Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3579 3580 [3581] 3582 3583 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583759 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53700 on: October 17, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #53701 on: October 17, 2020, 06:22:53 PM »

Why do some people talk so loud? Some people will be right next to each other and they talk so loud that the whole apartment complex can hear them talk. Some people talk loud on the trains too, they force everyone on the train to listen to them talk. People need to quiet down, and they need to keep their business to themselves. I do not need to hear every word of their bullshit.

Salute,

Tony V.

An Aussie woman, while in the USA on vacation, was in a cinema.
American woman in front of her was talking loudly on her phone during the movie.
Aussie woman tapped her on the shoulder and asked her nicely to please not talk so loudly as she couldn't hear the movie.
American woman screamed "assault", rang the cops. Cops came, arrested the Aussie woman, charged her with assault, she had to go to court.
She wasn't tossed in prison, was convicted and fined.

Cinemas...baaah!  I never go there, 'always' someone making a noise, spoiling the experience.
Well, I only go there if I'm 'dragged' there...which is about once every 20 years.
I recently attended a cinema, to see the movie 'Marshall' [Thurgood Marshall]...only a small amount of 'dragging' needed.
Given that I probably won't live another 20 years [gotta die before 13 yrs from now so the cheese and kisses can collect the insurance money]...I've never have to go there again.

Luckily, where I live now, all the hundreds of people are old, they battle to talk above a whisper, don't have wild parties, and are "tucked up in bed when the sun goes down".
Paradise.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53702 on: October 17, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »

Rudy Giuliani

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53704 on: October 17, 2020, 07:00:53 PM »

From the Heritage Foundation, a conservative institution, discussing the problem with nationalism. It's a thought-provoking piece.

https://www.heritage.org/conservatism/commentary/the-problem-nationalism

barton

Re: A Little Beheading Never Hurt Anyone
« Reply #53706 on: October 17, 2020, 07:10:25 PM »

Poor French teacher...maybe the worst way to die, having your head hacked off.

The wise today do not even speak or write the M word.

For criticizing such believers and writing the first letter you put yourself in peril. They are probably on their way to your house to hack off your ear right now.  Best to go into deep hiding immediately ...

I did a detailed risk assessment before posting it. I am at serious risk as you pointed out, especially as I'm not allowed to own machine guns, pump-action shotguns, handguns, grenades etc.
If only I lived in America!   Then I could protect myself.
No wonder Americans don't want to give up their guns.
I'm in deep hiding already, as best as I can, I'm not allowed to modify my house as the 'landlord' [they own the building, I own the money/value] has rules.
No rules against a suit of armour though.
No rules against spear fishing either.

Back to the "performance art" theory.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53707 on: October 17, 2020, 07:31:18 PM »

The ignorance it takes to believe this is   ... par for the course, I suppose.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53709 on: October 17, 2020, 07:51:25 PM »

Actually off by at least a factor of 5 and possibly an order of magnitude.

Trump got Regeneron as an experimental drug. He got a wing of the hospital. Lots more.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53710 on: October 17, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »

Trump got Regeneron as an experimental drug. He got a wing of the hospital. Lots more.

So would any President 
What’s your point, if you even had one.?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53711 on: October 17, 2020, 08:07:51 PM »

So would any President 

That his telling us that we can all get what he got for treatment and the coronavirus is just not a problem anymore is hogwash - and that his ongoing efforts to wipe out our healthcare, while promising a health plan that has never come in the 5 years of promises, are revolting.

But you knew that. So, goodbye.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53712 on: October 17, 2020, 08:11:41 PM »

“Dammit, Minnesota,
you better vote for me.”
-Trump speaking
in Michigan today.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53713 on: October 17, 2020, 08:16:16 PM »

Eric Trump, demonstrating that he has inherited his father's propensity for thinking he is making astute comments while shooting himself in the foot, tweeted a picture of Joe Biden's (former) house and suggesting in his wording that somehow Biden had engaged in something inappropriate, given how grand the property is.

https://twitter.com/andrewfeinberg/status/1317574466365509634

Mr. Feinberg responded, with first the truth of the matter and then a zinger.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53714 on: October 17, 2020, 08:29:07 PM »

So would any President 

That his telling us that we can all get what he got for treatment and the coronavirus is just not a problem anymore is hogwash - and that his ongoing efforts to wipe out our healthcare, while promising a health plan that has never come in the 5 years of promises, are revolting.

But you knew that. So, goodbye.
Thanks for lying AND evading the question.
Pages: 1 ... 3579 3580 [3581] 3582 3583 ... 4288