Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3493 3494 [3495] 3496 3497 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994146 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52410 on: October 06, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »

I don't think he should have left the hospital, for his own sake. I hope he gets the care he needs, but I hope that as he does the truth comes out. It's important for the country.

The truth about WHAT should come out?

What do you need?  Oxygen levels 24/7?  Exact time and results of COVID tests?  Mask on/mask off data?

The truth about:
1) When was Trump's last negative test?

It was the one before the first positive

2) How far did his blood oxygen drop and what are the implications of that?

Pick a number and go with he implications based on the science.  .  I would assume it went below 90 but not for to long. Exact number isnt really important - there are actually privacy issues here as well.  Treatment was at he ready - as it is now.

3) Given the gasping we saw from him at the White House when he returned, what is his physical condition?

I think that is being answered. Its obvious he is back at work - and a lot sooner than a lesser man in his office would be (I am not talking about 44).  I think Trump looked quite strong in his message yesterday to America - and to the world.  And that's VERY important.

4) Is Trump still contagious?

Yes

I think that would be enough with regard to this visit and his COVID-positive status.

I still want the rest of the truth about his Walter Reed visit almost a year ago, now. And I want to know if he has been evaluated for frontotemporal dementia.

I would say YES - daily.

Thank you for asking.

You are welcome
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:37:33 AM by kiidcarter8 »

barton

« Reply #52411 on: October 06, 2020, 10:37:31 AM »

"Facing illnesses, facing deaths, facing also the higher rates of unemployment and loss of income in our communities has also, unfortunately, played a role in the levels of violence we've seen throughout the year," Katya Nuques, executive director of a community organization in the predominantly Latino Little Village neighborhood, said during a press conference Wednesday.

"The pandemic really has highlighted the vulnerabilities our communities already faced."

A poster with photos are attached to a fence in the South Austin neighborhood of Chicago on Sunday, July 5, 2020, during a vigil for 7-year-old Natalie Wallace, who was shot and killed as her family gathered to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Thousands of Chicagoans have lost their jobs amid the pandemic, which has disproportionately affected people of color in the city. There have been more than 75,000 cases of COVID-19 in Chicago, and nearly 3,000 people have died, with three in four deaths among people who are Black or Latinx, according to city data Tuesday.

Demeatreas Whatley, a violence interrupter with the organization Cure Violence in the South Side neighborhood of Grand Crossing, which has historically seen high rates of shootings, said that his community feels "on edge" this year.

He said that because bars and lounges are closing earlier than usual due to COVID regulations, people are congregating on blocks late at night, making them easier targets for retaliatory shootings, where bystanders have been caught in the crossfire.

"People are not trying to go in the house; they congregate on these blocks," Whatley said. "The way it is now, these guys, if they get word that three of their guys are getting tooled with on a particular block, they don’t care – they'll shoot the whole block up."   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/17/chicago-covid-shootings-homicides-surge-affecting-people-color/5804396002/

Covid,  mass layoffs,  people congregating more on streets as bars,  clubs,  close earlier.

barton

« Reply #52412 on: October 06, 2020, 10:39:03 AM »

Based on recent nonresponses from Kid,  I suspect I'm on ignore.   So I doubt he'll see the above.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52413 on: October 06, 2020, 10:40:58 AM »

When Dr. Conely talks about influencing the course of illness with his comments, he is making it clear that he is actively attempting to treat trump’s mental illness through his comments to the press. Whether the treatments to keep trump breathing have further exasperated the underlying mental problems is one of those subjects that will likely set the patient off.

Yes.

See the link I just posted - I don't think that this kind of massaging the story is going to help if Trump really has the kind of brain issues they are discussing in it and I sincerely hope he doesn't. But the notion that Conley might be trying to massage the news for the sake of his patient's mental health is no longer an alien one. (But I still think they ought not to have lied to us. Just tell us nothing, then.)

This Administration has lied to us since day one.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52414 on: October 06, 2020, 10:42:33 AM »

Follow the trends...

RCP's still rigged average has Biden's lead up to 9.2, but it's 10 among those polls taken at all after the debate.

It was 6.1 a week ago today.

And 5.8 on September 17th.

Last time it was above this, at 9.3, was the end of July. (It would be 9.3 today without their ignoring the more recent Ipsos poll for some reason.)

270toWin has Biden's lead up to 10.8.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52415 on: October 06, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »

Meanwhile..

Chicago has deadliest September in 27 years, wit 81 homicides.

Thoughts?

My son lives in Chicago.

Meanwhile

The most technologically advanced nation in the world has lost 211,000 people due to the pathetic federal response to the Corona virus.

Thoughts?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52416 on: October 06, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »

Meanwhile..

Thoughts?
Four years ago, right after the conventions Donald Trump indicated he had a plan to end the violence in Chicago in a week. He has never implemented that plan or told anyone what it was. As a result I blame him personally for each and every violent death in Chicago from one week after that date. The bastard.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52417 on: October 06, 2020, 10:50:29 AM »

I don't think he should have left the hospital, for his own sake. I hope he gets the care he needs, but I hope that as he does the truth comes out. It's important for the country.

The truth about WHAT should come out?

What do you need?  Oxygen levels 24/7?  Exact time and results of COVID tests?  Mask on/mask off data?

The truth about:
1) When was Trump's last negative test?

It was the one before the first positive

2) How far did his blood oxygen drop and what are the implications of that?

Pick a number and go with he implications based on the science.  .  I would assume it went below 90 but not for to long. Exact number isnt really important - there are actually privacy issues here as well.  Treatment was at he ready - as it is now.

3) Given the gasping we saw from him at the White House when he returned, what is his physical condition?

I think that is being answered. Its obvious he is back at work - and a lot sooner than a lesser man in his office would be (I am not talking about 44). I think Trump looked quite strong in his message yesterday to America - and to the world.  And that's VERY important.

4) Is Trump still contagious?

Yes

I think that would be enough with regard to this visit and his COVID-positive status.

I still want the rest of the truth about his Walter Reed visit almost a year ago, now. And I want to know if he has been evaluated for frontotemporal dementia.

I would say YES - daily.

Thank you for asking.

You are welcome

The world thinks the USA is led by a madman.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52418 on: October 06, 2020, 10:52:47 AM »

"Facing illnesses, facing deaths, facing also the higher rates of unemployment and loss of income in our communities has also, unfortunately, played a role in the levels of violence we've seen throughout the year," Katya Nuques, executive director of a community organization in the predominantly Latino Little Village neighborhood, said during a press conference Wednesday.

"The pandemic really has highlighted the vulnerabilities our communities already faced."

A poster with photos are attached to a fence in the South Austin neighborhood of Chicago on Sunday, July 5, 2020, during a vigil for 7-year-old Natalie Wallace, who was shot and killed as her family gathered to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Thousands of Chicagoans have lost their jobs amid the pandemic, which has disproportionately affected people of color in the city. There have been more than 75,000 cases of COVID-19 in Chicago, and nearly 3,000 people have died, with three in four deaths among people who are Black or Latinx, according to city data Tuesday.

Demeatreas Whatley, a violence interrupter with the organization Cure Violence in the South Side neighborhood of Grand Crossing, which has historically seen high rates of shootings, said that his community feels "on edge" this year.

He said that because bars and lounges are closing earlier than usual due to COVID regulations, people are congregating on blocks late at night, making them easier targets for retaliatory shootings, where bystanders have been caught in the crossfire.

"People are not trying to go in the house; they congregate on these blocks," Whatley said. "The way it is now, these guys, if they get word that three of their guys are getting tooled with on a particular block, they don’t care – they'll shoot the whole block up."   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/17/chicago-covid-shootings-homicides-surge-affecting-people-color/5804396002/

Covid,  mass layoffs,  people congregating more on streets as bars,  clubs,  close earlier.

And increased heat. 7* higher than average during the daytimes of the month, in aggregate. The nights were not substantially different from the norm.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #52419 on: October 06, 2020, 10:52:56 AM »

Nah.

It’s just a matter of “black on black crime in Chicago”

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52420 on: October 06, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »

Follow the trends...

RCP's still rigged average has Biden's lead up to 9.2, but it's 10 among those polls taken at all after the debate.

It was 6.1 a week ago today.

And 5.8 on September 17th.

Last time it was above this, at 9.3, was the end of July. (It would be 9.3 today without their ignoring the more recent Ipsos poll for some reason.)

270toWin has Biden's lead up to 10.8.

Let's go!!!!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52421 on: October 06, 2020, 10:58:20 AM »

It’s just a matter of “black on black crime in Chicago”

Is it? What do the stats say?

I am sure our level of caring is low.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #52422 on: October 06, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »

How is that “social justice” messaging of the NBA and the NFL playing in Peoria?
Not well.

Most of the messages on the back of NBA jerseys:

Education Reform
Vote
Say Their Names
Peace
Equality
Justice
Black Lives Matter

Are these sentiments actually controversial?
Or is it just (mainly) black people saying them that is threatening?
Point is it is causing millions of people to tune out.
When viewers disappear so do sponsors .

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52423 on: October 06, 2020, 11:28:14 AM »

The most technologically advanced nation in the world has lost 211,000 people    /   due to the pathetic federal response to the Corona virus.

Thoughts

Yes.   No.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52424 on: October 06, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »

Meanwhile..

Thoughts?
Four years ago, right after the conventions Donald Trump indicated he had a plan to end the violence in Chicago in a week. He has never implemented that plan or told anyone what it was.

heh
Pages: 1 ... 3493 3494 [3495] 3496 3497 ... 4288