Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3206 3207 [3208] 3209 3210 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876401 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48105 on: August 23, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »

This is a prior example of the systemic racism that Ward denies exists:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/civil-rights-devos_n_5b7b2dd3e4b018b93e96a9cf

The education system, this time.
An example of “ systemic racism” this article certainly Is NOT.

How about this one?
https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/17/racial-bias-skews-algorithms-widely-used-to-guide-patient-care/
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48106 on: August 23, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »

Allegations are not “ proof“ of anything.
But it is curious you would cite a report covering 2010-2016 when the Department of Education was under the Obama/Biden leadership.

Nothing is proof to you, Ward. I understand that, as I pointed out in the post.

Your dishonesty in this response is totally typical:
The data also revealed a new high for allegations of racial harassment in schools. In February, HuffPost was the first to report that there had been a high of 675 racial harassment complaints in 2017. However, our most recent data analysis found that this number was incomplete. There were actually 728 complaints regarding racial harassment in schools in 2017 ― most of which were filed by black students.

Under the Obama administration, an emphasis was placed on increased enforcement of civil rights laws, and the number of complaints increased. However, the Trump administration, under U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos, has sought to scale back the office’s work.

DeVos has rescinded civil rights protections for groups like transgender students and created new rules designed to reduce the number of complaints that the OCR considers. The office has shifted emphasis away from addressing issues of systemic discrimination.

A ProPublica data analysis also found that under the Trump administration, OCR is now dismissing complaints at a faster clip than in the past and has been less likely to find civil rights violations. The Department of Education, under DeVos, has also sought to reduce the number of employees working for OCR.

But just as sure is your complete and utter failure to grasp the essence of what I am saying!

I am not blaming Trump or DeVos for the systemic racism, I am saying that that the EDUCATION SYSTEM has systemic racism. Not NEW. Not Trump-caused.

Ditto medical, ditto employment, ditto housing, and ditto justice system. All of them have systemic racism (that  you cannot admit) and have had it longer than you have been alive.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48107 on: August 23, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »

Compassion.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48108 on: August 23, 2020, 08:33:09 PM »

I'm living a fantasy life as an RV/Van life traveller touring the world.
The nice man from a luxury RV company is currenty taking me on a walk thru of a very large RV....huge, everything quality, luxury to the max, from solar panels to huge bathroom.
He just showed the bedroom..."this shelf here beside the bed (at mattress height) is a good place to put your PISTOL".  :)
I'll have one.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #48109 on: August 23, 2020, 08:34:27 PM »

Allegations are not “ proof“ of anything.
But it is curious you would cite a report covering 2010-2016 when the Department of Education was under the Obama/Biden leadership.

Nothing is proof to you, Ward. I understand that, as I pointed out in the post.

Your dishonesty in this response is totally typical:
The data also revealed a new high for allegationsof racial harassment in schools.

LOL

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:37:59 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

barton

« Reply #48110 on: August 23, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »

Arguing with someone who thinks there is no systemic racism in the US is as pointless as arguing with a flat earther.   Save your breath,  or your fingers,  as the case may be.   Their position is as willfully blind as that of the Italian bishops who wouldn't peer through Galileo's telescope.   

barton

« Reply #48111 on: August 23, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »

I'm living a fantasy life.    as an RV/Van life traveller touring the world.
The nice man from a luxury RV company is currenty taking me on a walk thru of a very large RV....huge, everything quality, luxury to the max, from solar panels to huge bathroom.
He just showed the bedroom..."this shelf here beside the bed (at mattress height) is a good place to put your PISTOL".  :)
I'll have one.

FIFY

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48112 on: August 23, 2020, 09:00:03 PM »

I'll have one.

FIFY

Fantasy life is better than real life.
In fantasy life people aren't stealing generators from the basket on the back of your luxury RV, even though you have them tied on securely....while you're in transit.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 09:24:53 PM by bambu. »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48113 on: August 23, 2020, 09:04:40 PM »

Arguing with someone who thinks there is no systemic racism in the US is as pointless as arguing with a flat earther.   Save your breath,  or your fingers,  as the case may be.   Their position is as willfully blind as that of the Italian bishops who wouldn't peer through Galileo's telescope.

Let alone somebody who cannot manage the simple formatting of a response on this forum.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48114 on: August 23, 2020, 09:06:15 PM »

I'll have one.

FIFY

In fantasy life people aren't stealing generators from the basket on the back of your luxury RV, even though you have them tied on secrely....while you're in transit.

Somebody stole your "u" while you were in the middle of typing!

Nothing is safe. Better get off line before your progressively lipogrammatic problem prevents you from typing at all!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48115 on: August 23, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »

Bambu with a pistol and RV

Doesn’t make it out of the dealership without shooting himself in the foot
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48116 on: August 23, 2020, 09:22:29 PM »

I am delighted to see our daily new cases and daily deaths continue to fall. Daily average deaths is below 1000 and at its lowest point since July 28th. It's dropped 169 in 18 days. If it can keep that up for the next 69 days (through October) it will get it approaching 300/day.

That would put it at ~225,000 dead as of October 31st, but with cause for optimism, if it managed to keep that drop going.

I'm still pretty anxious about (a) the spike of new cases from colleges attempting to open and (b) the HHS folks lying flat out about numbers. I am hoping that the 2nd is just not the case and our lack of a higher spike of deaths and the drop off of new case numbers after HHS took over is coincidence.

One can always hope.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48117 on: August 23, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »

Trump is going to preen and air grievances rather than do his job. Millions more Americans will lose their jobs and their homes while he spits, babbles, makes ugly noises, and embarrasses his pitiable and deformed children. It’s a sad time in America.

http://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/08/600-week-pandemic-unemployment-families/615580/

Damn to hell anyone who has voted for trump or is thinking of voting for trump.

He is a plague and a puppet, a bankrupt rapist with contagious brain damage.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48118 on: August 23, 2020, 09:44:29 PM »

Bambu with a pistol and RV

Doesn’t make it out of the dealership without shooting himself in the foot

Used to be a good shot with a pistol...workplace.
Maybe now would need a pump-action shotgun.
Sure the nice man at the RV company would build me a special 'quick draw' vertical cabinet hear the bed.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48119 on: August 23, 2020, 09:46:35 PM »

I'll have one.

FIFY

In fantasy life people aren't stealing generators from the basket on the back of your luxury RV, even though you have them tied on securely....while you're in transit.

I swear I cannot be sure this cat is for real or have we’ve been in a years long performance piece.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3206 3207 [3208] 3209 3210 ... 4288