Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3485 3486 [3487] 3488 3489 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1993827 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52290 on: October 05, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »

Press Secretary McEnany has tested positive.

She says she has no symptoms that she is aware of.

Given her general level of awareness, the doctors are not making any assumptions about what that means.

Well written and humorous, josh. You're off to a good start this week.

Bubble-headed and living in the bubble is Ms. McEnany.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52291 on: October 05, 2020, 12:27:55 PM »

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski were appalled that White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany interacted with reporters despite knowing she'd been exposed to the coronavirus.

President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and White House adviser Hope Hicks have all tested positive for the highly contagious virus, and Associated Press reporter Jonathan Lemire said some senior officials knew they had been exposed before holding public events.

"That's an important moment because it raised eyebrows at the time that he travelled with, this is before we knew anything about Hope Hicks, he travelled with a smaller party than usual yesterday to New Jersey," Lemire said, "and Kayleigh McEnany, who we were told was slated to travel with him did not. Instead, one of the deputy press secretaries did. Kayleigh McEnany was, we have now learned, notified of Hope Hicks' positive diagnoses yesterday and later in the day still held a briefing with White House reporters, and, of course, she was not wearing a mask."

"Good lord," Scarborough said. "Are you kidding me?"

"Oh my god," Brzezinski added. "Stop right there."

"Wait," Scarborough said. "She knew before that press conference where she didn't wear a mask, in front of all of those reporters and had heated exchanges with Fox News reporters?"

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

https://news.yahoo.com/oh-god-joe-scarborough-stunned-080124536.html

Probably following orders. Go out there and get them sick, too!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52292 on: October 05, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52293 on: October 05, 2020, 12:41:32 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52294 on: October 05, 2020, 12:42:03 PM »

Which is happening essentially nowhere. I mean I assume the existence of assholes but in a statistical sense, nowhere. But Trump voters are great at manufacturing outrage and inventing victimhood so I assume you think this is a thing.

Government officials, prominent figures both in the news and reporting it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52295 on: October 05, 2020, 12:42:45 PM »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #52296 on: October 05, 2020, 12:59:38 PM »

Dr. James P. Phillips, MD
@DrPhillipsMD
·
15h
Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential “drive-by” just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity.

https://twitter.com/DrPhillipsMD/status/1312867868028141568?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

You're the third one posting that tidbit.

I was second.

Hard to keep up, the reactions ae coming fast and furious. His complete disregard for the lives of those even close to him is very noteworthy. Classic narcissist running out of control. Not at all someone you want calling the shots. He has his little me in Florida.

Photos Show Why Miami Public Schools Could Be the Next Ron DeSantis Coronavirus Debacle

https://www.thedailybeast.com/miami-public-schools-could-be-the-next-ron-desantis-coronavirus-debacle-in-florida
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52297 on: October 05, 2020, 01:03:19 PM »

Which is happening essentially nowhere. I mean I assume the existence of assholes but in a statistical sense, nowhere. But Trump voters are great at manufacturing outrage and inventing victimhood so I assume you think this is a thing.

Like who?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52298 on: October 05, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »

For you, Kid -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52299 on: October 05, 2020, 01:08:07 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52300 on: October 05, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-health-united-states-china-89f3f568802f32e6bafdbeee1c53abe2

More Americans blame the U.S. government instead of foreign nations for the coronavirus crisis in the United States, a rebuke to the Trump administration’s contention that China or other countries are most at fault, a new poll shows.

The poll by The University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy and The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research was conducted before President Donald Trump tested positive for the virus Friday and was hospitalized. Trump has downplayed the severity and impact of the pandemic in recent months.

Although many see plenty of blame to go around and there’s a wide bipartisan divide over who is responsible, 56% of Americans say the U.S. government has substantial responsibility for the situation. That compares with 47% who place that much blame on the governments of other countries and only 39% who say the same about the World Health Organization.

“It reflects a general lack of confidence in the way the government has handled the situation,” said Austin Wright of the Harris School for Public Policy.

The Trump Virus.

barton

« Reply #52301 on: October 05, 2020, 01:14:10 PM »

Name someone who is shifting their vote based on some angry bloggers ventilating. 

BTW, who switched a vote to Obama second term because some angries wished him dead? 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52302 on: October 05, 2020, 01:16:04 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-told-governors-not-to-endorse-him-2020-10

The Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, said during a virtual campaign event Saturday that he advised some governors against offering public endorsements of him to avoid the possibility of retribution from the Trump administration.

"I told some governors, don't endorse me, who wanted to endorse me," Biden said. "Don't endorse me because you'll pay a penalty. You won't get what you need from the federal government in terms of COVID prep."

barton

« Reply #52303 on: October 05, 2020, 01:19:17 PM »

For the anti same sex marriage folks:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/clarence-thomas-samuel-alito/index.html

Thomas' strong opinion came down on the first day of the court's new term, and reflects the fact that critics of the landmark opinion from five years ago that was penned by now retired Justice Anthony Kennedy, are still infuriated by its reasoning. They believe the court should have left the decision to the political arena and have long said that it will infringe upon the rights of those who have religious objections to same-sex marriage.

I guess how the religious will be infringed upon is left to our imagination.  Too bad, because it's hard to see how anyone of the man/woman school of matrimony will be forced into a same-sex marriage. 

barton

« Reply #52304 on: October 05, 2020, 01:20:39 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-told-governors-not-to-endorse-him-2020-10

The Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, said during a virtual campaign event Saturday that he advised some governors against offering public endorsements of him to avoid the possibility of retribution from the Trump administration.

"I told some governors, don't endorse me, who wanted to endorse me," Biden said. "Don't endorse me because you'll pay a penalty. You won't get what you need from the federal government in terms of COVID prep."

Dude's a mensch.
Pages: 1 ... 3485 3486 [3487] 3488 3489 ... 4288