Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 [3364] 3365 3366 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583801 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Anti-Trump Administration
« Reply #50445 on: September 15, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »

"Licence and registration, please".

"Yes, certainly".
Go woke, go broke.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #50446 on: September 15, 2020, 04:12:48 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheBenjaminDixonShow/videos/3216493518404056/

No More Masks Rally

It was in St. George, Utah, in August. But I don't think the views it represents have changed in the intervening weeks, nor are they confined to Utah.

"Another reason I hate masks is that most child molesters love them!"

Fast fwd to 2:30 in the video.   WOW

Here's another link which gets right to it. https://www.complex.com/life/2020/09/people-call-out-coronavirus-protester-compared-wearing-mask-george-floyd-death
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 04:15:49 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50447 on: September 15, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »

Obama was king for 8 whole years, why didn't he fix it so there were no more fires,  no fires like those today?

Because he wasn't king. He was president and unlike the doofus in the office now, he knew the difference.

Because the GOP vowed to prevent him from being successful, unlike what has happened under this administration, where the opposition has done no such thing.

And because, honestly, he did not understand how serious the climate change problem was, despite having been told. He was better than Trump is (a low bar), but not enough so for the planet's and country's needs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #50448 on: September 15, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »

It happened on Trumps watch.

That's all you need to say.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50449 on: September 15, 2020, 04:29:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/opinions/step-forward-arab-israeli-conflict-opinion-oren/index.html

I think this is overly optimistic, but I sure prefer this kind of story and the underlying causes of it (accord between Israel and both the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain) over lack thereof, let alone greater war.

And if the "cost" of getting this is selling military hardware to them (probably cheaply), then so long as they are sincere and not planning to use the arms to change their minds and attack Israel, then go for it.

I think all of these things are going to further stigmatize and isolate the Palestinians and I don't believe that is a good thing for either the Palestinians or Israel. I don't pretend to see a better path that has a ghost of a chance of being followed.

Kudos to Jared for the results of this, thus far. May my pessimism be unfounded.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50450 on: September 15, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/us/breonna-taylor-louisville-settlement/index.html

More than six months after police fatally shot Breonna Taylor, the city says it will institute police reforms and pay her family $12 million

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50451 on: September 15, 2020, 04:33:32 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/health/covid-19-vaccine-trial-astrazeneca-nih-fda-kaiser/index.html

NIH is very concerned about significant side effects in the Astrazeneca vaccine trial (which is the one that just resumed after a pause).

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #50452 on: September 15, 2020, 04:35:54 PM »

We need to put water sprinkler systems in our forests, and if a fire starts then we can turn on the sprinklers to put the fire out. We can have water tanks in the higher elevations with the water sprinklers being fed by gravity. This can be done in our high danger areas for sure. Along with removing dead trees, and removing dead brush, and along with cutting fire roads, etc. I realize that people want to preserve our forests and want for them to be as natural as possible, but it is all a waste if it all burns, and it kills the wildlife when it burns. We need to do what we can to stop these huge fires from happening, and we can use the prisoners as labor, etc. 

Salute,

Tony V.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #50453 on: September 15, 2020, 05:28:34 PM »

"You have the key to the hearts of the people of Israel"

- Benjamin Netanyahu, to Donald Trump

He also has the hearts of White Supremacists and Nazis:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/07/world/europe/germany-trump-far-right.html

Certainly a big tent, Trumpism.

Not doing so great with the hears of our other allies, though:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/politics/trump-us-global-image-coronavirus-pew-survey-intl/index.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #50454 on: September 15, 2020, 05:46:20 PM »

We need to put water sprinkler systems in our forests, and if a fire starts then we can turn on the sprinklers to put the fire out....

I want what he's smoking.

It will get me through the next seven weeks.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #50455 on: September 15, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »

People say the darndest things.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #50456 on: September 15, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »

Obama was king for 8 whole years, why didn't he fix it so there were no more fires,  no fires like those today?

Because he wasn't king. He was president and unlike the doofus in the office now, he knew the difference.

Because the GOP vowed to prevent him from being successful, unlike what has happened under this administration, where the opposition has done no such thing.
Josh could probably  be the opening act for Professor Backwards .

barton

« Reply #50457 on: September 15, 2020, 05:54:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/TheBenjaminDixonShow/videos/3216493518404056/

No More Masks Rally

It was in St. George, Utah, in August. But I don't think the views it represents have changed in the intervening weeks, nor are they confined to Utah.

"Another reason I hate masks is that most child molesters love them!"

Fast fwd to 2:30 in the video.   WOW

Here's another link which gets right to it. https://www.complex.com/life/2020/09/people-call-out-coronavirus-protester-compared-wearing-mask-george-floyd-death

The sense of constriction when our government forces me to wear pants and undies is life-threatening.   It's part of the secret feminist Nazi program to wither men's dangly parts and hasten extinction.

Hmm.  It's terrifyingly easy to start absurd Far Right memes.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50458 on: September 15, 2020, 05:56:04 PM »

barton

Re: Should we worry? GOTV!
« Reply #50459 on: September 15, 2020, 06:00:11 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54162722

US election 2020: Could Biden's Latino problem lose him the White House?   

But shortly after, the Republican-controlled state legislature passed a bill adding the requirement that in order to vote, former felons had to first pay off all the monetary obligations imposed as part of their sentences, which could reach thousands of dollars.

Despite earlier legal challenges by civil rights groups, the court of appeals ruling of 11 September decided that the measure would remain in place.

The Democrats might now obtain the vote of many ex-felons who manage to pay off their monetary obligations before November, but most likely in far less numbers than they once expected. 

Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 [3364] 3365 3366 ... 4288