Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3194 3195 [3196] 3197 3198 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007097 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #47925 on: August 21, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »

DeJoy said there are over 140,000 collection boxes in the US, and over the last 10 years, about 35,000 of them have been removed.

So Obama was part of the conspiracy as well?

He didn't stop it, but no, Ward, it was done under the GOP's lead:
Year Number of Boxes
1975 303,563
1980 275,000
1985 302,782
1990 281,000
1995 336,000
2000 365,000
2005 345,000
2010 170,120
2015 153,999

During Clinton's presidency, roughly 60 thousand new boxes were added. During Bush II's presidency, more than 150,000 were eliminated. For that matter, the earlier guideline for reducing boxes came during the Nixon/Ford years. And even the Post Office admits it makes it harder for customers:
"Beginning in 1974, postal guidelines called for collection boxes averaging less than 25 pieces of mail a day to be considered for removal or relocation, although other factors were also taken into account, like the character of the mail and customer convenience. The Postal Service increased its efforts to cull underused collection boxes from city streets in 2002, saving fuel and labor but making it harder for some customers to find the iconic blue boxes (see Table 2, “Number of Collection Boxes, 1975 to 2015,” on page 12)"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #47926 on: August 21, 2020, 04:25:36 PM »

Now you can't even shoot unarmed Afghans if you're in the Aussie special forces lest there's a war crimes trial.

Seems like no big deal

Why are posts like these allowed to stand?

Do you believe that I should be deleting this sort of right wing crap?

It's dehumanizing an entire people on the basis of their nationality and describes them in terms of something to be exterminated without conscience because it is "no big deal".  It's as wrong as it gets.  I've seen nothing more vile posted here.   

Maybe I should post "the only good aussie is a dead aussie"?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47927 on: August 21, 2020, 04:27:53 PM »

Now you can't even shoot unarmed Afghans if you're in the Aussie special forces lest there's a war crimes trial.

Seems like no big deal

It's dehumanizing an entire people on the basis of their nationality and describes them in terms of something to be exterminated without conscience because it is "no big deal".  It's as wrong as it gets.  I've seen nothing more vile posted here.   

I agree that it is dehumanizing and that nothing more vile toward humanity has been posted here (though plenty as despicable).

Let me ask again:

Do you believe that I should be deleting such posts?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #47928 on: August 21, 2020, 04:54:28 PM »

DeJoy said there are over 140,000 collection boxes in the US, and over the last 10 years, about 35,000 of them have been removed.

Year Number of Boxes
1975 303,563
1980 275,000
1985 302,782
1990 281,000
1995 336,000
2000 365,000
2005 345,000
2010 170,120
2015 153,999

During Clinton's presidency, roughly 60 thousand new boxes were added. During Bush II's presidency, more than 150,000 were eliminated. For that matter, the earlier guideline for reducing boxes came during the Nixon/Ford years. And even the Post Office admits it makes it harder for customers:
"Beginning in 1974, postal guidelines called for collection boxes averaging less than 25 pieces of mail a day to be considered for removal or relocation, although other factors were also taken into account, like the character of the mail and customer convenience. The Postal Service increased its efforts to cull underused collection boxes from city streets in 2002, saving fuel and labor but making it harder for some customers to find the iconic blue boxes (see Table 2, “Number of Collection Boxes, 1975 to 2015,” on page 12)"
Obama is smarter than I gave  him credit. He saw the wisdom of good management and kept it going.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47929 on: August 21, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »

Overreaction by Kam

Just my opinion.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47930 on: August 21, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »

Seems like no big deal

I believe you should delete that post of mine.
I have re-read the story thoroughly from different sources...and the soldiers' account of what happened in the incident highlighted in the media in now in question by other soldiers.
The truth is in dispute.
War crimes investigation is ongoing.
I made the post in protest at the fact that Afghan govt is to release the rogue Afghan soldier who slaughtered 3 unarmed Aussie soldiers in cold blood....
...in a prisoner swap deal with the US.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:09:49 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #47931 on: August 21, 2020, 05:08:26 PM »

My two cents (I've been a mod elsewhere on the web) -- if it insults members and drives away participants, then a post can damage a MB and is erasable.  Anything advocating harm towards a group of people, or that promotes an illegal act,  is often formally forbidden at a MB.   (the exceptions might include hypothetical cases at a philosophy forum,  or other situations where the intent is an exploration of ethics or law,  not actual promotion)   Bambi's posts strike me more as zoological exhibits,  and I mean the kind you have to distract the kids away from with ice cream.   Often callous,  dehumanizing,  and devoid of compassion,  they are,  as Facilitat said,  reminders.   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47932 on: August 21, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »

My two cents (I've been a mod elsewhere on the web) -- if it insults members and drives away participants, then a post can damage a MB and is erasable.  Anything advocating harm towards a group of people, or that promotes an illegal act,  is often formally forbidden at a MB.   (the exceptions might include hypothetical cases at a philosophy forum,  or other situations where the intent is an exploration of ethics or law,  not actual promotion)   Bambi's posts strike me more as zoological exhibits,  and I mean the kind you have to distract the kids away from with ice cream.   Often callous,  dehumanizing,  and devoid of compassion,  they are,  as Facilitat said,  reminders.

Often?
Dehumanising?

Interesting.

I have asked for the post to be deleted, and upon reflection apologise to the forum for it.
That one post ...and any others I've apologised for.
No others.
Often?
Hmmm, I must review my writing style.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47933 on: August 21, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »

Seems like no big deal

Kam, I agree with you about the content and nature of the desiccated shit gibbon’s post.

I put it with a Jim Crow era confederate statue. It should not stand clean where it was planted, but should be viewable as an example of a break in the basic human function and its repercussions, defaced and graffitied, rejected indelibly with scorn and distain.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47934 on: August 21, 2020, 05:32:39 PM »

Often?
Dehumanising?

Interesting.

I have asked for the post to be deleted, and upon reflection apologise to the forum for it.
No others.
Often?

If you go back and look at any of your posts, on the upper right of that post’s boundary box, next to “Quote” and “modify” is “remove”.

Dipshit.

Nimrod.

Asshole.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47935 on: August 21, 2020, 05:32:44 PM »

Overreaction by Kam

Just my opinion.

No overreaction in my mind, having reviewed my language.
I posted in anger.
Anger is for fools...mistakes get made.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:34:17 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #47936 on: August 21, 2020, 05:35:56 PM »

Often?
Dehumanising?

Interesting.

No others.
Often?

If you go back and look at any of your posts, on the upper right of that post’s boundary box, next to “Quote” and “modify” is “remove”.

Dipshit.

Nimrod.

Asshole.

Oh yes, I can remove it.
Done.

barton

« Reply #47937 on: August 21, 2020, 05:40:43 PM »

Bambu,  I only have the words you type here.  Which seem to convey racism and sometimes intolerance for those of non Christian faiths and cultures.   And refugees.   I think it might have been mainly your posts about refugees,  in the past few years,  that most earned those adjectives like callous and dehumanizing.  My grandparents,  two of them,  were economic refugees, so maybe your remarks didn't sit well with me.   

OTOH,  I have appreciated your posted remarks on the death penalty.  And I appreciate your walking back the Afghan comment.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47938 on: August 21, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »

Apparently Bambu took the dawning of the light stuff to heart for the moment at least.

Pretty good reach for an infomercial.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #47939 on: August 21, 2020, 06:17:05 PM »

Year Number of Boxes
1975 303,563
1980 275,000
1985 302,782
1990 281,000
1995 336,000
2000 365,000
2005 345,000
2010 170,120
2015 153,999

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/21/1971240/-No-one-is-getting-hit-harder-by-Trump-s-USPS-sabotage-than-rural-voters-the-GOP-s-most-loyal-base

Roll out new boxes that collect solar, feed the grid, allow device charging, enable WiFi to get the total count back where it was in the 80’s and 90’s.
Pages: 1 ... 3194 3195 [3196] 3197 3198 ... 4288