Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007475 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47580 on: August 18, 2020, 01:30:10 PM »

Old piece... Banks, yes everything I post is my original work and is signed and dated.
Check gradycartoons.com for more.  It is free and no,paywall, as yet! 😷👌✌️😇

That's good stuff Deej-you're an artiste!

The only thing I can draw is a conclusion and sometimes I have a hard time staying insides the lines.   :)

thanks for posting the link

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47581 on: August 18, 2020, 01:32:23 PM »

Imo, the most scandalous thing Russian during the election was Trump lying that he had no business and contact with Russia at the very same time he was indeed negotiating to construct the largest building in Moscow, a mega-project which would require Putin and his cronies approval and involvement and garner Trump a lot of profit.

However encouraging Russia to hack his opponents and using that info comes close.

The most scandalous thing was that the Trump Campaign did not go to the FBI immediately when they had information that Russia was intending to interfere in the elections.  They knew who was committing the hacks and they not only kept it secret, but lied publicly about their knowledge.

Which is still not as scandalous as the fact that even now Trump will not acknowledge or rebuke Russian interference because he wants them to do it again this year.
You and Bo doing some  🍒 picking this morning?

I do not think that term means what you think it means.
Oh but it does as confirmed by your post. Let us know when you have digested the complete report.

You let us know when you have found something in the report that contradicts anything bodiddley or I said.
I wouldn’t do that,  it would be a lie.
It is also not what my post said.
But I can see why you would distort it.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47582 on: August 18, 2020, 01:32:59 PM »

Faith.  Family.  Freedom.  Hope.  Opportunity.

Trump and the Republican Party.

Welcome, independents.  The choice is obvious for this year.  Last night was Exhibit A.

Yes.

Faith, family, freedom, hope, and opportunity are all on the ballot against trump and the republican party.

It’s good to know you clearly understand what you are giving up with your continued support of trump.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47583 on: August 18, 2020, 01:36:12 PM »

There is a broad based agenda to get that motherfucker out of office and that is a laudable singular goal.

This is where you go astray

Lack of a better plan

"Trump sucks" does not get it done.

Works for me!

Fuck that guy.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47584 on: August 18, 2020, 01:44:37 PM »

Lies, not cherry-picking, about conclusions of the report:

- "We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election."  - Rubio

This is a lie.  The report found that Manafort was working closely with a Russian Intelligence agent that was probably involved in the hacking operations.  It also found that Stone was in contact with Wikileaks, and that Trump spoke to Stone about those contacts, then lied about it to Mueller.

All that is very clearly evidence of collusion.  What the report actually said is that there isn't enough evidence to draw a clear conclusion of collusion.  That, of course, is debatable.

"(The report) "proves -- yet again -- there was no collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign."

That is a lie.  Not even Rubio would make that claim, as a finding of no evidence of proof is not proof that the evidence doesn't exist.  The report, in fact, shows that the campaign was motivated to collude and had the channels to do so.  That is very much the opposite of what the Trump Campaign is saying.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47585 on: August 18, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »

The truth about the report:

“In short, the Trump campaign invited illicit Russian help, made full use of that help while Russia’s covert campaign was underway, and then lied and obstructed the investigations in order to cover up this misconduct. As several Senators noted in a separate conclusion: ‘This is what collusion looks like.’

- Chairman Schiff
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #47586 on: August 18, 2020, 01:46:15 PM »

This format was very effective. Very intimate. The party talked directly to the people at home and not the true believers in the arena.

Less talking head time  and much more direct engagement.

I liked this a lot.
Two things: 1) it was nice to hear the speeches without them being interrupted by wild cheering at the end of every line, allowing them to flow.and build, and 2) I missed the wild cheering at the end of every line.

Also, count me.among those sick sick sick of Zoom meetings.

Well, we use Teams, but still.

Agree, the format was unfortunate.  Political speeches fall flat when delivered on camera like that, when the speaker can not feed off of the crowd's emotions, and when the speaker does show emotion it feels fake.  It takes away from the message.  Conventions are meant to hype people up.  No matter how well delivered and true the words were last night, the experience wasn't energizing.

I have had Bruce Springsteen in my head all morning, so there is that.

I thought the format rocked. Evolution, yo!

This was straightforward direct engagement. The format and production were tight.
Obama’s speech would have been twice as long and half as effective if interrupted by applause..

There will be no delegates showing their asses like the Berniacs did in 2016.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47587 on: August 18, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »

At least 20 states plan to file lawsuits this week against the U.S. Postal Service and its new postmaster, Etc. etc. etc.
Silly stuff and now a moot point.

REDSTATEWARD:  States are free to decide how to run their elections as they see fit.  Except when trying to game the system to elect a Republican.  Then its ok.  According to the Constitution.

Attaching  my name to your words is pretty childish, but hardly surprising

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47588 on: August 18, 2020, 01:56:51 PM »

At least 20 states plan to file lawsuits this week against the U.S. Postal Service and its new postmaster, Etc. etc. etc.

Those 20 AGs are just "silly" according to our forum's eminent constitutional scholar.  I mean, what would those people know about the law, compared to him?

REDSTATEWARD:  States are free to decide how to run their elections as they see fit.  Except when trying to game the system to elect a Republican.  Then its ok.  According to the Constitution.

Naturally you would never just say the words I assign to you.  But we all know that this is how you feel.

It would be a lot easier for you to hide if Trump hadn't just gone out and said that he is handicapping the Post Office's operations to prevent them from delivering mail-in ballots, but of course, he did say just that.

What can I say REDSTATEWARD.  The "president" you support is an idiot.  Is what it is.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47589 on: August 18, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »

This format was very effective. Very intimate. The party talked directly to the people at home and not the true believers in the arena.

I liked this a lot.
Two things: 1) it was nice to hear the speeches without them being interrupted by wild cheering at the end of every line, allowing them to flow.and build, and 2) I missed the wild cheering at the end of every line.

Agree, the format was unfortunate.  Political speeches fall flat when delivered on camera like that, when the speaker can not feed off of the crowd's emotions, and when the speaker does show emotion it feels fake.  It takes away from the message.  Conventions are meant to hype people up.  No matter how well delivered and true the words were last night, the experience wasn't energizing.

This was straightforward direct engagement. The format and production were tight.
Obama’s speech would have been twice as long and half as effective if interrupted by applause..

http://www.salon.com/2020/08/18/dncs-first-night-was-claustrophobic-and-grim-a-compelling-mirror-of-life-in-america/

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47590 on: August 18, 2020, 02:00:47 PM »

Those 20 AGs are just "silly" according to our forum's eminent constitutional scholar.  I mean, what would those people know about the law, compared to him?

Naturally you would never just say the words I assign to you.  But we all know that this is how you feel.

It would be a lot easier for you to hide if Trump hadn't just gone out and said that he is handicapping the Post Office's operations to prevent them from delivering mail-in ballots, but of course, he did say just that.

What can I say REDSTATEWARD.  The "president" you support is an idiot.  Is what it is.

As for it being "now a moot point" we shall see.  But the fact that the lawsuits very probably influenced Trump's lackey to suspend those changes, that doesn't make the lawsuits moot.  Quite the opposite.

Kind of like Trump calling off the Ukraine scheme after getting caught doesn't make him innocent of the Ukraine scheme.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #47591 on: August 18, 2020, 02:06:55 PM »

Faith: Go ahead and gas the minister of the church I want to stage my photo op in front of.

Family: Go ahead and separate the children from their parents, then make sure that they can't be reunited. And send the children back to school or else! Also, we want your college kids back on campus playing football. And who cares about the old folks?

Trump (twice) regarding a facilitator of pedophilia and the trafficking of underage girls:

"I wish her well."

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #47592 on: August 18, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

I liked this a lot.

The primaries have taken a lot of the juice, suspense and entertainment factor from the conventions.

at this point the conventions are mostly infomercials

and if you're among the next 10,000 callers you'll get not 1 but 2 Biden ballots all for the low low one-time cost

Separate shipping and handling charges will apply

USPS delivery before the election however can not be guaranteed.

say what you want about the 60s and 70s but there was some good drama produced, mostly be the big-tent contentious Dems.

i remember being glued to the tube as a kid watching the drama of the Mississippi Freedom party delegates battling for recognition and Chicago '68 was unreal.

and who vetted Tom Eagleton  in '72-JFC

i thought pre-covid we had a chance of reliving Chicago as demostrators would have swamped Charlotte and Trump's Nuremberg in North Carolina convention.   

I thought given the practicality last night was pretty good even if entirely orchestrated, I thought Bernie was very good and Michelle fucking killed it.

she was awesome.

and it all wrapped up by 11pm in time.

Red would call it efficient and business like.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:12:27 PM by bankshot1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47593 on: August 18, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »

Really?  It is so much easier for you to just assign words to those whose opinions you disagree with.  How convenient.
LOL!

What can I say REDSTATEWARD.  The "president" you support is an idiot.  Is what it i
As for it being "now a moot point" we shall see.  But the fact that the lawsuits very probably influenced Trump's lackey to suspend those changes, that doesn't make the lawsuits moot.
Silly is the operative word.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:15:01 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47594 on: August 18, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »

Trump’s felonious post messer la joy has committed several serious federal crimes. At no more than 5 years a pop, he should still get out before donnie, don jr., jared, or eric.
Pages: 1 ... 3171 3172 [3173] 3174 3175 ... 4288