Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3339 3340 [3341] 3342 3343 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596219 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Anti-Trump Administration
« Reply #50100 on: September 11, 2020, 12:50:28 PM »

And Newsom points his finger at the feds.  Predictable.

Not sure where you see that.

But note you say nothing about Trump's repeating his idiotic order that we sweep the forest floors of leaves to prevent fires.
Neither Trump nor kiid have any conception of the point of National Forests. Not to mention, the scale of the job in a state like California.

The scale of the job would be outrageous of course.  There is also the not small point that decomposing organic matter is essential food for the plants living there, there are insects and animals living on the forest floor that would get swept up in this absurd operation, not to mention smaller scale plants that are equally essential to the life of the trees and wildlife...

Well.  It is reassuring, at least to me, that the plants and wildlife were well fed as they were incinerated.

The National Forests might burn, so lets take them down.

REDSTATEWARD logic...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #50101 on: September 11, 2020, 12:54:00 PM »

What about all the Federal Aid being given to Florida communities that build up despite the risks of hurricanes and flooding. 

Think Trump would ever threaten to withhold it until they limit that development?  What do you think REDSTATEWARD?  Would make a shitload more sense then sweeping through the National Forest with giant rakes.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #50102 on: September 11, 2020, 01:13:17 PM »

Why does Smokey Bear say to clean your campsite before departing?

Maybe the Finnish leader can tell us.

Jesus Christ.  You are as dumb as Trump.
While my scorn for Kid's "intellect" is well-noted, this is still not possible.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50103 on: September 11, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »

Because you might have left smoldering embers, which can reignite later.

Because you might have left trash, which is bad for the environment as well as making the site less useful to the next campers.

Because you might have left human food, which encourages bears and other critters to look at human campsites as food sources.

What the fuck is wrong with you?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50104 on: September 11, 2020, 02:27:48 PM »

Jesus Christ.  You are as dumb as Trump.
While my scorn for Kid's "intellect" is well-noted, this is still not possible.

I disagree.

Many of his adherents are slower than he is. He. at least, knows he is conning them. They seem not to.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #50105 on: September 11, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »

On the issue of a new pilot for a television show...

Writing the television show would be easy, then you hire writers and let them help. It could start out with a movie producer and a scientist talking on a train where the idea of "NOCTURNAL" is thrown out there. Then you do the tests, etc, and meet the characters from the show, and then after you have met the characters then the characters come together as a team and they save a family whom were held hostage in Venezuela and they go in and they save the family. So, right there is the pilot. Then when you have money you hire writers to keep the show going. 

And I will do like Aaron Spelling and I will hire the most beautiful women on television. I will have great writers with beautiful women. I like to work with women directors too, women make great directors, so I am sure many episodes will be done with female directors. I will get women to help to write the show too. I will provide a lot of opportunities for women. And I will pay everyone well, I will treat people the way I would want to be treated.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50106 on: September 11, 2020, 03:17:33 PM »

And I will do like Aaron Spelling and I will hire the most beautiful women on television.
 And I will pay everyone well, I will treat people the way I would want to be treated.

You want to get hired or not on the basis of how attractive you are physically?!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50108 on: September 11, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #50109 on: September 11, 2020, 03:34:33 PM »

Many of his adherents are slower than he is.
[/b]
Trump is 100% ignorant--of this there is no doubt. You can hear it every time he goes off script and tries to expound on any subject. Morronic...
There is nothing for a moderately intelligent person to do but to roll one's eyes and think "This is the President of the United States???
What really concerns me now is how delusional he is becoming. For most of his life he has been only moderately delusional--generally just changing some small details here and there if the story he was trying to sell didn't match up with reality of it-as opposed to the reality he had of it in his own mind. But for the length of his presidency he has become worse and worse--facilitated by the media who seldom hold him to task after one of these guffaws. And with the more he sees himself getting away with, the larger the lie he trys to sell...black is white, up is is down...spoken directly to the American public right on tape. And they appear to swallow it...or for the most part offer no objections. It must be what they themselves want to hear--or least it's something that is too much trouble to argue with.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50111 on: September 11, 2020, 04:00:04 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #50112 on: September 11, 2020, 04:01:53 PM »

And I will do like Aaron Spelling and I will hire the most beautiful women on television.
 And I will pay everyone well, I will treat people the way I would want to be treated.

You want to get hired or not on the basis of how attractive you are physically?!

Aaron Spelling always hired Playboy Playmates, he hired Barbi Benton a lot, and other Playmates. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbi_Benton

But of course you want people who care enough about their careers to get training, and to study. So, I would be hiring people who are coming out of the acting schools and stuff, I want to hire local talent, and create local opportunities.

And many of the beautiful women who Aaron Spelling hired turned out to be great people, along with being beautiful. One example was Farrah Fawcett.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farrah_Fawcett 

It takes more than just beauty to make it in Hollywood. You have to be beautiful, plus you need to care enough to study and get training. Then on top of that, you need that special magic, like Audrey Hepburn, Audrey had that magic. Some women have magic. That is what I am looking for when I produce, I want women who have that magic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_Hepburn

One star just died, Diana Rigg, she had that special magic. She had beauty, plus she had that special magic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Rigg 

And I want to hire Mahlagha Jaberi so that I can meet her. She is a Persian model who lives in San Diego. I want to hire her. She has over two million fans on Instagram. I am friends with her on Facebook. She is 30 years old and single. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahlagha_Jaberi

But, the first part is to get the money, so I need to get the funding for the research, and I will use some of the money from the research to pay for the pilot.

If Hugh Hefner was still alive I could just take the project to Hef, but Hef is gone now. Hef liked me. 

And of course I still have my movie script that is ready to go, it is all complete. I want Ariana Grande for my movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariana_Grande

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50113 on: September 11, 2020, 04:05:31 PM »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2870557/

Lyme Disease: A Cautionary Tale

For those hoping for a really fast vaccine.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50114 on: September 11, 2020, 04:10:00 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/coronavirus/ice-air-farmville-protests-covid/2020/09/11/f70ebe1e-e861-11ea-bc79-834454439a44_story.html

Ice flew detainees to DC so they could put their guards on the ground.

COVID-19 outbreak followed.
Pages: 1 ... 3339 3340 [3341] 3342 3343 ... 4288