Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3504 3505 [3506] 3507 3508 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1614626 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #52575 on: October 07, 2020, 01:40:16 PM »

The astronaut soared over fighter pilot in AZ. Of course, she's flying around with that albatross around her neck.

https://www.newsweek.com/martha-mcsally-trump-mark-kelly-debate-1536952

And:https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/arizona/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52576 on: October 07, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »

Huh!

Kid hasn't updated us with what the Rasmussen Report has to say.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/white_house_watch_oct07

Biden takes 12 point lead.

And shockingly enough, RCP hasn't updated either that or the now days old Ipsos report in their averages. How peculiar.

Heh.

0 -2, -4, -1, -2

Strong approve vs disapprove M-F 2 weeks ago

Last week it was

-11, -9, -10, -6, -12

This week

-12, -13, -15 (current)

Maybe there are that many Anti-Catholics in the U.S.

Moving ahead -

- Let's allow the 2 men to debate Hunter Biden's recent deals.  Why would this be of limits?  (Wallace was an effective shield the other night - and Trump didnt help things by talking to much)

- Trump campaign no doubt digging for a new scandal while banking on debates 2 and 3 (well... mostly 2 - as 3 might be a Biden shielding as well)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 01:43:30 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52577 on: October 07, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »

The astronaut soared over fighter pilot in AZ. Of course, she's flying around with that albatross around her neck.

https://www.newsweek.com/martha-mcsally-trump-mark-kelly-debate-1536952

Kelly is the more impressive of the 2, so I am fine with that trade.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52578 on: October 07, 2020, 01:43:00 PM »

Let's allow the 2 men to debate Hunter Biden's recent deals.

Sure. Let's also allow them to debate Ivanka's deals with China. And Jared's dad in jail. And Eric's testimony earlier this week. And Donny's girlfriend's sexual abuse allegations, and...
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52579 on: October 07, 2020, 01:46:21 PM »

Sure. Let's also allow them to debate Ivanka's deals with China. And Jared's dad in jail. And Eric's testimony earlier this week. And Donny's girlfriend's sexual abuse allegations, and...

Agreed.

I think if pressed to answer, Joe has a shitload of trouble on his hands

Shouldnt these debates be OPEN?  Or are we canning everything for Joe?

We find out soon enough.  Biden hasn't faced any sharks yet.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52580 on: October 07, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

Democrats are losing the Supreme Court messaging war, new polling indicates, with support for Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation trending in the GOP’s direction.

Nearly half (46 percent) of voters in an Oct. 2-4 Morning Consult/Politico poll said the Senate should confirm Barrett — up 9 percentage points since President Donald Trump announced her nomination on Sept. 26 — as more voters say the chamber should consider her elevation to the high court as soon as possible, regardless of who wins next month’s election.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/10/07/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-polling/

Americans are split on Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, with 46% saying they do not want the Senate to send her to the high court and 42% saying the Senate should confirm her in a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS....A majority of Republicans in the poll want Barrett confirmed (83%), while independents are split (42% do, 42% do not), and only 8% of Democrats support the Senate voting to confirm the federal judge.
Initial reactions to Barrett are among the worst in CNN and Gallup polling on 12 potential justices dating back to Robert Bork, who was nominated by Ronald Reagan and rejected by the Senate. Barrett and Trump's second nominee to the court, Brett Kavanaugh, are the only two for whom opposition outweighed support in initial polling on their nominations....The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS October 1 through 4.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52581 on: October 07, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »

Australia loses another freedom. You can't marry who you want. Glad we live here.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/no-english-no-visa-australia-to-block-visa-for-partners-if-they-don-t-speak-english-20201007-p562o3.html

But the front page news is that Oz is getting a new bar! WTF else would be so exciting, after all?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/bringing-italy-to-sydney-euro-beach-chic-bar-proposed-for-bondi-20201007-p562zp.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52582 on: October 07, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »

Cory LYING-dowski.

Corey Lewandowski, a top Trump campaign advisor, was spotted at a kids’ football game over the weekend without wearing a mask even though he had said he would isolate himself because he had been exposed to people with the coronavirus.

close dialog
Stream live CNBC TV from around the world.
START FREE TRIAL

Invest Like A Pro
Jim Donohoe, who attended the flag football game on Saturday at a field at St. Patrick’s Church in Pelham, New Hampshire, told CNBC he took several photos of the man he recognized as Lewandowski, including the picture above.

Another person confirmed to CNBC that one of Lewandowski’s sons had a game scheduled at the field at the same time Donohoe said he was there to see two grandsons play. This person spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter.

The league that sponsors the flag football games at that field requires spectators and coaches to wear masks.

The game took place a day after Lewandowski said on TV that he was “self-isolating” due to having been exposed to Covid-19.

“I think people should wear masks,” Lewandowski said during a CBSN interview on Friday, hours after President Donald Trump revealed that he and first lady Melania Trump had Covid-19.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/07/trump-advisor-corey-lewandowski-spotted-without-mask-after-coronavirus-concern.html

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52583 on: October 07, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »

We’ll get right on to debates 2 & 3 as soon as trump submits to a full examination by Biden’s team doctors and psychiatrists. This includes sending of a small DNA sample to E Jean Carrol’s lawyers, as a courtesy.

It’s all moot anyway if trump becomes intubated or otherwise incapacitated prior to the schedule for the event.

In his weakened state, there’s a non-zero chance trump gets taken out by a pair of White House raccoons.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52584 on: October 07, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »

The fact that republicans don’t take out their garbage and instead promote it has attracted an astounding amount of vermin to the White House these last few years.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52585 on: October 07, 2020, 02:44:20 PM »

http://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/10/7/21504186/mike-pence-coronavirus-covid-vice-presidential-debate-trump

Pence is a great example of republicans mishandling their garbage with disastrous consequences for everyone.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #52586 on: October 07, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »

Thanks for putting up the poll,  Josh.   I didn't include Marie Antoinette's balcony speech to the rioting fishwives.   Hard to really compare them all anyway.    Mobs can find meaning in almost any kind of blather.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #52587 on: October 07, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »

Thanks for putting up the poll,  Josh.   I didn't include Marie Antoinette's balcony speech to the rioting fishwives.   Hard to really compare them all anyway.    Mobs can find meaning in almost any kind of blather.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #52588 on: October 07, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »

In light of recent events, I have renovated a spider hole on my property and offer it to the trump family as a refuge as long as their hard currency holds out. I will even shovel dirt over them myself to make them harder to spot from the air.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #52589 on: October 07, 2020, 03:23:28 PM »

Agreed.

I think if pressed to answer, Joe has a shitload of trouble on his hands

Shouldnt these debates be OPEN?  Or are we canning everything for Joe?

We find out soon enough.  Biden hasn't faced any sharks yet.

kiidcarter8 all for the spreading of Russian disinformation to voters. He knows it’s the only shot his man has left.

His man knows it too.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 3504 3505 [3506] 3507 3508 ... 4288