Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3473 3474 [3475] 3476 3477 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995434 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52110 on: October 03, 2020, 04:30:27 PM »

If Amy Coney Barrett does not have a full in person confirmation hearing, she can’t be validly confirmed. Even if she’s illegally seated without such a hearing, she’ll be Swiftly removed and the open seat will be filled by the next president. Any court decisions that include her will be invalid without a full in person confirmation hearing.

Senate committees have been having hearings using remote technology.  Is there actually any legal requirement for in person hearings for ACB?  I confess I am short of solid facts on this topic, and am just asking.  What I do know is that if two members of the SJC, both repubes, are absent and too ill to participate in any form, then that would considerably delay the SJC vote on advancing the nominee to the full Senate.  If they simply did not vote, their absence would mean a possible tie on advancement.  Which would mean more waiting.

They passed a rule in the judiciary to not do it remotely!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52111 on: October 03, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »

You are right Barton. Members from both sides have zoomed into judicial hearings and votes.

We’ll have to jam their signals and cut their land lines, a small price to pay to maintain justice in this country.

So, you're advocating domestic terrorism.

Not cool, dude.

By helping Louis DeJoy get in position to ratfuck the post office, these guys have affirmatively waived any right to clear, timely, and effective communication.

Like trump they are sick, sick men.

On top of that, they have Covid.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52112 on: October 03, 2020, 05:40:15 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/3/1983222/-Dr-Conley-s-press-conference-sparked-more-questions-than-answers-His-clarification-sparked-scorn

The monster and his team need to be careful not to fuck with the lab coats too much.

Distractions like that might cause someone to get a bubble in his line and a code.

Medicine is touchy stuff.

Good health and speedy recoveries!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #52113 on: October 03, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »

If Amy Coney Barrett does not have a full in person confirmation hearing, she can’t be validly confirmed. Even if she’s illegally seated without such a hearing, she’ll be Swiftly removed and the open seat will be filled by the next president. Any court decisions that include her will be invalid without a full in person confirmation hearing.

Senate committees have been having hearings using remote technology.  Is there actually any legal requirement for in person hearings for ACB?  I confess I am short of solid facts on this topic, and am just asking.  What I do know is that if two members of the SJC, both repubes, are absent and too ill to participate in any form, then that would considerably delay the SJC vote on advancing the nominee to the full Senate.  If they simply did not vote, their absence would mean a possible tie on advancement.  Which would mean more waiting.
If the Senate GOP does not have the in- person votes to confirm Barrett there would not be a vote until it does. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52114 on: October 03, 2020, 05:59:59 PM »

While an old man lies at death’s door in a hospital bed at Walter Reed,

Let’s not forget that he’s been cheating his taxes his entire adult life, stiffing people, dehumanizing, and even as a small child his father used him to launder money.

Let us also remember, while he is under such comprehensive publicly funded care, that republicans are right now working to insure Medicare and Social Security are dead broke no later than 2023, ending income and healthcare support for all seniors.

I’m glad Joe and his surrogates are out there winning votes where it matters. I’m glad that have a common sense positive message to bring and a pile o’ money to spend getting it out.

While trump struggles for air in his weakness, Joe is showing how to lead in these troubled times and how to achieve a successful steady solid project in the republican ravaged American landscape Of 2020.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52115 on: October 03, 2020, 06:03:24 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52116 on: October 03, 2020, 06:08:16 PM »

If the Senate GOP does not have the in- person votes to confirm Barrett there would not be a vote until it does.

The master of the obvious has spoken.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52117 on: October 03, 2020, 06:13:43 PM »

While an old man lies at death’s door in a hospital bed at Walter Reed,

Let’s not forget that he’s been cheating his taxes his entire adult life, stiffing people, dehumanizing, and even as a small child his father used him to launder money.

Let us also remember, while he is under such comprehensive publicly funded care, that republicans are right now working to insure Medicare and Social Security are dead broke no later than 2023, ending income and healthcare support for all seniors.

I’m glad Joe and his surrogates are out there winning votes where it matters. I’m glad that have a common sense positive message to bring and a pile o’ money to spend getting it out.

While trump struggles for air in his weakness, Joe is showing how to lead in these troubled times and how to achieve a successful steady solid project in the republican ravaged American landscape Of 2020.

As posted yesterday pre-existing conditions, suddenly became a thing for some in the Trump WH.

As Trump gets medical care unavaialble to all but the wealthiest of America's elite, the Repubs are plotting to gut ACA and kill affordable heakhcare for america's most vulnerable.

American can't be reminded enough of how truly evil, corrupt and greedy these motherfuckers are.

Can we or our institutions really survive 4 more years of this gross incompetence and corruption?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 06:18:24 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #52118 on: October 03, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »

MM has to thread the sutures very carefully, and jam this vote through before Trump is ruled too sick or too incapcitated to remain in power.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52119 on: October 03, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 06:23:56 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52120 on: October 03, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »

You are right Barton. Members from both sides have zoomed into judicial hearings and votes.

We’ll have to jam their signals and cut their land lines, a small price to pay to maintain justice in this country.

So, you're advocating domestic terrorism.

Not cool, dude.

By helping Louis DeJoy get in position to ratfuck the post office, these guys have affirmatively waived any right to clear, timely, and effective communication.

Like trump they are sick, sick men.

On top of that, they have Covid.

Nice joke, and not bad, however, you are still advocating domestic terrorism. Is that your preferred solution to what appears to be a systemic problem? 
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52121 on: October 03, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52122 on: October 03, 2020, 06:32:47 PM »

Not only that.

If the Yankees don't play due to poor weather conditions, the game gets rescheduled.

Hey! Here's another!

If two wrestlers are in the tOSU showers raping another student, Jim Jordan looks the other way, so he can say it never happened.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52123 on: October 03, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »

MM has to thread the sutures very carefully, and jam this vote through before Trump is ruled too sick or too incapcitated to remain in power.

Im pretty sure Pence would sign off on Amy of the weird right wing, unless they both go it’s really a Senate issue.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52124 on: October 03, 2020, 06:37:12 PM »

Ridiculous CNN headline of the day

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-walter-reed/index.html

Kid objects to more honest reporting.

"....the source told White House pool reporters..."

Heh.

Story now has important updates

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-walter-reed/index.html

From NPR.org:

Conflicting reports emerged Saturday about President Trump's health and the timeline of when he was first tested positive for the coronavirus.

Trump is "doing very well," his physician told reporters on Saturday morning, but a source familiar with the president's health later told White House pool reporters, that "the president's vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning." The Associated Press identified that information as coming from White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

"The next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care," the official said. "We're still not on a clear path to a full recovery."

The timeline of Trump's diagnosis laid out by doctors in a Saturday news conference was quickly walked back by the White House, raising questions about when the president actually first began experiencing symptoms and receiving treatment for the coronavirus.

Speaking outside the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where Trump was taken Friday evening, White House physician Dr. Sean Conley made reference to "72 hours into the diagnosis." That would be midday Wednesday, before Trump traveled to Minnesota for a fundraiser and an outdoor rally.

Trump revealed his positive coronavirus test publicly in a tweet at about 1 a.m. Friday.

Another physician at the news conference, Dr. Brian Garibaldi, said the president began an experimental antibody therapy "about 48 hours ago," which would be Thursday midday, around the time Trump flew to New Jersey for a fundraiser and before he shared his test results.

The WH never gives you a straight story. It's who they are.

Pages: 1 ... 3473 3474 [3475] 3476 3477 ... 4288