Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3304 3305 [3306] 3307 3308 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583581 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49575 on: September 07, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »

Happy Labor Day!

I love to work, and as an actor and filmmaker the money can be very good if you are successful. Work is associated with having money and living a great lifestyle. Even an actor on "The Young and the Restless" starts out at $30,000.00 per week, and it goes up from there. And in California you really live a luxury lifestyle if you have money. I am grateful for the people who built up the film and television industry, and I am grateful for the opportunities here in California.

A lot of people want to get wealthy so that they can retire, but not me, I want to get wealthy so that I can work. I want to get wealthy and I want to start my own company, and I am going to work hard. And I am going to make so much money that can afford to give money away to the poor and to the needy.

I hate being poor and begging for work. When I have my own company I can work for myself. And I will be cool and I will create jobs for other people and I will pay them well and they will love working for me.

And for instance, if I buy a vineyard and winery in Italy, I can hire workers from the Philippines to help me, they all speak English, they are Christians, and they work hard. If I pay them fair and treat them well then they will love me. We can have feasts and parties at the vineyard, it will be great.

For me, I do not want to get my script sold and retire, I want to invest the money that I make so that I can work. I want to open a night club in Rome, and I want to buy a vineyard and winery in Tuscany, and I want to produce movies. And I would act if I got the chance, you never get too old to act.

And I will help my wife with her business, when I get a wife. She can work too. She could have her own brand of French perfume, whatever.

I want to work and make money.

And may God bless us all today on Labor Day.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #49576 on: September 07, 2020, 04:52:21 PM »

On the issue of the corona crisis...

We know how to fight this disease now, Anaheim is at ZERO deaths now. We use the blood plasma from survivors, and we have Remdesivir, and Vitamin C helps, we are learning how to fight against this disease.

All of the research hospitals around the world need to share information. Including UC Irvine here in the OC.

We can beat this disease, and we can lower the death count to ZERO.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49577 on: September 07, 2020, 05:28:22 PM »

Tony Soprano was a Republican

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjvJ7Mq3wcA
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #49579 on: September 07, 2020, 07:11:05 PM »

I had an idea for some scientific research, and then as a result of the research I could produce a television show, and also the money from the research could help to make the pilot for the show.

My idea is that I believe that color blind people can see better at night, as we lack some of the things that see color we make up for it with more of the things that pick up light. I think that people who are color blind can see better at night, and are more nocturnal than people with normal eyesight. So, I sent some research ideas to UCI. I had talked with a scientist from UCI and he said that you can earn a lot of money if you get contracts for research and he said that my ideas might be good enough to get funding.

Right now the color blind people are not allowed to join the military, but if it turns out that color blind people can see better at night, then maybe the military can use color blind people for special forces, to operate under the cover of darkness.

Then with the results, and with the funding, I could produce a television show about a team of special forces soldiers who are color blind and who operate at night under a cover of darkness, they can go in and save hostages at night, and stuff like that. The name of my television show could be "NOCTURNAL."

The scientist told me to just write my ideas down on paper, with a pen and paper, and to mail the ideas to them, so I mailed them in. I have not heard back from them yet.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #49580 on: September 07, 2020, 07:21:24 PM »

Happy Labor Day!

I love to work, and as an actor and filmmaker the money can be very good if you are successful. Work is associated with having money and living a great lifestyle. Even an actor on "The Young and the Restless" starts out at $30,000.00 per week...

For a series regular in a one hour format,  SAG-AFTRA scale is $4200/week.   Hope that doesn't discourage you.   Viva la UNION!   

barton

« Reply #49581 on: September 07, 2020, 07:27:57 PM »

Then with the results, and with the funding, I could produce a television show about a team of special forces soldiers who are color blind and who operate at night under a cover of darkness, they can go in and save hostages at night, and stuff like that. The name of my television show could be "NOCTURNAL."

The scientist told me to just write my ideas down on paper, with a pen and paper, and to mail the ideas to them, so I mailed them in. I have not heard back from them yet.

How about Nocturnal Mission?   

barton

« Reply #49582 on: September 07, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »

I can see a small wrinkle,  given that the ability to distinguish the color of enemy uniforms might be seen as important.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49583 on: September 07, 2020, 09:22:22 PM »

I can see a small wrinkle,  given that the ability to distinguish the color of enemy uniforms might be seen as important.
I suspect he may not be entirely aware of what color blindness is.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49584 on: September 07, 2020, 09:25:56 PM »

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2055314702741/fox-news-reporter-snaps-back-as-trump-demands-her-firing-for-confirming-war-dead-story

Not really much more to the "story" than that. "Unimpeachable" was her word for her sources, which I thought was pretty clever of her.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49585 on: September 07, 2020, 09:31:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/politics/trump-attack-military-leadership/index.html

The President accused his own military officers of waging wars to boost the profits of defense manufacturing companies

Gee, Mr. President, where have you been for the last 3.6 years?! Or the last 50...

"I'm not saying the military's in love with me -- the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy," Trump told reporters at a White House news conference.

Trump's extraordinary comments come as several defense officials tell CNN relations between the President and Pentagon leadership are becoming increasingly strained.

They also followed efforts by Trump to convince the public that he had not made a series of reported disparaging remarks about US military personnel and veterans, which were first reported by The Atlantic magazine.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49586 on: September 07, 2020, 09:40:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/07/erica-hill-trump-mask-wearing-message-ebof-vpx.cnn

Good thing President Trump has big "stones," Kid. It takes that kind of leadership to tell a reporter to take her mask off!

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49587 on: September 07, 2020, 10:22:53 PM »

This is an illustration not only of short-sightedness, but arrogance. The inability to (publicly, at least) acknowledge having screwed up is phenomenal... if frighteningly familiar to (most of) us. Denialism is a co-morbid cause of too many COVID-19 deaths, not even of the deniers, but their loved ones, neighbors, community members...

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/09/06/sanford-pastor-remains-defiant-engages-religious-liberty-attorney

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #49588 on: September 07, 2020, 10:38:05 PM »

Happy Labor Day!

I love to work, and as an actor and filmmaker the money can be very good if you are successful. Work is associated with having money and living a great lifestyle. Even an actor on "The Young and the Restless" starts out at $30,000.00 per week, and it goes up from there. And in California you really live a luxury lifestyle if you have money. I am grateful for the people who built up the film and television industry, and I am grateful for the opportunities here in California.

A lot of people want to get wealthy so that they can retire, but not me, I want to get wealthy so that I can work. I want to get wealthy and I want to start my own company, and I am going to work hard. And I am going to make so much money that can afford to give money away to the poor and to the needy.

I hate being poor and begging for work. When I have my own company I can work for myself. And I will be cool and I will create jobs for other people and I will pay them well and they will love working for me.

And for instance, if I buy a vineyard and winery in Italy, I can hire workers from the Philippines to help me, they all speak English, they are Christians, and they work hard. If I pay them fair and treat them well then they will love me. We can have feasts and parties at the vineyard, it will be great.

For me, I do not want to get my script sold and retire, I want to invest the money that I make so that I can work. I want to open a night club in Rome, and I want to buy a vineyard and winery in Tuscany, and I want to produce movies. And I would act if I got the chance, you never get too old to act.

And I will help my wife with her business, when I get a wife. She can work too. She could have her own brand of French perfume, whatever.

I want to work and make money.

And may God bless us all today on Labor Day.

Salute,

Tony V.

California is appearing on many worst places to live lists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbt-0DTVYc
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49589 on: September 07, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »

California is nice if you get it right. As stacked a deck as you’ll find anywhere, but it has some unique amenities that are hard to replicate. Moving from NYC to San Diego was a trade up in every conceivable metric. There isn’t a fire closer than 40 miles at the moment, so we’ve enjoyed the long weekend.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3304 3305 [3306] 3307 3308 ... 4288