Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3162 3163 [3164] 3165 3166 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007233 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47445 on: August 17, 2020, 12:43:14 PM »

But if you feel threatened, I am sorry. I will ask Kid to not use that phrase at you again.

If you read somewhere in my posts that I felt threatened by the phrase, you need to read better.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47446 on: August 17, 2020, 12:47:49 PM »

About those postal sorting machine removals:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/usps-documents-sorting-machine-removal-order/index.html

Sounds like most of them had been scheduled to be removed by the end of last month.

But not all.
LOL!
Never pass up an opportunity to foster a conspiracy theory.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47447 on: August 17, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »

I read it as Josh did, kid was trying to be funny and played off of his card line.

Instead of "dealt with" which has as a threatening overtone, he could have gone with

you're a joker

you're a deuce

you're a bleeding queen of hearts liberal

but he wasn't going with calling you Ace.

nor do I think he was going to club you

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47448 on: August 17, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/usps-documents-sorting-machine-removal-order/index.html

Sounds like most of them had been scheduled to be removed by the end of last month.

But not all.
LOL!

I remebmer being taught as a kid that screwing with the US mail is a federal  crime. 

I bet Red was taught that too.

Today its a major element of Trump's re-election campaign.

barton

« Reply #47449 on: August 17, 2020, 01:04:34 PM »

But not all.
LOL!

I think it's open to question as to how much effect that measure has.  But it doesn't distract me from the more overt (as in, not a conspiracy, but an open attack) attempt to eliminate staffing hours in a way that will make it hard to handle sudden upticks in ballot mail.  You have already strewn a bucket of red herrings around that pressing matter, so I won't repeat the same points again.  The only "efficiency" most Americans care about is their mail gets delivered, promptly and intact.  Tell Mitch to bring to the floor the HB that ends the budget-busting prepaid pension thing, and promote it as a bipartisan good.  And tell your Congress folk to let DeJoy know that he needs to boost staffing and/or overtime pay, for November 3 and previous weeks, so that the federal government can do its job and help the states make mail voting work for everyone. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #47450 on: August 17, 2020, 01:16:17 PM »

Wind now meets 15% of the EU’s power demand on average and much more in many countries:
Denmark 48%; Ireland 33%; Portugal 27%; Germany 26%; Spain 21%.

Electricity is only 24% of Europe’s energy mix today. Ramping up to more than 60% by 2050 is realistic and affordable.

Wind energy is a key part of Europe’s industrial base. The business of producing, installing and operating wind turbines supports over 300,000 quality high-skilled jobs, generates €60bn pa turnover and €25bn new investments pa. The European wind industry exports €8bn pa in technology and services. Half of all the wind power installed globally comes from turbines made by European companies.

https://windeurope.org/about-wind/wind-energy-today/

Europe isn't the best place for solar, being relatively small and cold.
But Australia and parts of the US and deserts in general are great places for solar as they are sunny and empty stretches of unused land.

Between hydro-power, solar and wind, coal should be phased out completely and other petroleum greatly reduced over time.

Not sure what health harms you see from wind turbines, but burning fossil fuels definitely pollutes the air and harms people's health (+ damages the environment).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47451 on: August 17, 2020, 01:27:22 PM »

I read it as Josh did, kid was trying to be funny and played off of his card line.

Instead of "dealt with" which has as a threatening overtone, he could have gone with

you're a joker

you're a deuce

It’s as if you’ve seen Roxanne.

Kiid’s “quip” was more threat than pun, the weakling’s version of shit talk, the puppet imitating the puppet imitating his master. It’s really just a sign of Kiid’s further mental decline and Needs already said he’s not worried about it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47452 on: August 17, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »

From the above article:

This may turn out to be the year that oil giants, especially in Europe, started looking more like electric companies.

Late last month, Royal Dutch Shell won a deal to build a vast wind farm off the coast of the Netherlands. Earlier in the year, France’s Total, which owns a battery maker, agreed to make several large investments in solar power in Spain and a wind farm off Scotland. Total also bought an electric and natural gas utility in Spain and is joining Shell and BP in expanding its electric vehicle charging business.

At the same time, the companies are ditching plans to drill more wells as they chop back capital budgets. Shell recently said it would delay new fields in the Gulf of Mexico and in the North Sea, while BP has promised not to hunt for oil in any new countries.

Prodded by governments and investors to address climate change concerns about their products, Europe’s oil companies are accelerating their production of cleaner energy — usually electricity, sometimes hydrogen — and promoting natural gas, which they argue can be a cleaner transition fuel from coal and oil to renewables.

For some executives, the sudden plunge in demand for oil caused by the pandemic — and the accompanying collapse in earnings — is another warning that unless they change the composition of their businesses, they risk being dinosaurs headed for extinction.

This evolving vision is more striking because it is shared by many longtime veterans of the oil business....

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47453 on: August 17, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »

you're a joker

you're a deuce

It’s as if you’ve seen Roxanne.

Kiid’s “quip” was more threat than pun, the weakling’s version of shit talk, the puppet imitating the puppet imitating his master. It’s really just a sign of Kiid’s further mental decline and Needs already said he’s not worried about it.

Roxanne-really liked that movie, and that bar scene where Martin rattles off 20 put downs is a great scene.

He really Trumped the guy's nose joke

heh

gotta stay on topic

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #47454 on: August 17, 2020, 01:43:48 PM »

As electricity becomes cleaner and greener, you want to increasingly shift your energy profile to electricity, which is what much of the push for electric vehicles is all about.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47455 on: August 17, 2020, 02:24:16 PM »

But not all.
LOL!

I think it's open to question as to how much effect that measure has.
It comes as a shock to you that a business with a huge decrease in demands for its services decides to cut costs by eliminating high cost machines?
Your biggest problem is you don’t understand our 50 state election process. It is the job of election officials to educate themselves on common sense. Asking the USPS to process absentee ballot requests on the Friday before a Tuesday election  and expecting the voter to get their ballot back to be counted within five days(one of which is Sunday) is begging for trouble.
The post office doesn’t need tons of extra help nor more machines it needs more TIME to process the ballots 

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 02:26:01 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47456 on: August 17, 2020, 02:52:12 PM »

But not all.
LOL!

I think it's open to question as to how much effect that measure has.
It comes as a shock to you that a business with a huge decrease in demands for its services decides to cut costs by eliminating high cost machines?
Your biggest problem is you don’t understand our 50 state election process. It is the job of election officials to educate themselves on common sense. Asking the USPS to process absentee ballot requests on the Friday before a Tuesday election  and expecting the voter to get their ballot back to be counted within five days(one of which is Sunday) is begging for trouble.
The post office doesn’t need tons of extra help nor more machines it needs more TIME to process the ballots 

Red is giving kid a hard run for Elba's village idiot.

And kid is a 12-time defending champ.

The bolded statement might be the singularly dumbest and misinformed thought on business strategy ever posted in Elba, and there has been tons of it. .

Now companies may delay capex to reduce expenses and conserve capital, but they do not shit-can highly automated machines presumably paid for and most likely fully depreciated (that means no depreciation charge against income Red) that perform functions at a fraction of the cost and multiples of the speed that human labor will presumably perform the same task.

Red machines generally are more efficient than people at most repetitive tasks, like sorting billions of pieces of mail in a timely manner.

Congrasts Red you are truly a fucking idiot.

I look forward to future Red talks on the 50 state election laws with which he no doubt is an expert on.

Just more 3-card Donnie from Red.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 02:54:57 PM by bankshot1 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47457 on: August 17, 2020, 03:05:40 PM »

Now companies may delay capex to reduce expenses and conserve capital, but they do not shit-can highly automated machines presumably paid for and most likely fully depreciated (that means no depreciation charge against income Red) that perform functions at a fraction of the cost and multiples of the speed that human labor will presumably perform the same task.

Not to mention that REDSTATEWARD needs reminding again (or for the fifteenth time) that the United States Postal Service is not a Business.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #47458 on: August 17, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/politics/miles-taylor-trump-joe-biden-endorse/index.html

Taylor, who served as a political appointee at the Department of Homeland Security from 2017 to 2019 and as chief of staff to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, endorsed the former vice president in a video produced by the group Republican Voters Against Trump. He also wrote an op-ed published in The Washington Post calling President Donald Trump "dangerous" for America, but did not mention who he was voting for in the piece.

"What we saw week in and week out, for me, after two and a half years in that administration, was terrifying. We would go in to try to talk to him about a pressing national security issue -- cyberattack, terrorism threat -- he wasn't interested in those things. To him, they weren't priorities," Taylor says in the video.

"Given what I have experienced in the administration, I have to support Joe Biden for president and even though I am not a Democrat, even though I disagree on key issues, I'm confident that Joe Biden will protect the country and I'm confident that he won't make the same mistakes as this President."

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47459 on: August 17, 2020, 03:39:28 PM »

129.2F in California today.
Sympathy to anyone not living in airconditioning.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 3162 3163 [3164] 3165 3166 ... 4288