Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3189 3190 [3191] 3192 3193 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006823 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47850 on: August 20, 2020, 08:14:38 PM »

Should be hilarious watching leftists praise the electoral college voting system if Biden wins.

We opposed it when Obama won. I see no reason we would suddenly embrace it if Biden wins.

Your uninformed, heavily biased bullshit opinions are stupid.

I didn't read much criticism here about the system when Obama won.
Maybe it got lost somewhere in all the celebration.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47851 on: August 20, 2020, 08:15:06 PM »

Nobody has their finger on the pulse of the African-American community like Bambu does.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47852 on: August 20, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »

Should be hilarious watching leftists praise the electoral college voting system if Biden wins.

We opposed it when Obama won. I see no reason we would suddenly embrace it if Biden wins.

Obama won the popular vote too. I know you're smart enough, just barely, to see the distinction. And I believe it's going to happen again this year. Trump loses the popular vote but wins the election.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 08:21:32 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47853 on: August 20, 2020, 08:23:15 PM »

Also, nationally, the Electoral College is swinging increasingly in the Dems favor, Bambi. Texas might not go Blue in 2020, but in either 2024 or 2028, it will, and with even more electoral votes than it has now.

If that happens, then the jig is up for the presidency, unless something major happens. If the Dems lost the same three states again, but won Texas (at its current count) they win. There will be other changes, all of which are projected to leave the Dems down 3 compared to 2020... but Texas up 3.

This is without any other states flipping, like AZ or FL or GA.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47854 on: August 20, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »

Couldn't have had anything to do with your own biases, right?!

This is a piece from between Obama's two elections looking at public opinion:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/150245/americans-swap-electoral-college-popular-vote.aspx

Note how many Democrats favored replacing the Electoral College. Note that a majority of GOP folks did, too, if not as many as the Indies.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47855 on: August 20, 2020, 08:48:51 PM »

Also, nationally, the Electoral College is swinging increasingly in the Dems favor, Bambi. Texas might not go Blue in 2020, but in either 2024 or 2028, it will, and with even more electoral votes than it has now.

If that happens, then the jig is up for the presidency, unless something major happens. If the Dems lost the same three states again, but won Texas (at its current count) they win. There will be other changes, all of which are projected to leave the Dems down 3 compared to 2020... but Texas up 3.

As immigrants pour into America from Mexico, South America etc and it becomes majority non-white it will all turn blue and stay that way forever.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #47856 on: August 20, 2020, 08:51:28 PM »

As immigrants pour into America from Mexico, South America etc and it becomes majority non-white it will all turn blue and stay that way forever.
No it won't. 

barton

« Reply #47857 on: August 20, 2020, 08:54:34 PM »

I have reported your last sentence to Dept. of Redundancy Dept.   

barton

« Reply #47858 on: August 20, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »

Nobody has their finger on the pulse of the African-American community like Bambu does.

Or their knee!   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47859 on: August 20, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »

We?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:41:59 AM by josh »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47860 on: August 20, 2020, 09:08:39 PM »

We?

Every sane rational non-prostituted human being is to the left of you. Consider us leftists as you peer out from your lonely corner.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:42:36 AM by josh »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #47861 on: August 20, 2020, 09:21:18 PM »

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/white-people-should-give-up-their-homes/4079202/

A group of Black Lives Matter protesters in Seattle marched through a residential neighbourhood this week demanding[/b] that white residents give up their homes, dramatic video shows.

In this case, what is the right thing for the White people to do?

They should educate themselves on the history of the neighborhood, try to support black-owned businesses, and learn if deed theft occurred there
 -- but they don't owe their homes to the previous occupants.  That's not how this works.  Those folks need to take their megaphones to the homes of those who are responsible. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #47862 on: August 20, 2020, 09:25:14 PM »

Sadly  I agree that Trump will win, but it'll be the opposite reason from "seeing the light".  Whatever that is.

I think Trump and the GOP are in for an epic beat down across the board.

Nah.... we've become a corrupt autocracy.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47863 on: August 20, 2020, 09:25:28 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/17/politics/patricia-mark-mccloskey-rnc-st-louis-couple-guns-protesters/index.html

This seems to me to be an odd decision for a national convention.

I don't suppose it's an odd decision for a Trump convention...

Sort of like the Khans in '16.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47864 on: August 20, 2020, 09:26:59 PM »

At least 15 states reporting Covid cases at colleges and universities

heh

Thanks, JoshNN.

All COVID, all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 3189 3190 [3191] 3192 3193 ... 4288