Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3426 3427 [3428] 3429 3430 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584449 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51405 on: September 27, 2020, 05:18:14 AM »

Reason enough to get a carry permit?

Mr Wall may be alive - his step daughter as well - had he been carrying and able to defend himself

Not sure we need more shoot-outs ...

And of course having a gun for self-protection didn't work out so well for Kenneth Walker, Breonna Taylor's boyfriend.

At least in the Taylor case, a lot of police reforms are being enacted, from eliminating no-knock warrants to mandating that all officers wear body cams that must be on from 5 minutes prior to 5 mins after any raid.  The warrant process needs improving as well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51406 on: September 27, 2020, 05:51:06 AM »

We’re not done getting justice for Breonna Taylor.

On a related note,

http://www.salon.com/2020/09/26/behind-trumps-push-for-civil-war-a-deep-history-of-white-supremacist-paranoia/

“Keep marching”.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51407 on: September 27, 2020, 10:28:40 AM »

Joe Biden
If I'm elected, I won't wait to take action on COVID-19.
Minutes after the race is called, I’ll call Dr. Fauci and ask him to stay on.
During my transition, I’ll bring together experts and leaders from both parties to chart a path forward.
We will overcome this, together.

Find someone better than Fauci, who is highly tainted.

And if you pledge to keep Fauci on, make sure that you say that you will free Fauci to be honest and direct and tell the truth and discuss the science, and stop covering for the anti-science Trump Admin.

Trump administration has never stifled/silenced Fauci.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51408 on: September 27, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »

Trump rally tonight just incredible

But I'm with Joe.

After all the praise you've given Trump the past few years, you are actually supporting Biden?

And if so, why?

I dont want the nation in flames

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51409 on: September 27, 2020, 10:30:29 AM »

The Proud Boys rally in Oregon... not everything it was cracked up to be.

But they're still assholes, even when there are not thousands of them.
https://twitter.com/PDXzane/status/1309950265861185537?fbclid=IwAR1QfVXbPJXTqW-M-VHAcRsp2BZyvnn0VAlMU-44pJDYwHsah4uDrY83Amo

Mostly, yeah - but there are good people on both sides

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51410 on: September 27, 2020, 10:36:46 AM »

Reason enough to get a carry permit?

Mr Wall may be alive - his step daughter as well - had he been carrying and able to defend himself

Not sure we need more shoot-outs ...

True - and in this case the deceased may have also stayed alive if he had not incited the other man (entire story not really out)

And of course having a gun for self-protection didn't work out so well for Kenneth Walker, Breonna Taylor's boyfriend.

True - you need to be wise with the weapon - and Mr Walker was seemingly not.

At least in the Taylor case, a lot of police reforms are being enacted, from eliminating no-knock warrants to mandating that all officers wear body cams that must be on from 5 minutes prior to 5 mins after any raid.  The warrant process needs improving as well.

Cameras for under covers don't always make sense

And there is a need for the no knock warrant.  LIMITING is the better word.

Have a nice Sunday

barton

« Reply #51411 on: September 27, 2020, 10:55:57 AM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/how-debate-bully/616461/

Some great tips there for debating der Trump -- I liked "we're at the 66th floor again. " 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51412 on: September 27, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »

Joe Biden
During my transition, I’ll bring together experts and leaders from both parties to chart a path forward.

And if you pledge to keep Fauci on, make sure that you say that you will free Fauci to be honest and direct and tell the truth and discuss the science, and stop covering for the anti-science Trump Admin.

It refused to allow him on national television.

Trump took over the daily briefings for weeks, often with no medical people speaking.

Then he cancelled them altogether.

And he brought on Adams, blocking knowledgeable voices from his own ears, versus the months in which he allowed no direct briefing from Fauci at all.

But you lie, so who cares, right?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #51413 on: September 27, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »

The Proud Boys rally in Oregon... not everything it was cracked up to be.

But they're still assholes, even when there are not thousands of them.
https://twitter.com/PDXzane/status/1309950265861185537?fbclid=IwAR1QfVXbPJXTqW-M-VHAcRsp2BZyvnn0VAlMU-44pJDYwHsah4uDrY83Amo

Mostly, yeah - but there are good people on both sides

I am keenly interested in what good things the good people segment of PB have done.   Can you share your research on this?   

barton

« Reply #51414 on: September 27, 2020, 11:45:34 AM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/StateDept/status/1309938304268279811

This theater always has plenty of projectionists!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51415 on: September 27, 2020, 11:57:49 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/aravosis/videos/10158697023434628/

President Trump discussing a needed restriction on the 9th month of pregnancy.

Not a joke or an imitator. And unlike the Trump campaign's bogus edits, this is unedited. Just Trump.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51416 on: September 27, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »

Joe Biden

Trump took over the daily briefings for weeks, often with no medical people speaking.

And he brought on Adams, blocking knowledgeable voices from his own ears, versus the months in which he allowed no direct briefing from Fauci at all.

Criticize for HAVING the dailies

Criticize for cancelling them...

blah, blahhhhhhh

Less critique - start there.  SOB was even criticized for steps toward MidEast peace - phewwww......

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51417 on: September 27, 2020, 12:02:04 PM »

As Election Day draws closer, commentators are issuing apocalyptic warnings about potential coups, street violence and President Trump not conceding if he loses.

But there's another frightening election scenario I dread as a Black man -- and that few people seem to be talking about.
It's what happens if an armed Black person clashes with an armed White person at a protest and bullets start flying

Images of such a confrontation could upend the presidential race, hobble Black Lives Matter and undo much of the White support for racial justice that surged during the George Floyd protests this summer.
Such a scenario may seem implausible, but it's only a camera click away because of two trends.
A number of armed, far-right White groups emboldened by Trump's "law and order" message are confronting anti-racist protesters across the nation. And there is a growing Second Amendment movement among Black Americans who are forming their own armed groups

The NFAC also marched on a Confederate memorial in Stone Mountain, Georgia, in July. With some members dressed in black paramilitary uniforms and carrying ammunition belts, they looked like an updated version of the Black Panthers.
One of their members grabbed a megaphone and called for a showdown with White vigilante groups.
"I don't see no White militia, the Boogie [Boogaloo] boys, the Three Percenters, and all the rest of these scared-ass rednecks," the man said as he cradled a rifle in his lap. "We here, where the f**k you at? We're in your house

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/26/us/black-white-militias-violence-blake/index.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:07:41 PM by kiidcarter8 »

barton

« Reply #51418 on: September 27, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/aravosis/videos/10158697023434628/

President Trump discussing a needed restriction on the 9th month of pregnancy.

Not a joke or an imitator. And unlike the Trump campaign's bogus edits, this is unedited. Just Trump.

He was just taking care to clarify that he is speaking only of babies which are born from their mother's wombs.   The laws governing babies decanted from lab vats are necessarily different.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51419 on: September 27, 2020, 12:54:47 PM »

Joe Biden

Criticize for HAVING the dailies

Criticize for cancelling them...

No, but you're just lying again.

There was no criticism for having daily briefings.

When Trump took them over, then there was criticism, because they stopped providing news and became his replacement campaign rallies, as we said at the time. Listening to Pence sing Great Leader Trump Ill Donald was hard, but we got Birx or Fauci on a regular basis.

When that stopped, criticism began.

So, as ever, eat shit and die.
Pages: 1 ... 3426 3427 [3428] 3429 3430 ... 4288