Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3418 3419 [3420] 3421 3422 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584511 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51285 on: September 25, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »

Hard to stay intellectually honest with that handmaid cowl pinching your head all day. 

barton

« Reply #51286 on: September 25, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »

Really depends on how much grand old protein is in the mama bird vomit that she receives each day from....

...wait,  sorry,  looks like the bird vomit metaphor has been used twice already in the past couple hours.   Better wait.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51287 on: September 25, 2020, 03:31:35 PM »

Speaking of indelible stains and rare plumage, how many people do you know or have you even heard of being sued by their niece for theft?

How much are you ready to trust someone who steals from their close family, not to mention, their creditors, their contractors, and the people of The United States?

The trump administration is based on a felonious premise. That is why we are watching it crumble away into dust.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #51288 on: September 25, 2020, 03:58:29 PM »

Councilmember Mike Bonin

3h ·

Could police officers better respond to violent crime and real emergencies if they weren’t also tasked with routine traffic enforcement, taking collision reports, and ticketing people for broken tail lights or jaywalking?

Could those duties be better handled without using armed officers with the authority to use deadly force? Could alternatives methods of traffic safety prevent people from being pulled over and searched for “driving while Black?”

Those are questions Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson
and I are asking in legislation that seeks to change the negative dynamics of our current policies by removing armed personnel from traffic enforcement, leaving more officers available to better prevent and respond to crime in our neighborhoods.

LAist takes a comprehensive look at the issues involved: Read the article at http://ow.ly/JRU550BAKaS.

-----------------

What do you guys think?

As we re-imagine our police departments, should we remove armed police officers from doing traffic enforcement?

The way it is right now, a cop pulls you over for no reason, searches your car, and if he finds drugs then you go to prison. And if you struggle to avoid going to prison then you can end up dead.

Should unarmed traffic enforcement officers handle traffic stops instead of armed and deadly cops who are looking to put you in prison?

Also, on the issue of re-imagining our police departments, should unarmed social workers and trained psychological experts handle the homeless instead of armed and deadly police officers?

Can trained professionals handle some of the aspects that armed and deadly cops are currently doing, without carrying guns and without killing people or arresting people?

And of course, Wellness Centers like the one in Orange can help desperate people, without police involvement.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 04:01:16 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51289 on: September 25, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »

You are on the right track, Tony.

We in CA may get there first, to our great advantage, since we are pretty far along in the vital national project of spaying and neutering our republicans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #51290 on: September 25, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »

Also, as we re-imagine our police departments, we need people who are experts at crowd control, who can handle protests and riots. We have people at Universal Studios, and at our other theme parks and concert venues and sports arenas who are experts at crowd control, and they can train people to do crowd control for our cities. People can peacefully protest without being allowed to riot, and burn, and loot. We have experts at our theme parks and concert venues who know how to do crowd control who can help our cities.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51291 on: September 25, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »

Also, as we re-imagine our police departments, we need people who are experts at crowd control, who can handle protests and riots. We have people at Universal Studios, and at our other theme parks and concert venues and sports arenas who are experts at crowd control, and they can train people to do crowd control for our cities. People can peacefully protest without being allowed to riot, and burn, and loot. We have experts at our theme parks and concert venues who know how to do crowd control who can help our cities.

Salute,

Tony V.

What kind of Mickey Mouse solution is that?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51293 on: September 25, 2020, 04:43:07 PM »

Josh. Which one of these guys reminds you the most of Ward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijhbHvxWrA

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51294 on: September 25, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »

GOP continues to try to follow its leader and grab American women by their pussies:

https://apnews.com/article/down-syndrome-health-abortion-us-supreme-court-st-louis-c846b5b33db75b2f81a9163d40e5ca80

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51295 on: September 25, 2020, 04:54:28 PM »

Who CARES more?

For fuck's sake - if Biden cared as much as he wants you to believe, he'd be out there - or online - just about 24/7.

He's got more of a "I'm the guy?  OK, I'll do it - someone has to" attitude.  "Someone has to beat trump.  That's why I am running."

Just not fucking good enough.  He's not driven.  Really wish he was.

This is stupid. Even for you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51296 on: September 25, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »

Stricter U.S. Lockdowns Would Have Helped Economic Recovery, Survey Shows Most Economists Believe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/09/22/stricter-us-lockdowns-would-have-helped-economic-recovery-survey-shows-most-economist-believe
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51297 on: September 25, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »

Ron DeSantis is the kind of lying fuck who enjoys putting his constituents to death, like trump and many others in that party.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51298 on: September 25, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »

After a Republican super PAC in Texas posted a photo of Senate candidate MJ Hegar featuring her tattoos and calling her a “radical,” Hegar had a quick response on Twitter: the tattoos covered shrapnel wounds she received as an Air Force helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.

"A pro-Cornyn Super PAC is using a photo of my tattoos to make me seem ‘radical.’ That's pretty funny to me,” Hegar tweeted on Thursday, referring to her opponent in the race, longtime GOP Senator John Cornyn. “You think I'm ashamed of them? They cover my shrapnel wounds from when my helicopter was shot down. They're a mark of my service to our country. I'm damn proud of them.”

https://news.yahoo.com/cover-shrapnel-wounds-veteran-senate-203619249.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51299 on: September 25, 2020, 05:00:56 PM »

They found Q on a pork farm in Manila.

http://slate.com/technology/2020/09/qanon-identity-revealed-explained.html

Careful where you by your bullshit.

Crackers turn up in the most unexpected places...

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3418 3419 [3420] 3421 3422 ... 4288