Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3457 3458 [3459] 3460 3461 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996654 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51870 on: October 01, 2020, 10:47:25 PM »

Hope Hicks, White House adviser, has tested positive after travelling with President Trump to a rally in Duluth, Minn.

I assume she was a lot of places

Not really even a big deal these days.

Hoax!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51871 on: October 01, 2020, 10:51:58 PM »

Oh those wild and wacky women of Trump's world

“Who gives a fuck about Christmas stuff and decoration? But I have to do it.” - First Lady Melania Trump

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51872 on: October 01, 2020, 11:06:15 PM »

Hope Hicks, White House adviser, has tested positive after travelling with President Trump to a rally in Duluth, Minn.

Evidently, President Trump disagrees with you, Kid.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/01/919344239/trump-adviser-hope-hicks-tests-positive-for-coronavirus
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51873 on: October 01, 2020, 11:13:20 PM »

Donald will be in big trouble if he tests positive.

President I, would've only been on that plane with my wife. Everyone else would've flown on Air Force Two.
Now look what's happened.

Video link....email, phone...no need for them to be on my plane.

They were on a helicopter together, too. Smaller, fewer places to be. Less of a ventilation system.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51874 on: October 01, 2020, 11:15:46 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51875 on: October 01, 2020, 11:58:57 PM »

Trump evidently was convinced, too, that he had not condemned white supremacists.

Now he has:

"I condemn the KKK, I condemn all White supremacists, I condemn the Proud Boys. I don't know much about the Proud Boys, almost nothing, but I condemn that," Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity, before he again appeared to equate violence by far-left groups with White supremacists, who his own FBI director says are the largest top domestic terror concern.

"Now, can I have a cookie?"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51876 on: October 02, 2020, 12:06:18 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/melania-trump-tapes/index.html

It's hard to argue with tapes.

But I don't trust Wolkoff as far as Melania can throw her. I think she fit right in with the bulk of Trump appointees at high levels --> looking out for #1, where #1 is Wolkoff, not the president or the first lady.

Doesn't mean I respect Melania, but I would be pretty pissed at Wolkoff, too.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51877 on: October 02, 2020, 12:21:15 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/melania-trump-tapes/index.html

It's hard to argue with tapes.

But I don't trust Wolkoff as far as Melania can throw her. I think she fit right in with the bulk of Trump appointees at high levels --> looking out for #1, where #1 is Wolkoff, not the president or the first lady.

Doesn't mean I respect Melania, but I would be pretty pissed at Wolkoff, too.

I dunno.

If I knew they were gonna throw me under the bus I’d line up some ass covering material, too.

They were setting her up to take the fall for the Inauguration bullshit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51878 on: October 02, 2020, 12:53:03 AM »

They’ll have to do that 25th amendment thing when they intubate trump. Will they wake him up to let him know that he’s lost the election?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51879 on: October 02, 2020, 12:56:45 AM »

Karma's a bitch

Trump and Melania test positive for covid-19

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51880 on: October 02, 2020, 12:57:21 AM »

They’ll have to do that 25th amendment thing when they intubate trump. Will they wake him up to let him know that he’s lost the election?

Karma?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #51881 on: October 02, 2020, 01:03:48 AM »

74 years old
300lbs.  if he’s an ounce

Hmmm...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51882 on: October 02, 2020, 01:05:35 AM »

Karma?

You call the lightning and the lightning comes.

He should really mainline some bleach and think about a UV enema.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #51883 on: October 02, 2020, 01:13:26 AM »

You should play Pickleball. Lots of racket action, but not a lot of running one's ass off.

I've been seeing Pickleball mentioned a good deal in US web sources this year.  Seems  it's having a moment.

In China, badminton is very popular.  At a lot of gyms, if they have 4 basketball courts, might set up badminton on 3 of those and just use one court for basketball.
One thing nice is that badminton allows for mixed doubles, so girls are in the mix.

I bet pickleball would go over in Shanghai if/when it makes its way here.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #51884 on: October 02, 2020, 01:20:45 AM »

The Trump Plague is the new normal.  Got it.
Sad sad commentary that getting a potential deadly virus that can then be spread easily to everyone in your circle is just a shrug, even as it infects the WH.

If Trump isn't infected, this will be something like the 4th close call he's had.  There was Trump Jr's girlfriend's B-day party at Mar-a-lago.  One Trump valet.  Some GOP-fest in which a few who were near the Prez got it.  Now Hicks.  And I might have left out another close call.  Everything with Trump is chaos and overload, so it's never easy to keep up and remember it all.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3457 3458 [3459] 3460 3461 ... 4288