Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3566 3567 [3568] 3569 3570 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610632 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53505 on: October 15, 2020, 10:19:44 PM »

Sen Sheldon WH from RI gave a nice tutorial a couple of days ago on how certain cases find their way to the SC.

It was a fascinating 30 minutes presentation
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53506 on: October 15, 2020, 10:40:42 PM »

She was tapped by the most corrupt president who has flatly said why he selected her... because the FS told him to.

She was passed over for Kavanaugh

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53507 on: October 15, 2020, 10:41:32 PM »

Rapists tend to flock together.

Now Savannah Guthrie has broken trump’s hymen, his bride price in the Emirates has dropped considerably.

However will he begin to pay his shady foreign debts?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53508 on: October 15, 2020, 10:41:49 PM »

You know Trump could have shown up...

I dont think they'd have allowed that

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53509 on: October 15, 2020, 10:42:34 PM »

China has stopped placing orders for Australian coal.

Time for retaliation by Australia.

Gee, people don't need as much coal anymore?! Go figure. Nobody could have seen that coming!

And I can see it now - you'll show them!

Tell me, again, how you punish China?!

And why! What have they done to you? Have they violated a contract or a treaty?

Or have they simply acknowledged the law of supply and demand and followed economics?

Why is your country's failure to look down the road China's fault?

We should at least be showing them something, instead of just letting them "kick us around the park in a trash bag" 24/7.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-25/china-and-australia-trade-relations-who-really-holds-the-power/12281608

China and Australia — who really holds the power?

A few weeks ago, it was revealed that for the first time in decades, the Chinese economy had lurched into reverse with a 6.8 per cent contraction in the first quarter as the Wuhan lockdown exacted its toll.

And this year, after several years of gradually souring relations, Canberra has found itself increasingly at odds with Beijing over calls for a full-scale inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic.
Furious at the actions of its upstart southern trading partner, the Chinese Communist Party has decided to demonstrate its displeasure with a series of coordinated attacks on the commercial ties that bind us.

Once the major driving force behind our prosperity, China is now using trade as a retaliatory weapon.

Last week, however, the unthinkable occurred. China announced it would "streamline" its inspection services for the steel-making ingredient.
But this was a declaration of war, of the trade variety.

For anyone in doubt, read this report in the Global Times(external link), a Chinese Communist Party mouthpiece. It mentions Australia, and no other country, in unflattering terms on 12 occasions.

The answer is that China needs us as much as we need them, at least for the next few years.
This may come as a surprise but while Australia is far and away the world's biggest exporter of iron ore the biggest producer is, in fact, China.

So why do they buy so much from us? It's because our ore is much better quality. It has iron concentration of between 55 and 65 per cent compared with China's 30 per cent.
That makes it cheaper and, when it comes to steel making, far less polluting; an important factor in a country where much of the population is choking.

Where it once viewed Australia as a compliant and convenient source of food and raw materials, the past few weeks clearly have signalled a shift. Beijing's ruling elite now sees us as an errant and ungrateful junior.

In this period of reflection, perhaps it's time we considered our future.

#####

Indeed.

. Get manufacturing jobs back from China and 'everywhere' else. Make things ourselves.
. Make companies operating in Australia have all their call centres in Australia.
. Make companies operating in Australia only employ Australian workers, no foreigners on temp visas [except genuine backpackers on special visas]...and limited staff from multinationals and overseas companies of Allies.
. No baby formula unless China buys our exports.
. No steel imports allowed from China, make our own steel instead.
. No car imports from China, some of the brands made there might come as a surprise. Make our own car for the People. Basic car $10,000 or less on the road price. Aircon standard. Nothing fancy, just an engine, simple body with one instrument in the dash, speedo. Model T bambucar. 
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53510 on: October 15, 2020, 11:09:02 PM »

Manufacturing takes good sense and hard work. Fleeing sounds more up your alley.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #53511 on: October 15, 2020, 11:19:21 PM »

My favorite bit of trump town hall coverage:

“He didn’t spend the whole time yelling, he didn’t piss himself… so this was as best as we could have hoped for,” said one Trump campaign adviser

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-biden-and-trump-shows-its-mr-rogers-vs-someones-crazy-uncle?ref=home

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53512 on: October 15, 2020, 11:22:29 PM »

She was tapped by the most corrupt president who has flatly said why he selected her... because the FS told him to.

She was passed over for Kavanaugh

Federalist Ssociety, once again.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53513 on: October 15, 2020, 11:29:55 PM »

Manufacturing takes good sense and hard work. Fleeing sounds more up your alley.

I worked hard enough. Too hard at the beginning.
Overworked, underpaid, used, abused, bullied, and harassed...all by White people male and female.
... and all while dressed in a nice suit.
An 18 yr old 'child', totally unprepared for the workforce.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53514 on: October 15, 2020, 11:31:03 PM »

You know Trump could have shown up...

I dont think they'd have allowed that

It was already scheduled. Trump blew it up then realized it was a terrible strategic move.

Doin the NBC town hall was an even bigger mistake,

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53515 on: October 15, 2020, 11:40:12 PM »

I voted, by mail.

I cannot believe Proposition 16, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964...

Um,  Prop 16 doesn't remove any protections against discrimination or the other things King marched for.   It just restores Affirmative Action and other programs that aid diversity and levels the playing field for disadvantaged persons.   It works against systemic racism and poverty,  Tony.  You need to read the full text of stuff you're voting on.
Prop 16 would codify systemic racism.  It is stillborn according to California polls .
With total common sense justification.

How does it codify systemic racism?   You don't get to claim "common sense"  without showing us what that sense is.  Though PoC are 60% of high school students,  they are only 28% of college students in a recent year.   Affirmative action was working to end that gross disparity,   until 1996, and the passage of 209, ended that.   It was working to correct centuries of economic and political privilege, and thus mend the harm of systemic racism.   
I would go with "Red thinks the only racism is against white people."
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53516 on: October 16, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »

It was already scheduled. Trump blew it up then realized it was a terrible strategic move.

NAH..they took it away

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53517 on: October 16, 2020, 12:44:07 AM »

I would go with "Red thinks the only racism is against white people."

Joe had a gaffe tonight against whites

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53518 on: October 16, 2020, 12:44:59 AM »

What would be the process of overturning Roe v Wade?

Who would actually be getting the case back to the SC?

You always talk about the prospect of it being overturned.  How?

Such a troll.

Or a fool.

Hard to tell which.

How is any prior ruling overturned, Kid?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53519 on: October 16, 2020, 12:45:59 AM »

I voted, by mail.

I cannot believe Proposition 16, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964...

Um,  Prop 16 doesn't remove any protections against discrimination or the other things King marched for.   It just restores Affirmative Action and other programs that aid diversity and levels the playing field for disadvantaged persons.   It works against systemic racism and poverty,  Tony.  You need to read the full text of stuff you're voting on.
Prop 16 would codify systemic racism.  It is stillborn according to California polls .
With total common sense justification.

How does it codify systemic racism?
By establishing race as a priority.
Local school funding plus redlining put that ship on the outbound tide long ago, to the further shrinkage of your micropenis.

I had a longer answer,  but yours gets to the heart of the matter.   Notice how he cut the most telling facts and figures out of my followup post.   Troll baby troll.
That would be you, not me.

"I know you are, but what am I?" asks our resident 3rd grader.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3566 3567 [3568] 3569 3570 ... 4288