www.news.com.au/news/white-men-can-go-jump/news-story/98b5ec7fc83f0b845a1623d274ed58ec?sv=60e1072c78dacffefe6128d6717b2127

Discrimination against white males will soon be encouraged.

Discrimination against dominant white males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women, the disabled and cultural and religious minorities.

Susie O'Brien
September 17, 2009

DISCRIMINATION against dominant white males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women, the disabled and cultural and religious minorities.

Such positive discrimination -- treating people differently in order to obtain equality for marginalised groups - is set to be legalised under planned changes to the Equal Opportunity Act foreshadowed last week by state Attorney-General Rob Hulls.

The laws are also expected to protect the rights of people with criminal records to get a job, as long as their past misdeeds are irrelevant to work being sought.
Equal Opportunity Commission CEO Dr Helen Szoke said males had "been the big success story in business and goods and services".

"Clearly, they will have their position changed because they will be competing in a different way with these people who have been traditionally marginalised," she said.
"Let's open it up so everyone can have a fair go."

Victoria's peak business body expressed concern yesterday about the need for the proposed laws, and questioned if they would undermine the right of companies to make legitimate business decisions.
At present, individuals or bodies wanting to single out any race or gender for special treatment must gain an exemption from VCAT.

Companies and public bodies accused of discrimination can only be held to account after a complaint has been made.
But the proposed changes go much further, allowing the commission to inquire into discrimination, seize documents and search and enter premises after attempts to bring about change have failed.

Businesses and individuals would be required to change their ways even if a complaint had not been received.
The commission would also have real teeth to enforce its rulings via VCAT and, as a last resort, in the courts.

The changes, shown in a Department of Justice report by former public advocate Julian Gardner, would also:
EDUCATE people so they know their rights.

GIVE more protection to people with disabilities, requiring companies and public entities to reasonably accommodate their needs.
GRANT the homeless and people who act as volunteers better protection from discrimination.

Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry workplace general manager David Gregory said business supported the objectives of equal opportunity legislation.
"But I am concerned and curious about whether these changes mean the commission can second-guess the legitimate business decisions of individual businesses," he said.

The first raft of changes to the Equal Opportunity Act were introduced into Parliament last week.

Originally published as White men can go jump.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 07:49:19 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47168 on: August 14, 2020, 07:34:17 PM »

Why?

Because they must be stopped from cancelling everything just because they don't like them...and they want to change society into their version of it.
First They Came...
...then they came for me.
They've already come for me...trying to cancel me...White, heterosexual, (Christian or not) male ...me.
How are "they" canceling you? And while  "the first they came for..."  line has long become a cliche I think we can agree that it was used about far more important matters than your perceived inability to listen to "Sweet Home Alabama" anymore.

Indeed.
However, cancelling me and others 'they' don't like, off into homelessness, poverty and 'starvation' is an important matter.
It must not be allowed, and fought against at every opportunity.
What next, less pension for White males?
"They" have already put out into the public domain..."Boomers should be paying more".
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 07:48:05 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47169 on: August 14, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »

https://t.co/hLi3NybaYD?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR1DyaUvezWFyYL9lh5D0oVAfJfy5GcxtM0XdhvGwvEaDufgDL18zH2yHi8

Mailboxes removed in NYC

Just the main man embracing cancel culture.

And you can't tell the difference between disabling a governmental agency facility and boycotting a food store or song.

Trump has been taught well...if you don't like someone, something...just cancel them/it.
Don't like the NBA commentator's "All lives matter" response to a question, have him sacked...cancelled.

Fool.

Trump has functioned that way far longer than he has been in politics.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47170 on: August 14, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »

Forgive my ignorance...

Board of Elections.

Your registration record will show the two votes and you will need a lawyer.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47171 on: August 14, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »

https://t.co/hLi3NybaYD?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR1DyaUvezWFyYL9lh5D0oVAfJfy5GcxtM0XdhvGwvEaDufgDL18zH2yHi8

Mailboxes removed in NYC

And you can't tell the difference between disabling a governmental agency facility and boycotting a food store or song.

Trump has been taught well...if you don't like someone, something...just cancel them/it.
Don't like the NBA commentator's "All lives matter" response to a question, have him sacked...cancelled.

Fool.

When you, are an officer in the 'cancel' army, you can hardly complain about what he's doing.
Go woke, go broke.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47172 on: August 14, 2020, 08:40:03 PM »

Mailboxes removed in NYC

Fool.

When you, are an officer in the 'cancel' army, you can hardly complain about what he's doing.

When I, am an officer in the 'grammar' army, I can complain about your sentence structure.

And bullshit to what you seem to be trying to say.

Anything I am doing of that sort or that anybody in what you call cancel culture is doing, is so far from what Trump is doing in terms of legality and ethics as to be an absurd comparison for you to make.

HE KILLS PEOPLE.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47173 on: August 14, 2020, 08:49:40 PM »

https://www.wsls.com/news/politics/2020/08/14/9th-circuit-ends-california-ban-on-high-capacity-magazines/

I doubt this will survive an appeal to the entire panel, but the Bush and Trump judges won this 2-1 decision.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47174 on: August 14, 2020, 09:03:31 PM »

Forgive my ignorance...

Board of Elections.

Your registration record will show the two votes and you will need a lawyer.

I voted by mail for the first time in my life about a month ago in the NJ primary, mostly as a test run to see what to expect in November, as that seemed the way I would be voting post Trumpdemic.

The safeguards as I recall were two-fold, there is a barcode that IDed the ballot, and a signature required for matching with the sig on file. I assume once that barcode is scanned, much like a ticket purchaesd on Stub Hub any other ticket (ballot) is then null and void, and in the case of an election, red-flagged for further investigation.

Pages: 1 ... 3143 3144 [3145] 3146 3147 ... 4288