Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3583 3584 [3585] 3586 3587 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594905 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53760 on: October 18, 2020, 02:35:19 PM »

Actually off by at least a factor of 5 and possibly an order of magnitude.

Trump got Regeneron as an experimental drug. He got a wing of the hospital. Lots more.

So would any President 
What’s your point, if you even had one.?

Umbrella
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53761 on: October 18, 2020, 02:37:36 PM »

Pennsylvania democrat Governor Tom Wolf to out-of-work Pennsylvanians,
DROP DEAD!

Might need some evidence to back up that spin,  scholar.
Read the newspapers 
Take notes

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53762 on: October 18, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »

Best new Campaign Yard Sign

For Sale
 USA
CALL HUNTER BIDEN
1-800-I-KNOW-JOE

lol

What’s that?

Oh yeah...

The smell of desperation!

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53763 on: October 18, 2020, 02:53:34 PM »

As coronavirus surges across the US, only 2 states are trending in the right direction

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/18/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

Typhoid Donnie needs to keep it virtual. Those are 2 states he has not rallied in. No masks and packed like sardines coming to your neighborhood soon. If you support him get his disease.

I saw a small part of the rally in which he explained that he might have to leave the country and behind him was a sea of people... most of whom were wearing masks!

Stage craft.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53764 on: October 18, 2020, 02:57:29 PM »

"12 more years" chant yesterday

2 great rallies.

Is that when Putin’s term ends?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53765 on: October 18, 2020, 03:23:38 PM »

Inside the Fall of the CDC
https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-the-fall-of-the-cdc

Good longish read.
They never make it clear why the CDC didn't just adopt the German/WHO test after the CDC test was compromised.  And if that was a CDC or Trump Admin decision.

They also don't discuss why the CDC remained the only testing lab in the country for a couple months until the Trump Admin finally let private labs do testing as well.
Again, blame apportionment to CDC or Trump Admin is not discussed.

Thanks for the link

It's been reviewed a few time.  US always goes with their own testing.  The decision to not use the WHO test isn't really the issue

Blame?  No real need for that .  It was poor execution - and we moved on.

“and we moved on.”

Still spouting that tired cliche from the Knicks forum, huh?

This ain’t Dave Checketts fucking up.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53766 on: October 18, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »

Time was of the essence and they wasted 3-5 weeks getting the test working.
The German test that WHO adopted was simpler (2 genetic sites checked) and worked.

If you don't know who made the mistakes, why and how, then you don't learn how to prevent the same or similar mistakes in the future.  A lot of the mistakes were purely political interference in CDC/ public health matters.  But some of it, especially the failed test and contamination seems to have been CDC intransigence.

In the end it will turn out to have been the Administration’s call.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #53767 on: October 18, 2020, 03:46:49 PM »

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/XxBcNftLMjGEnzyd-l9pGagi7A4=/0x395:3997x2643/720x405/media/img/mt/2019/09/TrumpNMrally/original.jpg

Hardly a mask to be seen. New Mexico soon after became a virus leader. I do not see many masks at all at any of the pictures of his rallies. Same thing happened in the midwest. Almost like the leaping lemurs jumping over the cliff.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #53768 on: October 18, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »

It was poor execution - and we moved on.
And we moved on to  ... more poor execution.

It's still all state by state and ad hoc.  No real national strategy.  Not sure how long testing result delays are these days, but no reason folks can't get results within a few hours.  Masks still a politicized issue for the most part.  8 months in and we're getting record high daily infections.  Are test results being reported?  Is adequate contact tracing in place.  Do policies reflect the level of outbreak?  Etc.

We haven't moved on, we've continued with failure.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 05:32:06 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53769 on: October 18, 2020, 04:49:39 PM »

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/thumbor/XxBcNftLMjGEnzyd-l9pGagi7A4=/0x395:3997x2643/720x405/media/img/mt/2019/09/TrumpNMrally/original.jpg

Hardly a mask to be seen. New Mexico soon after became a virus leader. I do not see many masks at all at any of the pictures of his rallies. Same thing happened in the midwest. Almost like the leaping lemurs jumping over the cliff.

Lemmings.

Lemurs are too evolved to follow a worm like trump anywhere.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #53770 on: October 18, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »

Lemmings.

OK I stand corrected. Actually it is a poor example because these misguided folks infect friends, family, and everyone they come in contact with. Lemurs are too smart.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #53771 on: October 18, 2020, 05:17:56 PM »

"Just having fun"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/18/politics/gretchen-whitmer-lara-trump-cnntv/index.html

This is akin to the bullies' perpetual "I was just kidding, you can't take a joke" routine.

Biff Tannen is the deity to which the Right now presents its burnt offerings.   

barton

« Reply #53772 on: October 18, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »

DROP DEAD!

Read the newspapers 
Take notes

I did,  couldn't find Tom Wolf telling anyone to drop dead.   I did see something about him trying to reduce occupancy maximums in bars and restaurants, to save lives,  and reduce the suffering from a severe and highly contagious respiratory disease.   Tom Wolf,  it seems,  doesn't want people to get burned on the bonfire of their vanities.   

I wish I were a scholar like you,  and thus find this fascinating news nugget of which you speak.   

barton

« Reply #53773 on: October 18, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »

Lemmings.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53774 on: October 18, 2020, 05:44:22 PM »

DROP DEAD!

Read the newspapers 
Take notes

I did,  couldn't find Tom Wolf telling anyone to drop dead.   I did see something about him trying to reduce occupancy maximums in bars and restaurants, to save lives,  and reduce the suffering from a severe and highly contagious respiratory disease.   Tom Wolf,  it seems,  doesn't want people to get burned on the bonfire of their vanities.   

I wish I were a scholar like you,  and thus find this fascinating news nugget of which you speak.
Keep digging   I know you can do it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:05:09 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 3583 3584 [3585] 3586 3587 ... 4288