Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3467 3468 [3469] 3470 3471 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996077 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52020 on: October 02, 2020, 10:36:36 PM »

It’s the Edgar Allen Poe administration.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52021 on: October 02, 2020, 10:37:03 PM »

Its one way to drain the swamp.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52022 on: October 02, 2020, 10:37:53 PM »

This might be recoverable for republicans if trump weren’t so mentally ill.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52023 on: October 02, 2020, 10:42:15 PM »

http://youtu.be/250iM7WOde8

When I wish trump a safe and speedy recovery, it’s with the understanding that the mental maladies are a way way higher priority than any physical ones.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52024 on: October 02, 2020, 10:44:34 PM »

Kellyanne Conway

come on down.

But first quarantine

George can't be too happy

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/1312214949658152960

Tonight I tested positive for COVID-19. My symptoms are mild (light cough) and I’m feeling fine. I have begun a quarantine process in consultation with physicians.

Her daughter outed her.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52025 on: October 02, 2020, 10:48:28 PM »

I wonder if any of the Trump haters on this board have considered what’s going to happen if Trump
is back on the campaign trail in a few days and immune while Joe is not.

Just a thought

Yes, Ward, many folks have thought that this might all be a set up to first get sympathy (though his campaign is trying to block that) and then have a miraculous recovery, possibly from one of the meds he has promoted, aiding their sales and his subsequent income/fiscal situation.

But with his admission to Walter Reed, the way he looked going to the thing, and the substantial numbers of additional GOP folks getting sick, if it's a put up job, it is far more elaborate than (a) I could picture him doing or (b) would be able to be kept secret.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52026 on: October 02, 2020, 10:51:19 PM »

I wonder if any of the Trump haters on this board have considered what’s going to happen if Trump

Just a thought

A desperate thought.

The thought of someone who doesn't care about the country, only about the party.

The thought strictly based on self-interest.

A thought that reflects the kind of perverse pride one grabs onto when one knows that all self-respect is gone.

A boyish thought.

A prideful, boyish thought.

Are you proud, boy?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52027 on: October 02, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »

It’s a very good thing that American voters got to see trump debate before hearing how infected he is. Trump might have benefited from an upswell of sympathy his sheer vileness prophylacticly squashed.

Now we’re just glad we won’t be bothered by him while we vote early and in person for Biden.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52028 on: October 02, 2020, 10:55:33 PM »

It’s the Edgar Allen Poe administration.

Well, then, hopefully come November it's nevermore.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
RBG's Revenge?
« Reply #52029 on: October 02, 2020, 11:06:42 PM »

A flurry of positive coronavirus test results that emerged Friday including the president's share a common nexus: the celebratory White House event where Donald Trump rolled out his nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Amy Coney Barrett.

The September 26 gathering – which was filled with peans to textualism and conservative jurisprudence, as well as a family-centric national introduction to Barrett – also was silently harboring the deadly virus that has ripped its way through the nation.

Among those attending the outdoor announcement who would test positive were the president and first lady Melania Trump, who both appeared onstage for the formal introduction. The first lady also was seated next to two of Judge Barrett's seven children, who flew to Washington for the event.

Kellyanne Conway, who on Friday confirmed her positive test result, was sitting directly behind the first lady.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8799193/Republican-senator-Mike-Lee-tests-positive-COVID-meeting-SCOTUS-nominee-Amy-Coney-Barrett.html

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52030 on: October 02, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »

Of all the remarkable weeks and all the remarkable events we've experienced since Trump became president, Russia hacking and collusion, kiss and make-up with Norht Korea, China trade war, Ukraine, impeachment, the Senate non-trial, lies and more lies and endless lies, the disclosure books from every corner of Trump world, the plague we call covid-19, this week may have been the most remarkable.

Just 6 days ago he nominates a polar opposite SC justice to replace a liberal giant to pack the court with a hard-right majority to threaten the rights and way of life for the majority of Americans,

the NY Times does a massive expose detailing how the conman has likely engaged in tax-fraud for years and cheating the US of millions,

has the first debate with Joe Biden where he totaly implodes showing no control, and exposes himself as a racist fascist who in plain sight of the American people refuses to honor the election,

and ialls out an army of fascist thugs to standby by to intimidate American voters who want to exercise their right to vote.

Then he catchs covid due most likely to his stupidity in not adopting common sense public health prevention measures like wearing a mask and practice social distancing.

Then in a super-spreader event he likely infects others in his close political circles because of his ignorance and selfishness.

I might have missed some stuff but it was truly a remarkable week.

I wonder how he tops it next week?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:26:13 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52031 on: October 02, 2020, 11:17:50 PM »

"This is not a matter of politics. It's a bracing reminder to all of us that we have to take this virus seriously. It's not going away automatically."

Blahlahblahhhhhhhh

As dumb as Cuomo, if this is possible.

Stop with the OBVIOUS.  Give us some fucking answers.

There arent any, Joe?  Just the insidious virus that needs dealing with?

Well, welcome to Trump's world.

Be the fucking Prez.  Go'head.  Heh.  Will be fun to watch you age without a hint of wisdom or sign of a ballsack..

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52032 on: October 02, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »

"This is not a matter of politics. It's a bracing reminder to all of us that we have to take this virus seriously. It's not going away automatically."

Blahlahblahhhhhhhh

As dumb as Cuomo, if this is possible.

Stop with the OBVIOUS.  Give us some fucking answers.

There arent any, Joe?  Just the insidious virus that needs dealing with?

Well, welcome to Trump's world.

Be the fucking Prez.  Go'head.  Heh.  Will be fun to watch you age without a hint of wisdom or sign of a ballsack..

Don't drink and post, kid. You're not that smart.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52033 on: October 02, 2020, 11:20:47 PM »

Just a thought

He’ll have demonstrated with all the resources at its disposal his Administration couldn’t keep the top echelon of the Republican Party or himself safe from the virus. How the fuck he gonna cover you?

That’s why there are 200K plus people dead and 11 million unemployed with another 60K getting furloughed or laid off because the president couldn’t give a shit because he is as reckless and incompetent as he’s always been.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52034 on: October 02, 2020, 11:21:19 PM »

Just a thought

He'll remind America in the flesh how he mismanaged this crisis and led to the needless suffering of millions of Americans.

But Trump will probably be in the hospital for a few days at a minimum becasue the fucking virus is not and was not a fucking hoax, but is very real.

You fucking vulture.

Just a thought.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3467 3468 [3469] 3470 3471 ... 4288