Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604852 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49230 on: September 02, 2020, 08:44:23 PM »

I don't give a fuck where it is developed. I just want it developed.

Just not soon.

You still refuse to get it.

I know how long a Phase 3 trial usually takes.

Today Dr. Fauci said what I have known all along: if the trial is getting overwhelmingly positive results, then to withhold it ceases to be ethical - you are not allowed to continue the trial, because to give placebos is to do injury.

But very very few trials ever go that way and betting on them to do so is... unwise. Letting a vaccine out before it is vetted is doing exactly what the anti-vaxxers fear.

And on the heels of the FDA prematurely (seemingly) endorsing the plasma treatment (which the head then backpedaled from very fast!), everything they do looks suspicious to honest brokers - I exclude you from that.

And since I predicted that we would get an announcement of a vaccine prior to the election before anybody was even discussing Phase 3 trials, I am more, not less skeptical. Same as the announcements about the Russian vaccine approvals - which less than shockingly did not mean they were ready. It meant they were ready for Phase 3 trials.

If Fauci is ready to stand by a vaccine release to the public, I will be ready to take it. If he is not, then not.

The order to be ready to distribute by October 1 ought to raise the hair on your arms. I get that it doesn't, but that it would if it had been Obama or Hillary or were to be Biden.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49231 on: September 02, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »

But there were several people arrested who had traveled extraordinarily long distances to take part in the unrest. Most notably, according to a Fox News analysis of the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department inmate records from last week, at least nine people who were arrested were from Washington state, with several from Seattle. There were also at least two from Oregon, three from California, two from Minnesota, two from North Carolina, one from Kentucky and one from Connecticut.

These numbers, of course, only represent those who were arrested. It is likely there were many more people from out of state who were not arrested during the Kenosha riots. But on balance, there were more people arrested from Kenosha than any other individual place

-   Tyler Olson

A group called Riot Kitchen out of Seattle says it was their crew in the van who was arrested.

They are a food truck from Seattle and say they were in Kenosha to feed people.

The nine people were arrested for disorderly conduct and are pending charging decisions by the Kenosha County District Attorney.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/kenosha-police-arrest-9-people-for-criminal-activity-related-to-the-civil-unrest-by-bringing-helmets-gas-masks
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49232 on: September 02, 2020, 08:47:23 PM »

Because he is a proven liar.

Who?  The guy on the plane?

You guys are a lame act - but it's touching how you band together.

Trump is a lying motherfucker.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #49233 on: September 02, 2020, 08:59:54 PM »

Because he is a proven liar.

Who?  The guy on the plane?

You guys are a lame act - but it's touching how you band together.

No, fool. Trump, who made up the guy on the plane, same as he makes up "somebody said" or "the generals told me" or a host of other such things proven after the fact to have been inventions of a guy who lies so often that it is hard to keep track of them all.

We are, of course, "a lame act" because we won't take the word of a proven liar that this conversation ever happened.

NO PICTURES and NO CORROBORATING STORIES even after the news went public about it and the doubts about it, as well. Unless you are claiming that there were no other trump supporters on the flight or in the airport, where is the support for this claim?!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49234 on: September 02, 2020, 09:00:36 PM »

History does not repeat itself
But it often rhymes?

1990 DC Mayor Marion Barry on his Cocaine  arrest;

“ ...bitch set me up”!

2020 Nancy Pelosi on being taped in a closed SF Hair Salon wearing no mask;

...bitch set me up”!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #49235 on: September 02, 2020, 09:03:24 PM »

But it often rhymes?

“ ...bitch set me up”!

...bitch set me up”!

Oddly enough, I haven't seen that quote, Ward. And you haven't provided a citation for it.

But honestly, I don't care - her "I didn't know the rules" was a far greater indictment of her than "bitch set me up" would be.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #49236 on: September 02, 2020, 09:05:06 PM »

A couple of those get used, but mostly not.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #49237 on: September 02, 2020, 09:10:33 PM »

Somebody else for Kid to disbelieve, since they are not the president or his stooges:
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/02/908715579/people-around-the-president-are-trying-to-stop-him-times-journalist-says

Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt says one of the most unusual aspects of the White House administration is the existence of people who are trying to stop President Trump from acting in a way that could hurt the country or break the law.

"In our history as a country, we've largely focused on how our presidents use their power, how the people around them help them do that and what that says," Schmidt says. "In this instance of the Trump presidency, Trump's use of power is so unusual that we have a phenomenon here where the people around the president are trying to stop him."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49238 on: September 02, 2020, 09:14:29 PM »

But it often rhymes?

“ ...bitch set me up”!

...bitch set me up”!

Oddly enough, I haven't seen that quote, Ward. And you haven't provided a citation for it.

But honestly, I don't care - her "I didn't know the rules" was a far greater indictment of her than "bitch set me up" would be.
LOL!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #49239 on: September 02, 2020, 09:25:43 PM »

RIP Tom Seaver. C-19 related
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #49240 on: September 02, 2020, 09:45:01 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-biden-tops-trump-among-likely-voters-in-key-states

Lots of details!

Just today's polls:
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   USA Today/Suffolk   Biden 50, Trump 43   Biden +7
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   Grinnell/Selzer   Biden 49, Trump 41   Biden +8
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   Rasmussen Reports   Biden 49, Trump 45   Biden +4
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   Economist/YouGov   Biden 51, Trump 40   Biden +11
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   Quinnipiac   Biden 52, Trump 42   Biden +10
General Election: Trump vs. Biden   IBD/TIPP   Biden 49, Trump 41   Biden +8

Average: 8

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #49241 on: September 02, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »

RIP Tom Seaver.

Commissioner Manfred statement was quite nice.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49242 on: September 02, 2020, 10:17:27 PM »

RIP Tom Seaver.

Commissioner Manfred statement was quite nice.

Trump's disease did in Tom Terrific.

Too bad for Mets fans, but another failure attached to the Trump Party of Doom.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49243 on: September 02, 2020, 10:28:16 PM »

A couple of those get used, but mostly not.

He only became a revered figure after he was murdered.

Before taking a bullet to his neck he was .. shall we say, not very popular.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49244 on: September 02, 2020, 10:33:27 PM »

Another chunk of my childhood is gone.

1968-1970

What a time to be kid growing up in NY.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 4288