Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3454 3455 [3456] 3457 3458 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997073 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51825 on: October 01, 2020, 05:18:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/texas-governor-drop-off-locations-ballots/index.html

Texas' part in preventing votes from being cast: one ballot drop box per county.

Texas has 40 counties larger than the state of Rhode Island. 12 of them are larger than Delaware. One is the size of Connecticut and another is more than 25% larger.

ONE drop box?

Criminal. Not legally, perhaps, but morally.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51826 on: October 01, 2020, 05:28:10 PM »

Home of the Brave (Democrats apply here):https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-preferring-to-risk-covid-than-losing-to-trump-are-shifting-away-from-voting-by-mail-205302247.html

This is what a man does. Not a "boy".

“I thought it was a no-brainer that because of the pandemic, voting by mail was going to be the obvious choice and it would not be controversial at all. It’s shocking to me that it is controversial in any way,” Steve Swanson, a trial lawyer from Glen Ellyn, Ill., told Yahoo News. “The main reason I changed my mind was because of this nonsense that Trump is advocating, that somehow this election is going to be fraudulent.”

Swanson says he will vote in person next week in DuPage County to assure that Trump can’t dispute the results in his home state, which is considered safe for Democrats.

“The more in-person voting that can get done now, the more election results you’ll have on the day of the election,” Swanson said. “So if it is clear just from the in-person voting that Trump has lost Illinois, then they can take that controversy and potential lawsuit off the table.”

But there’s also a more personal motive behind Swanson’s decision to put on a mask and cast his vote early.

If I get hit by a bus on Thursday and I voted Wednesday, at least I’ll die knowing I got my shot in,” he said.

Mr. Swanson is hungry to vote.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #51827 on: October 01, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/29/how-trumps-evidence-free-attacks-elections-damage-republican-party/

President Trump’s refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power threatens collateral damage to Republican senators, the Republican Party and any Republican candidates who find themselves clinging to small post-election leads.

The president has cited “fraudulent” voting and “rigged” elections, including in Tuesday night’s debate — but has produced no evidence of widespread ballot fraud in past elections or in 2020 to justify his abandonment of a core principle of American democracy. Republican leaders rightly rebuked the president’s words, if not the president himself.

As a Republican lawyer who has spent four decades monitoring elections and looking for fraud, I can say with confidence that evidence to support the president’s words and threatened actions does not exist. The president has consistently been behind in the polls, and his aim appears to be seeding chaos in order to somehow cling to power.

Exposed for the fraud he is, once again.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51829 on: October 01, 2020, 05:59:15 PM »

Biden and co should be made denounce "Black power/ Black supremacy", "Antifa leftist supremacy",  and "BLM supremacy" groups.

Sit down, fool.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51830 on: October 01, 2020, 06:02:52 PM »

When Trump was pressing Biden about any police unions supporting him, Biden should have just laughed/snickered and said that now it seems that Trump is a union supporter. 

Biden needs to point out hat the reason the economy is bad and people are out of work is because of the terrible job Trump did with the CV-19 virus.
People are getting sick, dying, losing their jobs, and running into financial difficulties because Trump couldn't wear a face mask and tell others to do the same.

Biden saw a lot of pitches he didn't swing at.

I give Biden credit for not losing his cool and belting Trump.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #51831 on: October 01, 2020, 06:08:13 PM »

I have this button-down black-and-blue vertically striped shirt which I think looks snazzy and European.  I'd taken to calling it my Italian shirt, and then after a few years I looked and noticed that it's a Fred Perry. 

So thanks for the backstory.  I knew Perry was an old wooden-racket-era player.
I also have Bjorn Borg boxer-briefs.  I think it's rather strange to have a man's name written many times on the waistband of my underwear.  But in China, all of the brand name stuff made here can be found cheap, so I have lots of brand name crap, which is amusing since in the US I would almost never buy such.  Amusingly, i take size XXX-large in the Bjorn Borgs even though I have just a 34" waist.  They do stretch, so maybe a 36" guy could wear them.  Maybe.

I never was that great at tennis, but could largely hold my own by an ability to run my ass off all over the court and return most shots, in hopes my opponent would make an error before I did.  Maybe if I had Bjorn Borgs hugging my crotch back then ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51832 on: October 01, 2020, 06:14:13 PM »

:'(
I like Needs posting transcript excerpts

Dems want you to feel that Trump was INTERRUPTING, that he was BLUSTERY, a LOUDMOUTH, IMPOLITE

You dont get that from transcript

When looking at just the words, the issues are there - mostly in Trump's favor.

Knowing how you like numbers....

Between Trump and Biden there were a total of 90 interruptions of each other or the moderator.

Trump had 73 of the interruptions, for an interruption rate of  81%.

That's an 8 to 2 ratio, kid.

Trump's Rate of Rudeness is the greatest of all time!!!

hmm

I had heard the opposite

In what bar?

No bars since COVID

Hopefully all of you have followed this.

Then what is your excuse for "the opposite"? Facts are facts. Who's lying to you, kid? Greg Gutfield?

Nah.  Was a woman.  I think from the campaign.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51833 on: October 01, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »

Compton cop shoot case -

Suspect apprehended.

So, what do you suppose happens if instead of the ambush being successful one of the cops in the parked police vehicle sees the suspect in time and fires upon him, taking his life.

DiAnte Murray.  What ties does he have?  What was his motive, his reasoning?  One can hope this was just a case of mental derangement.  But was he motivated by anything in particular to take cops' lives?

Could be a host of th8ngs.

Maybe a gang dispute?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-20/lasd-gangs-who-are-the-compton-executioners

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51834 on: October 01, 2020, 06:16:24 PM »

"Vice President Biden, do you denounce the violence of factions within the AntiFa movement?"

Surely this question was in Chris Wallace's notes.  Right?

Right?

Play Biden for a moment.  What is your answer?

Would it be different if worded just as, "Do you denounce the AntiFa movement"?

Antifa means anti fascist.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51835 on: October 01, 2020, 06:19:44 PM »

Oath Keepers,  btw,  is worth keeping an eye on.  Libertarian far right,  with many members in law enforcement and the military.   The Atlantic just ran an excellent feature on them....

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/right-wing-militias-civil-war/616473/

Keep an eye on them for what?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51836 on: October 01, 2020, 06:20:03 PM »

:'(
I like Needs posting transcript excerpts

Dems want you to feel that Trump was INTERRUPTING, that he was BLUSTERY, a LOUDMOUTH, IMPOLITE

You dont get that from transcript

When looking at just the words, the issues are there - mostly in Trump's favor.

Knowing how you like numbers....

Between Trump and Biden there were a total of 90 interruptions of each other or the moderator.

Trump had 73 of the interruptions, for an interruption rate of  81%.

That's an 8 to 2 ratio, kid.

Trump's Rate of Rudeness is the greatest of all time!!!

hmm

I had heard the opposite

In what bar?

No bars since COVID

Hopefully all of you have followed this.

Then what is your excuse for "the opposite"? Facts are facts. Who's lying to you, kid? Greg Gutfield?

Nah.  Was a woman.  I think from the campaign.

Trolling again.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #51837 on: October 01, 2020, 06:20:57 PM »

So Trump required a letter form Trump in every food box.  Of course the food boxes are necessary because Trump thoroughly botched the Virus response and screwed over farmers with his China trade war.

Towards the end of the letter it advises folks to practice best practices to avoid the virus:
1. Practice good hygiene and wash your hands;
2. People who feel sick should stay home:
3. Protect the most vulnerable individuals, including those 80+ years of age and those with pre-cionditions:
4. Practice social distancing and consider wearing a face covering when in public

Yep, the 4 P's ...
Pathetic and poor guideline information.

Masks -- which are key -- get a half-ass mention as a suggestion at the tail end.
Basically flip those around and the order would be much better.
There's also no mention of avoiding crowds or large groups of people.
(though maybe that's subsumed in social distancing -- I haven't been too clear on that, as social distancing was a US concoction.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51838 on: October 01, 2020, 06:32:19 PM »

Too fucking funny.

Of course, Trump doesn't want any changes - he thinks that format and method worked for him!

And it must be Biden behind the request. The Commission has nobody with eyes of their own.

The Trump campaign on Thursday launched a broadside against the Commission on Presidential Debates with a substantial amount of opposition research, claiming that the group, which defines itself as a private, nonpartisan 501c3 organization, is not, and reiterating that President Trump does not want any changes to the rules, he thinks.

Trump campaign senior adviser Jason Miller said the commission is made up of “permanent swamp monsters” and is “not representative of America as a whole.”

The Trump campaign, Miller said during a call with reporters, “(does) not want any changes to what has already been laid out and what has been agreed to for the second and third debate, period, point blank.”

He later added, “There shouldn’t be any changes. We do not want any changes. This is purely a move by the Biden camp and their allies in the CPD.”

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51839 on: October 01, 2020, 06:34:02 PM »

You (Kid Carter) keep ducking questions.  Yes or no, was Trump wrong not to condemn Proud Boys and similar extremist white supremacist groups in America?

You know Proud Boys aren't just white, right?

Wow,  you are confused.   Are you thinking of Oath Keepers,  perhaps (which does have some black and Hispanic members)??

PB is listed as an extremist white nationalist organization by the FBI,  other law enforcement organizations, the SPLC,  and other organizations that track extremist groups.

One of their current leaders says he is "Afro-Cuban."

Yes

Some Asians as well
Pages: 1 ... 3454 3455 [3456] 3457 3458 ... 4288