Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3447 3448 [3449] 3450 3451 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997604 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51720 on: September 30, 2020, 03:36:11 PM »

Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters
Former aides say that in private, the president has spoken with cynicism and contempt about believers.

“They’re all hustlers.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-secretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51721 on: September 30, 2020, 03:40:54 PM »

They can cut the mic, after a warning.

Moderator: "Mr. President, the Vice President has the floor. If you interrupt him again, I'll will be forced to cut your mic--"

T-RUMP: "Well, tell him not to..."

CLICK!

Not a difficult thing to do.

Trump would shout and rant. It would not have made a positive difference in the event, even if he was somewhat harder to hear.

Sound proof booths are called for, which is really stupid to have to say.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51723 on: September 30, 2020, 03:43:01 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/opinions/why-the-debate-went-terribly-wrong-graham/index.html

A debate coach's take on last night.

I thought his best observation was his grade and comments here:
And one more grade: an F, and F stands for Frank Fahrenkopf -- and the Commission on Presidential Debates, of which he is co-chair.

Part of what debate coaches do is to teach people how to judge and moderate debates. Fahrenkopf's instructions on this, elucidated in this interview with CNN's Brian Stelter, run counter to anything I've ever taught or heard. The directions to the moderators he described ("if one of these candidates says something on the stage Tuesday, it's the role of the other person in the debate to be the one to raise that") led to the mess -- which could have been easily predicted by anyone with a functioning TV or computer screen who has watched our President on it over the past 3½ years.

Wallace, Fahrenkopf pronounced, was just there as a "facilitator" meant to "get the candidates to debate, talk to each other about their positions." In the real world of debating, that's an open invitation to whoever wants to disrupt the debate the most. With his light touch on the rules rudder, Fahrenkopf (and his commission) are at least partly to blame for putting us through this rocky ride.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51725 on: September 30, 2020, 03:44:38 PM »

They can cut the mic, after a warning.

Moderator: "Mr. President, the Vice President has the floor. If you interrupt him again, I'll will be forced to cut your mic--"

T-RUMP: "Well, tell him not to..."

CLICK!

Not a difficult thing to do.

Trump would shout and rant. It would not have made a positive difference in the event, even if he was somewhat harder to hear.

Sound proof booths are called for, which is really stupid to have to say.

Then the moderator could simply say, "Sorry, but you're just giving Vice President Pence more arguments to invoke the 25th Amendment."

Seriously, let him melt down in front of America.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51726 on: September 30, 2020, 03:49:20 PM »

Now that trump is leaking like a ruptured bladder, republicans are looking back at the many off ramps they sped past, back when they could have saved their party and prevented the nation and their families the continued shocks and reversals resulting from elevating slimy parasite trump.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51727 on: September 30, 2020, 03:50:31 PM »

"I think he misspoke," Sen. Tim Scott, R-South Carolina, a supporter of the President's, told reporters on Capitol Hill.

"I think he should correct it," Scott said. "If he doesn't correct it, I guess he didn't misspeak."

Later, Trump made an attempt at clarification, telling reporters at the White House he'd never heard of the extremist group Proud Boys, whom he told to "stand by" the previous evening.

"I don't know who Proud Boys are," he said, departing for a campaign rally in Minnesota. "But whoever they are they have to stand down, let law enforcement do their work."

But pressed on whether he welcomes support from white supremacists, Trump said only, "I want law and order -- it's a very important part of my campaign."

I wonder if that counts as "correcting it" to Tim Scott.

I doubt it does privately. I wonder what he will say publicly.

Then there is this:
Still, even that reaction hasn't prompted widespread discussions inside the White House about issuing a clarifying statement.

"I don't think that there's anything to clarify. He's told them to stand back" White House communications director Alyssa Farah said Wednesday morning, without mentioning Trump's other call for them to "stand by."

His staff has told him that it was the greatest debate performance in the history of presidential debates.

The next format is town hall and he has done better in those, but it might be that Biden's presence triggers him somehow.

We'll see, as both sides have already said they would be there.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:57:25 PM by josh »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51728 on: September 30, 2020, 04:10:00 PM »

Americans’ negative opinion of the president’s debate performance did not improve an already poor impression of Trump. Going into the debate, more people had a negative opinion of Trump, but after the debate, the gap between Biden and Trump’s net favorability (favorable rating minus unfavorable rating) grew even larger, from 26 points to 33 points.

fivethirtyeight.com

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51729 on: September 30, 2020, 04:19:18 PM »

https://theweek.com/speedreads/940567/biden-prodemocracy-candidate

The Democrat vs The Autocrat.

And when Biden was talking about a K instead of a V for the recession, he knew what he was saying:

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51730 on: September 30, 2020, 04:28:10 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/30/joe-biden-debate-fundraising-423826

Money talks, bullshit wears orange pancake makeup, lifts, and a girdle while courting his daddy’s old friends in the KKK.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51731 on: September 30, 2020, 04:40:16 PM »

Some families raise their kids to grow up and serve their country.

Some families raise their kids to grow up and serve as foils in fraud and tax avoidance schemes.

Clear choice for everyone.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #51732 on: September 30, 2020, 05:22:03 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/9/30/1982087/-Airline-industry-and-Disney-to-lay-off-63-000-workers-because-of-Trump-s-failed-response

Trump has his blubbery oblivious knee on the neck of Disney and the airline industry. Help America defeat, expel, neuter, and reject trump to save The Magic Kingdom and The Friendly Skies.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51734 on: September 30, 2020, 05:39:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3447 3448 [3449] 3450 3451 ... 4288