Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1868408 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48285 on: August 25, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »

I really don't want to contemplate what four more years of this level of incompetence, spread throughout all the federal agencies, would do to the country.

Trump is far more than incompetent, he is corrupt, greedy and amoral and will do almost anything to promote and protect his own narrow interests. Unfortunatly he has found a compliant and cowardly Republican Party which has lost any decency they may have had by enabling and empowering Trump for their share of the stolen loot. 

These people are weakening and destroying this country every day.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48286 on: August 25, 2020, 04:06:54 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/rnc-ratings-down-significantly-compared-to-night-one-of-dnc?ref=home

In addition to the coke-a-palooza’s bad ratings, it had all the signs of a convention put on by a party trying to win back a shrinking base.

The message being if you are still a racist coward please please please don’t abandon us. There wasn’t even the beginning of an appeal to anyone else.

I think both Tim Scott's and Herschel Walker's messages went beyond that.

But I don't think that Walker's message went anywhere beyond their current borders, in part because he so missed what the players' protests have been about (which even Roger G has figured out, even if Ward still hasn't).

And I like the world that Rep. Scott lives in, mostly. It's not Earth in the current time, but it is lovely, to be sure.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48287 on: August 25, 2020, 04:13:07 PM »

Herschel Walker is like the GOP's version of OJ, without the murders, of course.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #48288 on: August 25, 2020, 04:17:13 PM »

Herschel Walker is like the GOP's version of OJ, without the murders, of course.

I joked elsewhere that OJ must have already been booked for the night.

Echo4

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #48290 on: August 25, 2020, 04:31:34 PM »

Trumpstock 4 days of hate fear and Qusic

Delivered enough dog whistles to keep Pluto, Goofy and Astro barking all night.

Goofy, a pure-bred Hollywood pooch perked up on this one by Tim Scott.

And now, Joe Biden wants to come for your pocketbooks. Unless you’re a blue state millionaire. I’m serious — that’s one of their solutions for the pandemic. They want more money from your pocket going to help Manhattan elites and Hollywood moguls...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48291 on: August 25, 2020, 04:51:54 PM »

The most deranged comment at the RNC thus far:

“They will disarm you, empty the prisons, lock you in your home, and invite MS-13 to live next door."

- Matt Gaetz

Since clearly none of that will happen or is remotely a possibility, it doesn't seem to be very effective fear-mongering.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48292 on: August 25, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/rnc-ratings-down-significantly-compared-to-night-one-of-dnc?ref=home

In addition to the coke-a-palooza’s bad ratings, it had all the signs of a convention put on by a party trying to win back a shrinking base.

The message being if you are still a racist coward please please please don’t abandon us. There wasn’t even the beginning of an appeal to anyone else.

But I don't think that Walker's message went anywhere beyond their current borders, in part because he so missed what the players' protests have been about (which even Roger G has figured out, even if Ward still hasn't).

And I like the world that Rep. Scott lives in, mostly. It's not Earth in the current time, but it is lovely, to be sure.
Scott and Walker had one message: hey white people, Trump has white black friends so you can fool yourself into thinking you are not a racist for voting for him.

FIFMS
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 06:09:08 PM by Hairy Lime »
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48293 on: August 25, 2020, 06:05:01 PM »

Scott and Walker had one message: hey white people, Trump has white friends so you can fool yourself into thinking you are not a racist for voting for him.

"...has Black friends so...?"

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48294 on: August 25, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »

Oooops.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #48295 on: August 25, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »

6 days after reopening, the University of Alabama has over 500 coronavirus cases. Now the student newspaper is telling the administration: 'We won't be your PR.'

https://www.businessinsider.com/6-days-reopening-u-of-a-over-500-coronavirus-cases-2020-8

Terrible idea for colleges or primary grades or everything in between.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48296 on: August 25, 2020, 06:28:51 PM »

“As a healthcare professional, I can tell you without hesitation, Donald Trump’s quick action and leadership saved thousands of lives during COVID-19,” said Amy Ford, a registered nurse who was deployed to New York and Texas to fight the coronavirus.

Gee, I seem to have a different recollection ...

Of course you do.

You don't envision how it could have been worse.

It's OK.  That's your role.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48297 on: August 25, 2020, 06:30:59 PM »

“They will disarm you, empty the prisons, lock you in your home, and invite MS-13 to live next door."

Basically what is happening in many cities, yes.  Sadly so.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #48298 on: August 25, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »

"Basically." What a clown.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48299 on: August 25, 2020, 06:34:16 PM »

“As a healthcare professional, I can tell you without hesitation, Donald Trump’s quick action and leadership saved thousands of lives during COVID-19,” said Amy Ford, a registered nurse who was deployed to New York and Texas to fight the coronavirus.

Gee, I seem to have a different recollection ...

Of course you do.

You don't envision how it could have been worse.

It's OK.  That's your role.

More KidShit.

All of us have no difficulty envision its being worse, Kid.

What you don't seem willing to admit is that what Trump did was wholly inadequate, even as it is true that he did not do nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 4288